View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 2:35 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 The Spark~ (For Diana Varnia) 

Post Re: The Spark~ (For Diana Varnia)
It wasn't that she didn't appreciate Diana's flattery towards her appearance, but after seeing her emotions flare as such made Claire a little bit off balance. When she sees the woman staring at her reflection it even added more of that hinting blush that seemed to be attempting in showing itself.

"A-alright, umm, why not start doing you’re manipulating again? From there I can actually teach you something while you're doing it so you can pick up on it faster. Is that okay for you?" she asks very considerately, trying to direct both of their minds from outer appearances to more supernatural looks. It was much better than her thinking that this may end up in a very awkward manner then what it was already turning out to be.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Diana nodded her head, oblivious to Clarice's discomfort. If she had any idea, she would of stopped. She was not a compulsive stalker. Diana's eyes closed shut and she concentrated, once again, to the extent that her eye lids were tightly shut. She spoke the words softly and calmly, and once again a ball of water began to slowly elongate from the puddle and form in mid air. It shimmered and wavered, slowly growing until it was about 5" in diameter. Then it stopped and Diana opened her eyes. She could see it, but was still concentrating on the little floating object.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:50 am

"Alright, ease up on your concentration. You don't have to control the very fabric of water in order to manipulate it. Slowly relax yourself starting with her hands and work your way down. If you feel yourself wavering or any discomfort, stop and tell me."

It was quite funny she was teaching the woman such manipulations so fast. The woman was quite gifted if she practiced more often; she was actually going at the same pace she first was when she started. That was a lot to be impressed for, but such things to say may get Diana to be cocky and lose focus. Probably would be best to keep her thoughts to herself.

"Alright, follow my example."

Slowly she spoke soft spidery words similar to her little student's. Following up on drawing just the same size ball of water with one hand, she directs Diana to follow her movements fluidly.

"Water needs fluid movements so think logically for a second. Fire, metal, darkness, light, and such need different motions to keep them under control. Try making yourself act like water so you can better understand how to manipulate it..."

Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:01 am

Diana bobbed her head once, still concentrating on the water. She slowly let her concentration fall, and she could see the water ball's surface start to quiver. Thinking quickly, she remembered the scientific principle for fluids. They always fit into the shape of their container. Maybe if she made a type of container with her mana, the water wouldn't drop? Moving swiftly, she moved her hands forwards and started to shape a sort of globe around the water in the air, using her hands as a guideline for her mana. In her mind she could see the mystical wind swirling around the ball of water, keeping it aloft effortlessly. Diana held her hand there but visibly calmed.

A warm smile blossomed on the blond's sensitive features. The ball of water was remaining perceptively aloft. But it seemed that Diana was no where near adept enough to be able to keep the water aloft. She looked over at Clarice only to have the water easily collapse. At first her face fell, a sad look clouding her expression, but it then transformed into an expression of determination. She held out her hand, concentrated again and carefully asked Clarice. "Okay, lets try this again... What kinds of motions should I do?" Diana seemed to pretend as if her previous mistake had not even occurred, determined to continue.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:12 pm

"Just because you think you've made a makeshift container for water doesn't mean it will absolutely perfect like a glass. You must find your own movements... and work with them, Diana."

She lends a hand to the woman to bring the all of water back into shape. The container idea Diana had gave an idea to her as well. She smirks somewhat before looking to Diana with a bright smile.

"How about this? Why don't we see how much water your concentration can take? While you hold your position I'll feed your ball of water more from the bottom and make it expand. That way you'll get a feel and know what your limit is too, okay?"

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:34 am

She quirked her eye brow and suppressed a laugh. She had gotten the idea from somewhere that size matters not. Then she realized that magic was not the same as the Force. It was a lot more sophisticated, almost a science in its own right. Or at least it seemed as much. The blond nodded her head once, carefully keeping her mind on the ball of water but slowly releasing her concentration.

Diana knew she must look very awkward, but she tried anyway, moving her hands in motions that seemed to her mind, at least, to be fluid. She moved her hands forwards, then back, close but never quite touching. Her fingers relaxed, taking a rather rounded shape to resemble the softness with which water could flow. She started to make small, subtle ovals with her hand's movement. She hoped this was helping and waited for Clarice to contribute to her little pool of liquid.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:13 am

She begins to feed water to the orb as Diana feels her way around to concentrating on the ball of magic. Smiling at her progress she continues to add more until she allows the woman to adjust.

"That's it, keep your mind on how it moves, not how you want it to move. You're doing fine," she says softly.

She allows the woman to adjust before continuing to put more into Diana's responsibility.

"If it becomes to straining, please say so."

Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:04 pm

Diana nodded her head and actually felt herself reacting. The movements of her hands not only calmed her arms and muscles, but also helped her lessen the strain on her mind. She let a quiet sigh escape her lips, to calm herself, as Clarice fed more water into her round, ball of water. She smiled as it continued to grow, confidence rippling through her as she continued to hold its shape. Finally, after the fourth pouring of water, Diana started losing control. The shape of the thing began to ripple, the blond doing her best to keep it aloft. She began to sweat, perspiration glistening on her forehead. "Clarice..." She tried to speak, her teeth gritted as she did her best to keep the water aloft. Determination alone kept her from releasing her hold.

Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:38 am

"Alright Diana... release it slowly and I'll let you take a small breather," she softly says to the woman. She, of course, stops adding to the water ball so Diana can concentrate on letting go of her hold. Depending on how well she does would let Clarice know how much stamina the woman has. This could either be good for her magic using... or bad when she gets caught by a monster.

"Just try to relax and not strain yourself. You'll only make it harder to let it go slowly without stumbling you know."

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:04 pm

Diana nodded her head once, slowly, and began to slow down her movements. She then began to lower her hands towards the pool, slowly, slowly allowing the fairly large ball of water to reconnect with the surface and then dissipate altogether into the water. Diana let out a breath she had not realized she had been holding. She fall backwards onto her rump, sweat glistening on her forehead, a warm smile on her face. That smile was a confident one, because she believed she'd done fairly well. Her breathing was nowhere near as heavy as it normally was after she'd attempted magic.

Diana's sky-blue eyes looked up to look at Clarice, an appreciative smile on her face. After taking in another mouthful of air she spoke to Clarice, her voice sincere and heartfelt. "Thank you, very much, for all this. I couldn't do this without your help and guidance. I really do appreciate it."

Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:10 pm

"I'm happy to help. It’s not as if I can just idly stand by and watch a fellow magic user fumble around without any sort of guidance."

She calmly sits down and sighs softly while watching the puddle ripple for a few more moments until it settled. It was hard work trying to teach when she herself was still learning quite a lot. But at least Diana wouldn't have to sacrifice herself for the sake of knowledge like the monsters on the island have done. But then, again some spells require such sacrifices. She was doubtful telling the woman would help either.

"Why don't you sit down and take a rest," she suggests to the woman, sparkling emerald eyes gaze up at her as she waits for her to respond.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:28 pm

Diana smiled pleasantly at Clarice, the woman's similar blond hair shimmering slightly in the setting sun above. What a kind and wonderful woman, Diana thought to herself. She envied Clarice's lover. This woman had a love in her that few could match. A determination and passion that could not be easily broken and impossible to do so permanently. Diana's lukewarm eyes wandered back down to the puddle to watch it shimmer into stillness. A soft sigh left her lips as Clarice's modest comments fell on Diana's ears.

When an offer for relaxation came, Diana smiled eagerly and sat down on the nearby rock. This time she slid over and gently pat the warm stone, heated up by the intense sun that was now lazily slipping towards the horizon. "Well, I can clearly appreciate the things you've gone through to get your knowledge... So I thank you for parting it with me." Diana flashed another warm smile and her deep, ocean-blue eyes glanced over to meet Clarice's emerald iris'.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:19 am

"You don't even wish to know what I've gone through for it. But at least I'm healthy.... well at least physically."

Mentally, she was pretty much broken in many places. As much as she hated to admit it, Clarice had her problems she could use help in, but it wasn't as if she'd willingly ask anyone, even Kanoe.

"You'll no doubt have similar problems to mine, so best be careful. They've used my lover in more bargaining plots then I can remember."

Getting up from her place, she takes a seat next to Diana and signs softly. This really wasn't something she should be talking about so openly. But certainly Diana deserved to know if she had a lover as well. Or maybe she's already had some problems with monsters. Things were just too tedious and complicated to think about.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:56 am

Diana kept her hands in her lap and her torso towards Clarice. She listened quietly while the girl spoke and piped in after she was done. "Don't be so sure that I don't want to hear what you've gone through. I'd think of it as a comfort to know that I'm not the only one that's gotten r--... Well, you know what I mean." Diana's stumble with the word brought a blush to her face. She hated admitting that she was weak enough to be raped. And she hated it even more when the monsters made her like it. Her hand went up to her head, carefully rubbing her forehead.

"I just wish I had the willpower... The strength... To stop this from happening. Or at least keep my sanity while it happened. Like a back room, where I can sneak away my conscience mind during the..." She gulped carefully before speaking the word. "Rape."

Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:11 am

"No need to say it," she replies simply and smiles softly to her. She couldn't help but pat the woman on her shoulder, as if to give some form of comfort. Drawing her hand back to her lap, she listens as Diana beats herself up over things she had no control over.

"Unfortunately that's how the body reacts. It technically isn’t our fault entirely when we turn to like it in the end. But that doesn’t change how we feel afterwards... I've had it happen to me on more occasions that involved Kanoe or my hunger for magical knowledge. You may very well have to make sacrifices if you wish to become stronger. But i guess it really depends on the person... if the price is too high or not."

Now she was starting o feel bad. There really wasn't an easy way of saying that she felt like she was selling herself short and being reduced to useless slave that walked free. She felt chains... they weren't viewable to the naked eye. And she felt she may be making excuses for how she succumbed so quickly each time to pleasure. It does seem to be easier to blame the body then the mind that controls the body.

"It's probably best if we don't think about it too hard, though. it gets depressing entirely too easy with simple talk."

She pushes loose strands of hair behind her ear and tries not keep her eyes lowered in a depressed state after what she just uttered.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:36 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next