View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 10:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Witching Hour (for Clarice) 

Post The Witching Hour (for Clarice)
Alucard stalked through the woods, its yellow eyes glowing dimly. Each eye was round as a coin, and bigger around than a dinner plate. Little else of the alien was visible, its camouflage helping the massive monster blend into the night. Stepping into a field, Alucard almost didn't notice the fairy ring in the center. However, the little mushrooms caught the alien's eye. Alucard grinned and looked up at the sky.

One minute to midnight, the alien suddenly thought, and it's a full moon, too. A massive grin split the monster's face, and from it issued a low chuckle. Alucard dimmed its eyes and stepped into the shadows, watching the circle of mushrooms as the seconds to the witching hour counted down...

Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:24 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: The Witching Hour (for Clarice)
Witching Hour was more preferred as 'Private Time' for Clarice. She had been stepping out in the middle of the night to practice her abilities in seclusion. Most monsters were actually getting themselves close to the dorm at this hour to see any lonely stragglers were alone in the halls. She had enough sense to be in a spot a monster would think a student wouldn't dare tred. And it's been working for her for the passed couple of days.

A minute ahead of time for Alucard, she steps out in the opening, eyes immediately drawn to the mushrooms and the small circle of 'fairy rings' as it was called blessed her with moderate vision in the clearing. It was perfect to practice as monsters tend to wave it off as the mushroom dust being blown about in the wind. A full moon provided extra cover from complete darkness, but it didn't give her exceptional vision at all. The bushes and trees hid natural and unnatural things behind them, far from her sense of sight or any sixth sense. She was in a state of a false sense of security for the time being. She had to be in order to focus properly.

Stepping in the middle of the ring the fungus provided, she inhales and exhales deeply before beginning her fire and dark magic practices. Kanoe had shown her a few times how to manipulate dark magic, but she was an amateur in her mindset. She wanted- she needed to get better at it.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:59 pm

Alucard's eyes widened as it watched the student step into the circle. The alien probably did not need its camouflage under the cover of darkness, but it utilized it anyway, just to be sure. One had to be careful with these magic-types, as they could be somewhat tricky...

Alucard took the time to look over the student, appraising her body as though she were a prized piece of food. She certainly looked fairly tasty, and sometimes a girl's magical knack added a bit of spice to their flavor, something Alucard always appreciated.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:20 pm
Profile YIM

Not really knowing she had audience about her, she continues to practice her art of manipulating the elements she knew quite well for now before she would move on to more difficult spells. The words flowed from her mouth as she utilizes her dark magic with a fairly controlled flow of mana to nourish this magic she had just come across thanks to her love.

She began manipulating it as the orb formed in the palm of her hand, as if dancing with the glowing ball of darkness as it suddenly whipped into bolts around her body. Manipulating this element was very difficult, very obvious by the strain of her breathing and the narrowness of her eyes as she concentrates. It had been a while since she had anything blow up in her face. She would prefer to keep such a streak into the long hours while her strength was at its peak. She was completely unaware of a large monster watching her with such interest. If only dark magic didn't drag her senses away from her surroundings as it usually did... maybe she could be a little bit more alert.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:27 pm

The alien approached nearer, smirking to itself as she appeared to botch the spell. The monster opened its mouth, speaking in a plethora of voices, all blended together and used simultaneously.

"That was a nice try, deary. You are clearly skilled, if not necessarily practiced."

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:56 pm
Profile YIM

As it was depicted by her false sense of security, it shatters beneath her in multiple voices that seemed to be coming all around her. The woman sighs, without knowing which direction the creature was in running would likely lead her to being in front of the monster as fate would have it.

"I'm very busy right now. Can we not do this at the moment since it's in the middle of night?"

Making civilized conversation with a monster was something she never attempted before. Most of the time with monsters, she was either begging or insulting without much thought. She really wasn't in the mood, not that she ever is, since it was way into the hour of midnight. She doubts the thing could have sympathy for a girl trying to just practice her art of magic, but it couldn’t hurt to try.

