View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Flesh Into Gear (Emilla) 

Post Flesh Into Gear (Emilla)
It was never an issue. She’d received a sufficient amount of funds after a patent design for a ridiculous toy exploded in popularity in Japan. She had free reign to pull from her account and use the money for whatever she desired. Not that she needed it, her father had taken care of his little girl. If she ever found that she was short, though the possibility was slim, she was more than sure her father would jump at the chance to assist her. She had a luxury that most people did not. Shai…had…money.

However, it was difficult to begin to keep some of her extra curricular research a secret. She knew the staff and those associated with Shokushu had a full on access to her paper trail. How much she spent and more importantly, what she spent it on. As of late she had been going way over the normal limit of what she spent, looking to purchase some rare metals but more importantly, diamonds and sapphires. Shai had never liked the shiny things but their use became apparent after a small bit of research had produced a rather shocking result.

Shai needed to be discrete, but also she needed reliability. She knew there were ways to get a hold of some pretty rare things on the island, primarily all of the contraband that was removed from the students before they arrived. All one had to know was where to look, and who to know. During one of her favorite hobbies; observation of the students she soon found out that the inner circle was much bigger than she could have ever imagined; a black-market so to speak. So now all Shai needed was the name of a go-to girl to get it from. That name was Emilla.

She had written a letter, a short one that emphasized how the two may be able to help one another. Shai needed a steady cash flow, bills that were in no way associated with her. She also stated that she would need an influx of rare items on the island. But what did Shai have to offer Emilla?

“To Whom It May Concern,

Word around campus is that you’re the person I need to talk to. I have a product that I feel you will be very interested in. A small pill that stimulates the nervous system and makes the sensation to touch highly sensitive. It is not a drug and has no negative long or short-term effects on the body. I would like to meet with you to discuss this further. If you’re interested, meet me on the roof of the cafeteria, 8:30pm tomorrow.”

Shai had slid the letter beneath the woman’s door the previous day, and as the sun sank behind the mountains of the island she was hoping the woman would show. She waited, concealed behind a large vent on the rooftop, growing more impatient as the time refused to move faster to suit her eagerness. She brushed away the sleeve of her sweater, revealing a modern looking watch.

“8:34.” She mumbled, realizing the woman was late if she was to show at all. She cast an eager look behind the pillar towards the rooftop’s only ladder, keen bright gray eyes scanning the scene before she disappeared behind it again. She stuck her hands in her pockets, thumbing the small vials containing her nano-enhancers. She swallowed hard, desperately hoping that Emilla would show.

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:46 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Flesh Into Gear (Emilla)
Emilla normally never agrees to meet on a new contacts terms, it's a good way to get caught with contraband that the faculty would...punish her for having. This one might be legit though and she just can't quite seem to put her finger on it. So she finds herself climbing to the roof of the cafeteria at 8:30 at night, dressed in military fatigues this time. A good standard issue jacket and pants with a white tanktop underneath. No reason to get too dressy now.

She tops the roof about 8:34 or so, jingling a little thanks to the things she has stuffed in her pockets. Bottles and odds and ends, things people tended to barter for. That's the reason she'd picked the outfit she has on anyways, lots of pockets. "Hello?" she calls out softly, a hand moving to brush pink and blonde hair back out of her face. "Hellooo...anyone up here? I know I'm a bit late..I had to sneak past a few people. Hello?"

ADD Agent Vidalia. How in the world does she walk in those boots?

Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:28 am

Shai heard the girl even before she crested the ladder. While the sounds were subtle she still had to wonder how the girl was able to sneak in anywhere. Shai caught a quick glimpse of the young woman just as her head poked over the roof’s horizon. She quickly stowed back behind her vent and waited for her to fully climb onto the roof. She wanted the whole mysterious effect, clichéd as it was.

As the woman called out to Shai, the snowy-haired student let out a breath she hadn’t even realized that she’d been holding. During the woman’s shouts Shai smoothed out the dark jeans she’d been wearing and pulled down the solid black sweater, pulling her pure white tresses over her shoulder, sending a cascading wave down the length of her hair, the ends swishing at her ankles. She inhaled deeply and stepped into view, casually approaching the woman.

She was beautiful, that much was to be certain. She had an sun-kissed skin tone, a mocha hue with shocking blond locks that cascaded around her shoulders in light curls. With bright eyes staring towards her.

“Thank you for coming,” Shai began as she drew closer to the student. “I’m sorry I wasn’t more specific in the letter I wrote to you, I wasn’t sure if you had a roommate or frequent visitors. I didn’t want to jot down anything too incriminating.” She said with a polite smile, extending her hand towards the girl.

“My name is Shai, Shai Tanaka.”

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:40 am
Profile YIM

Emilla whirls around to face the woman, smiling at her a little bit. "This had better be good." she says. "I don't usually make trips like this." She reaches to take her hand, squeezing it gently and giving it a shake. "I do appreciate the thought you put into it though, every little bit helps when you're in my business. My name is Emilla, though I'm rather certain you already knew that, since you're the one that found me."

