View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 4:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 No Rest for the Frigid (Kakumaoh) 

Post No Rest for the Frigid (Kakumaoh)
Third day on campus, and Zoya was already skipping classes. Not that she had a choice really, as she was so sore for most of the day she could barely get out of bed. The fact that she had only been able to sleep due to exhaustion probably didn't help either. Finally, as night slowly blanketed the school in darkness, she felt steady enough to get out of bed, dropping to her knees and nervously searching under the bed for any...visitors. Taking a shaky breath, she pulled herself back to her feet, wincing at the ache in her legs and hips.

"What the fuck was that thing?" she wondered aloud, turning to the mirror over the desk and numbly picking up a fresh cotton swab, trying to fall into the comforts of the familiar as she cleaned her piercings. She focused her entire mind on the simple task, not wanting to think on the last two days anymore. When she was done cleaning, she felt a little bit more like herself, and walked to the window, pulling back one curtain and looking out into the inky night, one palm against the glass for a long moment, coating the surface with frost. In a moment of whimsy, she traced her finger through the ice, murmuring quietly to herself the words appearing, not knowing who she was asking for succor, just that she desperately needed something, anything to occupy her mind.

"Help me."

Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:21 pm

Location: Just behind that tree... or that wall... or maybe that door...
Post Re: No Rest for the Frigid (Kakumaoh)
The movement of the curtain had caught Kakumaoh's attention, and he'd quickly decided that the girl who appeared at the window would be a good source of future entertainment. Then she'd somehow caused frost to appear on the window.

This seems to require immediate investigation. If she can do more than that, she might be dangerous. As the girl wrote her message on the window, he mentally continued, ...or maybe not, since she seems a bit desperate about her situation. Still, best to find out now. It's not like I had any other targets in mind for tonight, anyway.

A short trip through the utility tunnels got him into the dorm building, and some careful maneuvering got him to her door without anyone noticing him. Now, how to get in? I doubt she'll have been so careless as to have left her door unlocked; I think she's had some experience with some of the other non-human residents of the island. An idea struck him. With a little luck, that'll make her a bit more likely to open the door if she thinks someone's in trouble outside. Carefully controlling his strength, he rapped on the door, making it sound like a panicked student was knocking to get in and escape something. If this didn't work, he could always force the door, but he preferred leaving it possible to close off escape routes.

PM me to set up a roleplay.

Character listing

Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:39 pm

Zoya stared at the words a long moment, then wiped them away angrily, tugging the curtains closed and turning away, hugging herself tightly. Even though she never got cold, she was bundled up tonight, long sleeved white shirt over plaid pajama pants down to her ankles, a fuzzy blue bathrobe tied around it all. She felt...safer...somehow, with all of her skin covered. Less exposed. She had just made it around the bed, and was about to sit and brush her hair before trying to get some sleep when she heard the banging on the door. She stood frozen a moment, then banging continuing, then slowly made her way to the door, hair brush gripped in a white knuckled hand.

"Who is it? What do you want?", she put a hand on the knob, not likely the erratic, panicked sound to the knocking, her hand with the hairbrush clicking the lock open but keeping the door firmly shut for the moment, just in case.

Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:53 pm

So much for subterfuge. I doubt I could manage to sound like a student if I answered. He had managed to catch the sound of the lock being opened, however, and quickly turned the knob and pushed the door open, knocking the girl back as he did so.

"My name is... well, call me Kakumaoh; you couldn't pronounce my actual name," he said as he forced his way into the room, his bulk blocking the doorway. "What I want? Well..." A lupine grin crossed his face. "I think you can guess. Unless I was mistaken and you haven't met any of the other non-human residents before."

Character listing

Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:19 pm

"What the fuck?!" Zoya exclaimed as the door flew open, knocking her flailing into the room, almost sending her tumbling to her rump before she caught herself on the wall. She looked up in shock at the figure filling the doorway, eyes widening in terror. She took a step back as the creature spoke, wincing at the feral smile it favored her with, raising the brush to throw at the thing.

"How polite, all you sick freaks introduce yourselves first. Kakumaoh? Nice to meet you...now get the fuck out of my room. I don't care what you...want," she put on a brave face, straightening her spine and concentrating on her inner cold, frost slowly creeping down her arms as she tried to keep the focus Kanoe had taught her. She might have actually seemed unafraid, save for the hitch in her voice at the end, as she remembered exactly what this thing would likely do to her. She shook her head slightly, still keeping her defiant gazed locked on the beast. She wouldn't go down so easy this time.

Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:37 am

Despite her obvious fear, the girl was prepared to try and fight him. Quite convenient, that. I can see if she's a potential threat without much effort. It shouldn't take much to goad her into attacking.

He stepped towards her. "I don't intend to leave until I've got what I came for. And I don't think you can do much about it..." He nodded at the hairbrush she was holding. "Not with that."

Character listing

Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:18 pm

Zoya blinked and looked briefly at the hairbrush, then bared her teeth in a snarl, throwing it at the creature's head as hard as she could, taking a few steps back afterward, until her legs hit her bed. She stopped and took a deep breath, desperately trying to call up more of her chill, the frost only gradually responding, creeping up her arms until her hands where covered in a thin sheen of ice, steaming faintly even in the already cold confines of her room.

"Get out of my room freak, unless you want to see how many pieces you make frozen and shattered on the floor," she sneered at the beast, hiding her uncertainty, not even sure if she could manage to give the thing frostbite...but it didn't need to know that.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:23 pm

Kakumaoh brought up a hand to deflect the hairbrush. His timing was off slightly off, though, and the brush hit his wrist. As his reaction made clear, however, it didn't injure him or even sting slightly.

Based on how she'd retreated, he doubted that she'd be able to back up her threat with action. Not unless she can freeze things from across the room. And if she could do that, I doubt she'd throw things first. Well, time to test her power. With a cry, he rushed at the girl, aiming to tackle her onto the bed.

Character listing

Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:39 pm

"Shit!" Zoya exclaimed as the wolf headed thing charged at her. Panicking she dropped to the ground, slapping her palms on the carpet and pouring everything she had into her chill, desperately willing it outward. She yelped in sudden pain, a flare of agony erupting in her head as the power dampers kicked in, turning what would have been a completely frozen floor into merely a large patch of thin ice. A thin stream of steaming blood running from one nostril, she looked up sluggishly, hoping the thing would at least slip and tumble over her.

"Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck..." she repeatedly cursed, curling into a ball and trying to catch the things ankles if it did skid.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:22 pm

While the ice was in his path, it was thin enough that it shattered under his weight without slowing him or endangering his balance. He did, however, have to slow down to grab her, since her position had put her under his intended tackle. He managed to get hold of the back of her bathrobe as he came to a stop.

Listening to her swearing, he couldn't resist a response. "That is the short version of my intent."

Character listing

Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]