View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Lancers (Kanu) 

Post Lancers (Kanu)
I was out in the lounge, and was busy carving out and re-balancing my training spear, a large roll of cloth tape by my side. I was humming to myself as I worked, clad in a black T-shirt and dark blue, nearly black, blue jeans. I heard my watch beep at me, and after checking it, I thought about stopping for a moment to get a drink.

Gathering my stuff, I stood and headed in to get myself a bottle of fruit punch.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:24 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Lancers (Kanu)
Kanu was wearing a white tank top, with glimpses of a lacy red bra peeking out, and a pair of tight blue jeans which hugged her firm legs as she walked into the student lounge heading towards the couch. Spotting a girl getting a drink, carrying what seemed to be a makeshift spear, she shifted direction heading towards her.

"Hi, my name is Kanu. So did you make that spear?" she asked, standing behind her while she got a drink.

Kanu's Profile
Kanu's Adventures

I'm always looking for more RPs, so feel free to PM me anytime.

Last edited by Kanu on Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:57 am

"Yeah. I made it." I said, turning so that she didn't see my scarred left cheek. "Geez. 21 years and I'm still hiding this damn scar around new people..." I thought to myself, picking up my drink. "Since weapons arn't allowed, it's all I can do to keep up my skills...." Looking at her, I said "I'm Madison, head of student security. I just got the position." I said, hoping to stave off at least some of the inevitable questions.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:04 am
Profile WWW

"Cool. I'm good with a spear but I would have no idea how to make a decent one." Kanu said sadly. "But we all have to make due somehow with the weapons ban and all." she thought out loud, missing the last part for a second. "Wait.... Head of student security? That's so cool." she said, smiling at Madison.

"Think you could teach me how to make one?" she asked, seeming to not be intimidated by Madison's position.

Kanu's Profile
Kanu's Adventures

Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:47 pm

"Well, this one I made with duct tape, a cardboard tube, some PVC pipe, and some stones....and the blade is foamboard. It's not that hard to do." I said with a shrug.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:29 pm
Profile WWW

"That sounds easy enough. Hardest part for me would probably finding all the matierials." Kanu said thoughtfully. "Once I get one made, we should have a sparring match since it is alot more fun to practice with a partner." she said, a questioning expression on her face, curious if Madison would accept her offer.

Kanu's Profile
Kanu's Adventures

Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:40 pm

I smirked and said "Are you sure? I'm quite skilled with it..." I said. "But yeah, it will require a bit of dumpster diving." I said with a nod, taking a long drink. "So what style do you use? Bladewise I mean."

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:21 am
Profile WWW

As Madison smirked she said "Yeah, I'm sure since the better you are the more fun it will be for me." Thinking about where she could find the matierials Kanu said "My old spear had a short, triangle shaped blade but I am proficient with all types of spear."

Kanu's Profile
Kanu's Adventures

Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:13 pm

I nodded and said "I prefer the Guan Dao style blade myself, though one thing I have been working on is making a curved blade at one end for slashing strikes, with a short stabbing point on the butt end." I shrugged and added "Though the biggest issue is balance."

Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:14 pm
Profile WWW

"Hmm, maybe you could make the shorter blade with a heavier matierial to balance the weight of the longer, yet lighter blade." Kanu said, thinking of a possible solution yet unsure if it would work since she had never tried making a spear before.

Kanu's Profile
Kanu's Adventures

Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:25 pm

I shook my head. "The main blade's not as light as you think. And when using it normally, it's all right. It's when reversed that the issue of balance comes in. It's a challenge for accuracy for thrusting attacks." I said, as I started to walk around some.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:36 pm
Profile WWW

Walking with Madison, she said "Balance really is the problem with the limited amount of matierials we have here." Biting her lip, her mind racing, she tried thinking of more ideas to help Madison most of them requiring matierials not easily obtained on the island.

Kanu's Profile
Kanu's Adventures

Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:49 pm

"Well, I got a few ideas." I said with a shrug, as I stop to think a bit. "Well, best time to get some of it is around the holidays..."

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:15 pm
Profile WWW

"Really? Like what?" Kanu asked, her curiousity peaked. As Madison mentioned the holidays, she said "That's probably true, even a strict school like this would get us some more interesting stuff then we get normally."

Her contempt for the rules obvious on her face as she stood next to Madison, thinking of all the crazy rules that were set upon the students.

Kanu's Profile
Kanu's Adventures

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:24 pm

"Yeah...they give us little gifts...and even snow. Haven't figured that part out yet though." I said glancing at her. "And I can tell you don't think much of the rules....but they're there for a reason."

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next