View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:22 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 It Starts With A Spell (Tani) 

Post Re: It Starts With A Spell (Tani)
"... the only reason I still have my head intact is... well... my mana sometimes absorbs other spells when I'm caught off guard... I think it has a mind of its own but... my mana absorbed the full blunt of your spell before it hit me and when it made contact it couldn't focus itself on absorbtion... I was just wondering if... you understood dark magic and fire..."

It was hard to describe, but she had felt her abilities absorb some dark matter. The only that had been close to contact was the orb, so her deduction was simple to calculate. She twiddles her thumbs while trying to think of what mroe to say. She really wished to learn more of magic and mana. But it was hard to do so on one's own mindset. It was a slow process.

Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:11 pm

"I see..."

That did answer a few questions about the woman's strange resilience. But why dark magic and fire of all things? There were several paths to choose from though some have natural affinities to some more than others. Kanoe did not see how Tani could possibly want to pursue such a dark path. Controlling the shadows, dealing with demons, she could not see such a positive woman succeeding.

"Well the wound on your head shows how much I know about dark magicks," She says softly, turning to face the woman, "I do know some about channeling fire though it's difficult to find an...appropriate place to practice it. Someone like you may be better off practicing a less...darkened path."

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:50 pm

"I appreciate your concern, considering my personality contradicts what I want. But if you truly think of it deeply, my mana absorbed some of your spell. I shouldn't be able to handle having dark magic mixing with mine unless I already was accustomed to it."

She had thought long and hard on what path she wanted, but she couldn't shake off her kind disposition yet. There may be a time where she couldn't be as innocent as she wanted, but until that bridge comes, she was going to remain a kind and nice girl. Its not that she wanted to make it difficult for herself, but she always figured people would appreciate a more sweeter girl the a mean one.

"Its not... as if I haven't considered the sacrafices I need to make. And I know this sounds selfish," she begins, still fidgeting from the woman's attention, "I desire power... I know... it sounds bad."

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:15 am

The dark witch smiles faintly. The woman obviously had no idea what it takes to gain power. Such naive innocence, it would be tragic to have it taken away so soon. Or perhaps it already was on it's way to being lost.

"Perhaps it is possible for you to learn a few things," She says softly, "But lets not speak of it here."

With that she turns and continues out the double doors and heading towards the dorms. It was slightly amusing to see that woman try so hard to be the good girl. But deep down, Tani had a desire to grow stronger. It was possible to remain the same on the outside but deep down, that student will learn who she really is.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:32 am

Her intentions wouldn't be considered so selfish at least. She wanted to grow stronger to help people in any way she could. Despite dark magic's reputation for destroying innocence, she found herself pulled to it without a second thought. And truly, she wouldn't want it any different.

She blinks before quickly picking up the pace behind Kanoe. She assumed that they would talk elsewhere, hopefully she didn't assume wrong and impose on the woman. She must think of her crazy for wanting to delve in such magicks, but she resolved in the matter. With the subject closed, she follows silently behind the dark-haired student.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:50 am

The dark witch was not concerned about Tani's reasons for learning magic. It was important to get as many gifted students trained as possible in hopes of someday slaying some of these monsters. She could reveal that there are monsters on this island and in the school but it would do little. Even if the woman believes her, it would have much bigger impact when this student encounters one and loses all that precious innocence she holds dear.

Kanoe flicks her necklace as she walks down the dorm halls. Finally reaching her room, she unlocks the door and enters. A snap of her fingers ignites the four candles sitting on her table. She waits for Tani to follow before closing and locking the door. The witch takes a few moments to gather a few tomes of various sizes and ages and sets them on the table. Of course she did not expect to delve into any of them until she knows more about this woman.

"Would you like some tea?" she asks as she walks into the kitchen.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:53 am

She had no idea her innocence was so hindering towards her magical abilities. She still had no idea of the monsters that lurked on the island either, nor would she even think bout it until she encountered one. Apparently experience would count more then a verbal lesson.

Her eyes follow Kanoe's finger to the lit candles in the room. Abit hesitant to enter a stranger's room, she nervously slips in, feeling the tension build when the woman locks the door behind her. Her eyes widen in awe from all the tomes the witch had and politely seats herself at the table. Gazing in shock one could have so many books to learn from in one setting, she nods dumbly before realizing he question presented to her.

"Oh-umm... if its not a problem. Thank-you very much," she replies before shifting in her seat.

Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:03 am

Kanoe returns with a tray and pours two cups of tea before taking a seat. She regards Tani calmly as she considers how to go about this. How should she start?

"Dark magicks are not necessarily evil but nor are they something to be viewed as good," she says softly, "It revolves around controlling the darkness around you as well as the darkness within yourself. Perhaps you will be able to learn the basics. But in order to grow beyond that, you will have to realize that even a good girl like you has darker desires, hidden desires. What you try to do with them is up to you but that is further in the future," she stops to take a sip of tea, waiting for a moment before continuing, "I need to know how much you know as of now and if you are capable of channeling mana. Also, are you able to see mana or achieve mana sight?"

Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:59 pm

"I can channel mana, I can see it, and I'm able toa chieve the sight if I concentrate. But that's practically it. Oh and I light candles and make a dark bolt like you did, only very tiny," she explains and shows the size by lifting her hand and makes her thumb and index finger measure the size of an orb she can pull off. It would be a big as her middle finger and as wide as an oversized golfball.

"Very tiny," she adds with a little voice, but blinks her naive and playful personality away and shrugs with a sheepish smile, "Sorry, I sometimes like to act younger then my age. But I do get serious about magicks, I assure you."

She became more thoughtful on Kanoe's basis of dark and hidden desires. She meant... wanting what she wanted and not for others? She furrows her brows to think if she truly had any dark desires. She abrupt and quick when she lfits her head and gives a bright, hopeless smile.

"Sorry, but I don't desire anything for myself except to help others. The reason I'm going to college is to better educate myself in marine life and the human body for when I go into the Coast Guard. Is it... required to have dark thoughts in order to manipulate darkness?"

Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:50 am

"If you continue to pursue it, you will find out more about your desires," she replies, "Or perhaps you will simply stop growing. Dark magicks tend to involve dealings with the netherworld, demons. If you wish to just do minor things with shadows, I do not see you running into any problems. Fire has it's own emotions. From passion to burning rage, fire can be a gentle warmth or a halocaust that reduces all to ash. Currently, your path will only lead to a dead end. You claim to want to help others but you would not need much dark and fire magicks for that. Protecting others with it would mean you are harming others with it as well. And finally, you have goals that lean away from your magic. Magic is not something you can practice and study every once in awhile and suddenly become better. To walk such a thing with half your heart, you will be mediocre at best."

Kanoe drinks from her cup. Her eyes did not waver as she gazes at Tani. Perhaps the woman will have some uses, but it was doubtful that such a soft personality will be able to endure the hardship of entering her world. This woman even had dreams that had nothing to do with magic. Why bother with such things? It was doubtful the Coast Guard would accept someone suddenly controlling fire and darkness in their presence. It was all very confusing.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:50 am

"Mmm..." was all she could reply with. She never thought about practicing a lot before and normally she wouldn't be so oblivious to her own future. She lowers her head in deep thought. She never once even thought of what the Coast Guard would do with a magic user, expect for plunging them into the sea for witchcraft. She flinches at the thought, wondering if she should rethink her career status.

"... I'm willing to sacrafice... but if I can't do it to help people... I kind of... like the feeling of using dark magic... you know? Its got some rush when you delve into something you know is off somehow... but I like it. And I still want to keep doing it..."

Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:28 pm

"Hmm?" she smiles in amusement, "You sound...reluctant, Tani. There is no reason to decide now if you wish. You only seek the power to help others afterall and ordinary mortals are easy to please. Delaying would only hinder you if you are seeking something...more. But, you have already stated your intentions so there is no worries there. And yes, it is a rush to feel power coursing through one's veins even if it is dark and tainted. This is not a path really meant for a good girl in most cases."

Kanoe knew all to well what Tani was feeling as far as channeling was concerned. The feeling of ice and fire running through her veins followed by the feeling of emptyness and ectasy afterwards always reminds her how much stronger she was than others. It was addicting. She nearly harmed herself permanently when she was younger from channeling too much and too hard. To see this innocent woman revealing her desire causes Kanoe's eyes to glimmer with delight. This woman did not seem to even notice that there are some selfish desires hidden within that pretty little head of hers.

Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:17 am

"I don't want to hinder myself... but I don't think I've thought this through too well. I want to do dark magic... I've already decided that. Well, what are you going for in career wise? Is there really a job for someone magically inclinded that they could practice with it?"

She didn't mean to lean fully on what Kanoe was saying, but she sounded like she knew what she was talking about. Its not that she didn't want to help people or anything, but she still wanted to be a good magic user. If helping others would suffice for it, what was she to do? Let her magic waver because no one would accept her for it?

"This is so confusing..."

Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:15 pm

"Career wise?" Kanoe blinks, "Anything I wish. That is the advantage of having power, Tani. I will not have to worry about simple matters like money and funding for some time. Especially while I am here, studying," she gets up out of her chair and steps into her bedroom as she continues speaking, "If you are confused, there is little I can do to help you. You have foolish thoughts that you can live a normal life and use magic at the same time but you know this world will not accept that. I cannot force you into this path and this is not a path for the timid and half hearted."

Kanoe steps back into the room. Her uniform was replaced with a long flowing black robe that wisps softly with each step of her bare feet. Her necklace lightly bounces against her breasts as she returns to her seat and gazes at Tani.

"This is something you have to decide yourself."

Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:34 pm

"Foolish huh?" she questions, her head lowers in shame of how her stupid thoughts had blinded her to the obvious fact that this wasn't such a perfect world and that people may not like her for what she does. She fidgets absentmindely while trying to decide to what to do.

Well, it really wasn't hard to figure it out, she still wanted to continue her art for magic, but maybe she should make changes in her point of view. It was really the first time she had ever been put in her place for her thinking. It made her feel low, like what she had overlooked was common sense.

"Maybe... this is something I should do for myself for once... to do magic... mmmm..."

Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:34 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next