View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 2:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Warrior and Thief (Karen) 

Post Re: Warrior and Thief (Karen)
She leans against the door jamb of the closet, arms crossed under her chest. She reaches down to smooth out her skirt while Karen talks, occassionally flitting up to make sure the girl's not making a lunge or anything. Eyes lift to meet Karen's nose, and she can't manage to hide the grin. "Snap. I got you good, huh?" It's almost an apology, but not enough, and she turns on it a second later anyhow. "Guess you won't go around judo throwing me next time."

She rolls her eyes, defensive still. She's not angry. She doesn't seem to get angry. But she's defensive. "I'm not even the one who started it.... and I think I may be older than you anyway." she mutters. "Think you can be a little less vague with your omens? I'd pretty much figured that part out already."

Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:07 am

Karen grimaced at Anna's comment. As knees go, it kinda sucked. She gave her a serious look... but she was very slightly barely-smiling a bit. A bit of a joke, perhaps.

The smile faded away as Anna stayed defensive, muttering about what Karen said. She looked uncomfortable, tucking her hair back behind her ears, and spoke up quietly. ...I was attacked. A couple of times. And they... Her face twisted up in pain, and she trailed off. She did not want to say more... and she didn't, either.

On that, anyway. ...That's about all I know. She whispered... her voice actually dropping lower as she added more, her eyes going hard as she looked back up at her new roommate. Except I think the people that run the school... are behind it. At least some of the staff, even.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:22 am

Fingers drum on the outside of her thigh as Karen talks, backed to the wall. She reaches above the doorframe, sweeping it with her fingers in search of a squirreled away cigarette. Nothing there. Resorting to drug habits already. Instead, she reaches for a piece of Nicorette. better anyway. Her mouth feels like the Gobi.

"That's just my luck..." she murmurs. It makes sense, really. The way that judge had leered at her giving sentence. He's probably on the video subscription plan. Why not? There's got to be a hustle somewhere in the picture. In her strange world it makes perfect sense. Depravity never surprises her, so that makes it a little easier for her to put on her smile, razor sharp. No drama. Gears turn. "Figures. So what're we gonna do about it?"

Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:44 am

She blinks, and slowly looks over at Anna. That kind of... impressed her, just a little. Karen smiled faintly, then sighed and sat up. There was an audible smack as she lightly slapped her own cheeks, blinking a few times.

Sorry. I just... yeah. Chewing on her lower lip, she looked over at her new roommate. I was thinking of starting a karate club. As she spoke, her leg bent, bringing her knee up for her hands to rest upon.

I know it isn't very original... but it might give me a way to see who around... well... She heaved a little sigh. ...might want help. From there... maybe a few people can handle what one person can't. It might let us hold out... The look she sent Anna was somewhat worried, like she expected getting laughed at.

...Have you had any thoughts? Her voice dropped to a soft whisper now, and she edged closer to Anna.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:55 am

"Uh-huh. Yeah." She nods along as Karen talks, arms crossed under her chest, knuckles tapping the wall. She takes a medicated pause before answering.

"We need to find out who's complicit, who's responsible, and who profits. We need to get access to the administration, the faculty, find girls who can get us... I don't know. Tools. Weapons." She pauses, head tilted, thinking. "We need maps. And we need to find other chicks who know more than us."

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:26 am

Karen pauses... actually pursing her lips. From the way Anna spoke... she actually seemed to think she might be able to do it. Karen smiled a little more... then her expression got serious. She spoke in a whisper, half-worried that someone might be listening... somehow. Weapons... they confiscate anything like that. Though maybe we can improvise...

Her expression changed, becoming very uneasy. But... we have to be careful. I mean... we should not do anything to get ourselves... in serious trouble until we know more. Karen was mulling over thoughts in her head now, curling and uncurling her toes as she shifted to a more cross-legged position on the bed.

Maps... maybe we can make a few... of the areas we can get to. That might... well, help us start. As for others... A smile, then it vanished just as quick. I wonder if the club would really attract anyone. People might be afraid. I guess its a good enough cover to start, though.

But. I would guess that the students that...
God, she hated to consider it, almost. ...get into trouble might know more than the rest. She smiled again, though it looked embarrassed. She barely noticed the epic flick was reaching its end.

Maybe we can find a few people who are... well, really connected somehow. They might know a lot more than us... and we need to start with that, and them.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3