She takes a moment to look the girl over, smiling a little at her. "Nice look too...but I take it you usually don't wander around in my sort of business either." she says, slowly pulling herself closer. "So here we are, on a rooftop with a great sky up above, care to tell me just what business it is that has us here?"

Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:21 am

Shai nodded, careful to make direct eye contact with the woman, narrowing her steel gray eyes on Emilla’s. She returned the woman’s gentle shake and brought the same hand up to smooth her hair after the caress was over with.

“I have to thank you for making this exception. I, like you, prefer to be as discrete as possible.” Shai started, glancing up towards the thick azure blanket alight with thousands of glittering stars only after Emilla mentioned it.

Her other hand was already nestled deep inside of her pocket, slender fingers wrapped around the tube, thumbing the slender pill container with care. She cast a careful glance over her shoulder before speaking again. She slowly withdrew the pill container, containing at least a dozen of the gray spheres inside.

“The product I was telling you about. As I stated in the letter it is not a drug. Through personal use and from other various test subjects, I’ve found you get the same physical affects of ecstasy without the repercussions.” Shai quickly saw the woman was a bit apprehensive, eying the container with more than disbelief.

“I’m majoring in Nanotech,” Shai explained, breathing an audible sigh. “Tiny machines that are programmed to stimulate sensory receptors in the central nervous system. It feels wonderful, and your mind isn’t clouded so one won’t lose their inhibitions when taking it. The body dispels them on their own- the antibodies begin to attack them once the body recognizes them as foreign, so the effects aren’t long lasting, an hour or two at most. They’re a safe alternative and I feel they can make you and I quite a profit.”

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:09 am
Profile YIM

Emilla does glance down at that tube in disbelief, a frown marring her features. How in the world would she move something like that. "I..I'm not a drug peddler or anything." she says, jamming her hands deep into her pockets. "It might be good for trade and it might make you a lot of money off campus...but in my trade money doesn't mean all that much." she says.

The blonde haired student glances around the rooftop quickly, a habit really, checking to see that there are no prying eyes. "So you stick tiny robots in these pills and then those make you feel good." she says. "I have to ask...how do you build them around here? I didn't think that most people would be given access to the sorts of resources necessary to build anything like that."

She frowns down at the tube once again, running the possibilities through her head. "So you're offering these to me...but what is it that you're wanting in exchange?"

Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:40 am

Shai nodded understanding the woman’s reluctance. In all actuality, her technology was not illegal. However, all Shai wanted was a simple barter. As the blonde woman cast a curious glance around the rooftop, the snow-haired student couldn’t help but do the same, several stray wisps of her shocking locks billowing softly in the light breeze.

“Just because this is an island doesn’t mean it is severed from the realities of the world. When you have pull, you get pull,” Shai explained. “I’m sure you know that more than most.”

“I have the technology to mass produce these, and it’s a safe alternative to what some of the lousy inexperienced chemists are brewing up all over the island. Let’s face it, this island is a cornered market.” To emphasize her point she rose her arms and turned towards the dorms.

Shai dug her teeth into her lower lip; her gaze shifting to the side once the subject was directed towards her intentions.

“I need gems if you can get them, diamonds and sapphires more specifically.” She admitted. “My latest research requires them.”

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:25 am
Profile YIM

Emilla casts another glance around the rooftop, frowning a little bit more. "It's not...I mean..." she takes a deep breath and looks down at the rooftop beneath her feet. "Alright, I'll see about it...I'll just take your word on it, ok? But I really don't think I'm going to move much of these." She goes quiet for a moment, listening to the requested items.

"You want what!?" she exclaims. "Gems? Are you kidding me? I mean, alchohol I can do, other contraband, no problem... Gems though, that's a tough one." she says, sighing softly. "I'll think about it...I suppose the staff..maybe.."

She takes a deep breath and nods her head at that, her body shifting a little. "Alright, I'll do it. I'll get you some diamonds..real ones." she says. "But I'm not going to risk it all on some untested pills that you made. Can't you do me anything better? Seal the deal a little?"

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:07 am

Shai was not ignorant of the habits that most of the girls on campus partook in. On her floor of the dorm building alone she knew of at least fifteen girls that were constantly looking for aphrodisiacs. After all, it was part of the college experience for most. Shai was sure, that with some confident advertising, the girl would find immense profit from the mechanical constructs.

She cringed at the woman’s outburst, knowing that her request for the precious gemstones would be difficult to manage. She had seen several girls with a taste for jewelry, and was hoping that by some miracle the woman would be able to get her hands on some of the student supplied gems.

Shai maintained her resolve, refusing to budge on her offer, as the woman seemed to mull over the idea. After several seconds the student was glad she’d done so, Emilla finally deciding that she would be able to get a hand on some of the precious stones.

Shai chuckled slightly at the assumption.

“I assure you, they’ve been tested…quite extensively.” She said offering a sly smile, yet still understanding the need to show some faith. “I have no qualms allowing you to see some of the things I can get from the faculty. Most, admittedly are chemicals and metals due to my Major, still I can gain access to labs that many students cannot…or if there was something else you were looking for in particular?”