"I'm flattered you think I'm so skilled with this difficult art, but I can do much better when I'm not aroused into a state of oblivion."

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:05 pm

"I appreciate your willingness to speak in a civil manner," says Alucard, smiling. The alien allowed its camouflage to fade, revealing its bumpy grey flesh and huge glowing yellow eyes. The vast monster was standing only a few feet from the young witch.

"It seems that students like you are rare," Alucard continues. The alien's mouth never moved from its original position as it spoke, hanging slightly agape in a malevolent grin.

"Most of the girls around here automatically try to run or scream, or something along those lines. Not that I mind."

Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:20 am
Profile YIM

Clarice didn't normally let many monsters 'scare' her in the sense, but this creature was huge. Actually, it was probably the biggest one she had ever seen on the island. She couldn't help but have her eyes widen at the sight before her before she tries to keep herself calm.

"The fact that you could probably catch up to me would only end up in me being too tired to fight you. And if you mean my manners then well... thanks I guess. Not really sure how to speak nicely to something that's more then likely going to rape me..."

She couldn’t help but back away some to keep a good distance between herself and the enormous monster. He looked like one that would honestly eat a student rather than ravage her until she passes out. Maybe that’s why she was being extremely skittish to him. Not she wouldn’t be ready to run for all monsters, but being eaten wasn’t a very pleasant thought to calm her nerves.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:27 pm

Alucard chuckles. "True enough, deary," admits the alien. Its eyes glow a little brighter in the moonlight.

"As busy as you may be, though," Alucard says, "you're delaying me from my midnight snack." The alien points into its mouth. "So, why don't we get this over with?"

Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:41 pm
Profile YIM

She steps back a few more times at the mere sight of its giant mouth. He was really going to eat her?! She really hadn't expected her paranoia to have facts behind them. Her worst fears were realized as he points to it. She never imagined there were monsters that actually wanted to eat their victims. Being at this school for so long... it was just unheard of for that to happen.

"I... did want to get this over with. But now that i think I may not live to see another day... I'm afraid I'll have to do everything in my power to stop you from eating me. I'm sure you understand."

Her tone was defining to insult as she takes a stance to strike at the thing if he came close. She didn't want to get raped; she would die fighting if he was actually meaning to put her in his stomach. Hell would freeze over before she would willingly die for some monster's snack.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:56 am

Alucard smirks. "You might be capable of stopping me," Alucard says, "but I doubt it." The alien licks its lips as it eyes the student, but does not advance.

"Nonetheless, perhaps it might be easier if I found another girl to devour. I heard about another spellcaster who sounds fairly delicious - her name is Kanoe. Perhaps you've heard of her?"

Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:20 am
Profile YIM

"You dare come near her I'll fucking kill you."

At that moment she couldn't be more serious. Defending herself with a calm state of mind may be hard with no adrenaline, but if this monster even thought of going after Kanoe she would lose her sanity on the creature.

She knew it wouldn't matter in the least if the thing tries to make a deal with her of not coming after the woman if she sacrifices herself. She did that once and the monster went back on its word. There were no deals, no negotiations. She would do all she could to cause pain to him if he attempted such an act.

"Last one who did that ended up yelling and screaming in pain. I mean it, don't you fucking test my patience when it comes to her, bastard."

Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:27 am

Alucard chuckled. "I suppose I'll have to eat you first, then." The monster moved closer, licking its lips. The alien's massive hand moved forward, eager to grasp at her soft body.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:42 am
Profile YIM

As much as she hated to become prey, that didn't seem like an option as she swiftly turns around and tries her best to avoid the oncoming monster. Being eaten.... who would've thought it would end this way?

She makes a dash to the forest, hoping that the trees would slow the monster down. She just had to get away from this thing if she could. She probably wouldn't be the only one unhappy about her being devoured.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:28 pm

Alucard chuckles as its meal attempts to escape. The alien's mouth opens wider, and an inch-thick tendril shoots from the back of Alucard's maw. The slimy "cord" slithers through the air until it encounters her left ankle, twining expertly around it before hauling her up and into the air, suspended a couple of feet off the ground.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:34 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next