View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Mana Mana (for Clarice and Kanoe) 

Post Re: Mana Mana (for Clarice and Kanoe)
Violett sighed.

"How can I be ready? I spent my whole life believing this is impossible. I'll never be ready. But I have to do this... And I have to do it now, before I get out of hand. I'd give you my power if I could, and then it'd be in safe hands... But there's no way to do that, is there? And... I'm sorry for thinking you didn;t mean it... I... I'm still not quite used to hearing nice things."

Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:23 am

"It's your power," she said simply, "If you are that scared of it then do not use it. Your mana is not overwhelming so it will not channel unless you force it to. Such as when you were trying to hide from me. Clarice took you to the door, you always have the option to walk away from it never knowing what lies on the other side."

She was still a bit annoyed by how reluctant this little girl was. I can't I can't I can't, it was stupid. Such thoughts will never help the woman evolve as a spellcaster. Kanoe flips through another page of her tome as she continues her studies. If Violett turns away, then there was no point in wasting more time on someone who cannot help them.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:38 am

"I don't really have much else to say that I ahven't already told you before Violett, it's your choice."

She adverts her eyes to watching Kanoe for a moment, regarding how she was taking this. Aggravation and annoyance seethed in her mind as she watches her lover scowling inside. She was frustrated that Violett wouldn't just accept what was to offer, she couldn't blame her either. She too was a bit annoyed, but she kept her comments to herself.

Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:55 pm

Violett shook her head, laughing a little, smiling sheepishly.

"No, no... That came out wrong," she said. "what I meant was, if I keep waiting to be ready, I'll never be ready. I won't know if I'm ready until I try. I've got no way to pass the power off to someone who knows how to use it better, and we were all there to see what happens when I try to use it without someone helping me... So as long as I don't have to do anything really gross, I think it's time for us to find out if I'm ready."

Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:43 pm

Kanoe did not really believe the girl. It sounded more like Violett was trying to please the two magic users rather than risk saying no. No matter, if this one wishes to try so be it. Nothing really gross? And being raped by monsters is not gross? What a troublesome girl.

"Shall we start Violett with just practicing to see and feel mana then?" Kanoe says softly, "It will cause no harm and should not be...gross as she put it."

She closes her book and turns to face the petite woman. This one better be worth the trouble.

Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:10 am

"Very well then. Do you understand what mana is, Violett?" she asks softly, wondering if the woman knew much and remembered their last talk together about magic.

She could only silently apologize to Kanoe for causing her so much trouble over this. She hoped Violett wasn't just doing this for the two of them. It would end up pretty badly if she doesn't really want to do this. Nothing really gross, indeed. Watch... a monster's going to come bursting through the door because she said that...

Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:36 pm

Violett smiled. So far, at least, she was on comfortable ground.

"Magical energy. If I remember correctly, everyone has at least a little. I thought it was like chi, but that wasn't entirely accurate. I'm not really sure how to measure it, or what various amounts of mana mean in terms of anything other than the amount of magical energy at one's disposal. Anywhere I could find that out? Or is trying to be scientific about magic stupid of me?"

She seemed more comfortable, now, more at ease. If Clarice could sense mana... Then it could probably be measured. This wasn't sudden, inezplicable, mysterious power. This was something that had rules to it, even if she'd never understand them all.

"I'm sorry... This is just new to me. There's a lot I don;t understand, and I'm thinking mana itself might be the most interesting part."

Kanoe had said she'd be able to see and feel it. Mana wasn't out of reach, some mysterious and unimaginable force.

Mana was something she could run her fingers through, wrap around herself like a blanket. Mana was more real than radiation or electricity.

Mana was Clarice's. It was Kanoe's.

And soon, it would be hers too. It had been hers all along, hadn't it? She'd just never seen it before.

She had mana. Everyone had mana.

Mana for everyone.

Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:43 am

"I suppose it is possible to measure mana but even with mana sight it is not something that is done easily," Kanoe says cooly, "Really, amounts of mana and mana use are simply measured by comparing. Such as if Clarice and I stood side by side and you fall into a sight trance, we would both show large amounts of colorful strands flowing in and out of our bodies. But, you may be able to notice that my body would have larger bundles of threads flowing in and out showing I have more mana. How much more is difficult to measure."

The question was a relatively good one. Kanoe did not doubt that science has made attempts to measure mana just like they measure any other sort of energy. But, she did not think of it like some of those silly japanese cartoons that put a simple number to someone and saying that is how strong they are. Magic was not that simple.

"Though having alot of mana can help it can also be a hinderance," she continues, "It is more important to be aware of your own limits and learn to use them as best that you can. I lack control when I channel mana so alot of excess mana is wasted while Claire has near perfect control of hers. It is like turning on every light in a house, you are using a great amount of energy but you only really need one light on in the room you are in. My apologies if this sounds complicated. Just worry about your own strength, it is not like you are competing with others."

Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:57 am

"Funny coming from you about competition, Kanoe," she interjects quickly and elbows the woman softly in her side before turning to Violett. Seems the two were at least getting comfortable to be in the same room with each other. It was a start... she could only hope it grow a bit more then this.

"You're not competing against others unless you want to. Struggling against another can very much give you the encouragment to grow stronger and faster, but it can also be hinderance. I say don't worry about that for awhile until you feel confident enough to take on someone magically."

She quirks a brow to Kanoe and steps aside so Kanoe could demonstrate mana sight. It wasn't that she couldn't herself, but she found herself too wrapped up in doing it then actually... explaining it. It was hard to explain exactly what to do when everyone had their own way of enteringthe sight to see mana. Maybe Kanoe had an easier way for Violett to grasp the concept.

Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4