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:47 am
Profile YIM

Emilla looks down at the little pills, her head shaking a bit. "I'm sure they've been tested, that's not what I'm reserved about." she says. "I'll make do with it though. Your jewelry shouldn't be too bad, I really think I can handle that. I even have a little stashed away most likely."

She sighs softly and runs her fingers in her hair, turning to look over the edge of the roof. "You'll have to let me think...it might have to be something that I come back to you for." she says. "I tend to not stock up on things and I suppose you can understand why. It's tough business, might get searched at any time."

She smiles a little and glances over her shoulder. "I could use some yeast and copper tubing." she says as her lips curl back into a grin. "And some grain of some sort. You know, corn. I think you know where I'm going from here, don't you?"

Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:43 am

Shai breathed a sigh of relief as the woman resigned to aide her in her search for the gems. She straightened her posture listening as the woman began to make her requests. Shai was not too comfortable with the fact of potentially being called on for future endeavors, however in order to gain one must give. As the woman began to list the items she would need, Shai quickly understood the woman’s intent. She nodded almost instantaneously.

“I know a few people in agricultural studies,” She said, her clear gray eyes wandering the rooftops, lingering at the light that illuminated the courtyard not so far away from the pair. “The yeast and copper shouldn’t be a problem either.”

Shai began going through a list of people she would need to get in contact with, doing some steady calculations of time in her mind. After several moments of silence Shai offered, “I can get what you require in two days, though that’s assuming you would like a substantial amount. I’d have to get it to you gradually, it may rouse some suspicion as to why a Nanotech major is carting off corn you know.” She added with a subtle wink.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:04 am
Profile YIM

Emilla smiles a little bit. "There's other items I need and you can take your time, I still need a good location for it..probably out in the forest as much as I dread it." she says. "But that should provide a steady source of income for me provided we get it going. After that, I'll need small bottles and some larger containers as well."

She turns from the edge and steps towards the other woman, her lips curled in a soft smile as she leans in closer to her. "I can do all the work, I just have trouble getting some of the materials. Every other one I've built has been found so this one will be tucked away really, really well." she says

One hand reaches up to brush a strand of Shai's silver hair back, Emilla leaning in to kiss her cheek. "I thank you for contacting me. You've provided me with a rather unique opportunity."

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:10 am

Shai was beginning to wonder what she’d gotten herself into as the woman before her began to unravel her future plans for the brewing process. Shai knew full well the resources that were required in order to be successful in such an endeavor, and she knew that if the woman was going to depend on her for most of the materials, she was going to have to obtain a lot of things. Her mind whirled, her breath getting unnoticeably quicker as her gaze shifted nervously around the two. She had hardly noticed as the woman drew closer to her.

Soft lips against her tender skin snapped Shai’s attention downward, watching as the woman withdrew from her. Shai returned the smile spread on Emilla’s face, with a smirk of her own. Shai wasn’t naïve, she could tell when someone was attracted to her. The woman brushed away a stray tendril of her snowy locks, curling it delicately behind her ear.

New intentions burrowing themselves deep within Shai’s mind caused a different vigilance as Shai’s eyes wandered the area around the two.

“The feeling is mutual. I feel we can build a synergistic relationship with one another.” She said softly. She seemed to see Emilla in a whole new light. Shai took a moment to admire the vivacious curves that adorned a well taken care of body, the soft caramel hue to her creamy skin, and the way her golden locks fell in light curls over her shoulders.

“Since business has been more or less taken care of, we should probably vacate the roof,” She observed, noticing a few of the students just departing from either detention or a late class as they passed beneath the court yard light.

“Wouldn’t want to give a teacher grounds for sending us to detention now would we?” She said with a subtle smile, nodding her head towards the ladder.

“Though I don’t see any reason as to why our meeting should end here.”

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:29 am
Profile YIM

Emilla smiles a little more at the other woman. "Don't you worry." she says. "I'm not going to use just you so there's no need of you feeling like you're going to have to do a ton of work for me." she says, already turning to follow the woman towards the ladder. "I suppose we ought to get down from here...I'd rather not be seen like this anyways." she says. "And just where did you have in mind for going to?" she asks.

The blonde haired student climbs down the ladder quickly, waiting to see where Shai wanted to take her. "And what else do you want to talk about?" she asks. "Anything in particular?"

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:35 am

Shai hurried down the ladder after Emilla, slender legs pumping furiously as she speedily descended. She landed with a soft thud beside the woman, running her fingertips through the hair at the crown of her head as she peered back towards the dorms. Shai hadn’t had anything particular in mind, aside from the prospects of hooking up with Emilla. While the woman may have been flirting openly, Shai knew not to expect anything from the spunky tradeswoman.

“Nothing in particular, but it’d be a shame to let such a nice night go to waste. I’m not much of a day person.” She said, wandering down the narrow alleyway and popping out onto one of the main walkways that traversed the island. She spun on her heels hanging a sharp left directed towards one of the Dorm buildings.

“I’m that way,” She said, nodding her head towards the direction. “You’re more than welcome to come up if you’d like, have some tea or something.”

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:49 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next