View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:21 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Trouble, Trouble, Trouble With a Capital 'T' (Vera) 

Post Re: Trouble, Trouble, Trouble With a Capital 'T' (Vera)
Vera held still as Taisie ran fingers down to her left arm. She closed her hand into a fist for the woman as she continues to be guided through the steps of the move. The explanation was very thorough and detailed and the Head Girl did her best to keep up.

First attacks would usually be punches. She needed to step to the outside of the punch so she could counterattack and her opponent has less ability to defend from that direction. Taisie grabbe her arm and pulled her closer as she moves on to the counter. Her body ended up pressed against Tai's back, briefly showing how it could move on to a throw or an elbow strike.

After being shown her options, Vera gently pulled away and nods gently. "I suppose only trial and error will get my body used to such motions. I am ready when you are." She shifts into a more defensive stance as she forces herself to remember which way to step.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:52 pm

“You catch on quickly,” Taisie teases, but with some form of seriousness as well. Her leg gently slides behind her as she brings her hands above her chest to show her attacking stance to Vera.

“I’m going to go slow for you the first few times. As soon as you see me punch, I want you to get into position to throw me over or elbow me. You don’t have to actually attempt until you get the position right and I’ll tell you when I think you’re ready to do so. I’m going to keep building my speed so that your reaction time has the chance to cope with faster changes. Basically, I’m setting you up for success before it will be your job to continue you success on your own when you face me.”

“Go as fast as you can to get into position. Untrained opponents may very well try to hit you from behind, but that will come later in practice. You need to build your sense of presence up before you can begin to deduce an enemy’s next move.”

Bringing her right fist back, she gestures Vera to be ready. Her speed was a normal pace like walking, bringing her fist as if to hit the woman gently in the chest.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:24 pm

She followed along with the motions as best as she could. It took several tries to get used to which direction to step as Tai occasionally switches hands. The Head Girl continued to practice and progress taking steps to the outside of the woman's attacks. Only through repetition would her body gain the muscle memory needed to react to these attacks.

Vera made a few more mistakes as the attacks increased. It was a bit of annoyance but she did not let it slow her down. Over and over she continues the motions until Taisie said it was time to move to the next step. She would then begin to grab and pull the woman's arm and try to move into a throwing position. More clumsy steps later did she move to practice the elbow strike as well.

Her moves became more fluid and sharper. Each time Taisie would punch, she would step to the side and then pull herself into position. Her body would be pressed up against the other woman's as she held the arm and tries to lift the woman up onto her back. "Like this?" she asked softly.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Vera was human, so mistakes only proved to let one know she was one. But her determination paid off. Soon she was pulling Taisie close to her, making the ninja’s breasts press firmly into Vera’s back while she attempts to pull her onto her back.

“Much better then your first try, Vera. But you can’t start trying to lift me so slowly. Muscle weighs more then fat, so trying to lift so nonchalantly will end up hurting you. You need to do it quick and full of energy.”

To make an example she positions the woman to stand in front of her. Just standing does Taisie suddenly wrap her arms around the woman to lift her up quickly before setting her down fast and gentle.

“A bigger opponent will cause long term damage to your back and spine if you try and hold your position to have them like you did me. You must be quick before the law of gravity turns on you. There is only a small window of opportunity available to do a throw or Elbow Counter. But honestly, when the time comes you’ll most likely be able to react with adrenaline going. Since this is only practice it seems you aren’t getting anywhere but I can see much improvement.”

She bows in respect to the fellow fighter before she side-steps to the table with the glass and the pitcher of water.

“Since we’ve been going at this for a moment, let’s take a break to give your arms a rest. Soon we won’t have to do many rests because this training will build your muscles and your stamina.”

She takes a seat at a chair and pours two glasses for herself and for the Head Girl. With a smile, she offers the woman the glass before she would pick up her own.

“Pretty soon after you develop your own rhythm, I can become a sparring partner with you. I can guarantee you; you’ll feel a lot better knowing that if push comes to shove, you’ll have more then enough strength to handle a rebellious student. At least if talking with them isn’t possible.”

Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:39 pm

The Head Girl gasps softly as Taisie wraps her arms around her body. She was briefly lifted off the floor as their bodies remained pressed together. She could almost feel the students pulse through their orbs pressed together. But the woman seemed to be focused on just training and released her soon after.

It was a pity this woman seemed disinterested but it was understandable. It was not like all women had to like each other on this island. Vera returned the bow before sitting down at the table. Her muscles were a little sore, not used to such constant repetitive motions.

She smiled and accepts the glass of water offered to her and takes slow drinks from it. "So your intention is to get me trained so you can beat up your sempai is it?" she asked with a faint smirk, "Not sure how to take that. But I am grateful nonetheless."

It was doubtful students would dare raise a hand against her in this school. But it did not hurt to be prepared. Would be better to use martial arts and continue to keep her magic a secret from as many people as possible.

Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:02 pm

There was no denying she didn’t have a brief, fleeting thought about making so much physical contact with Vera, but it was brief. She had been taught restraint from such ‘feelings’, but she didn’t deny she felt something between the woman and herself, however fleeting it was.

“Beat you up? Vera-sama… if I had wanted to honestly hurt you, I would’ve already done so. Besides, do you not want to be stronger? You never know when a disrespectful transgressor decides she won’t respect you and try to attack you. It’s not as if teachers or student councilmen have ever not been attacked by students.”

She simply shrugs at the woman before taking a sip of her glass of water. The woman’s personality was one thing that made Taisie like her a lot. A quick-wit was very attractive for a young woman like Vera. Not she would ever find her that ‘attractive’, but there was no sense in not being able to compliment a fellow female of her attitude. But perhaps she did like Vera’s body as well… not that she would stare or anything.

“Besides… I don’t intentionally hit my superiors unless we’re training and I hold back. If I didn’t honestly care, then my father would have an embarrassing time explaining his black eye. He’s such a bad father to not want his kid to do better then himself.”

She could only shake her head and sigh at her parent’s sad excuse for denying her their inheritance. Was it really so horrible to let your child succeed after you?

Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:45 pm

The brief spark of emotion awoke her empathic sense bringing a faint smile to her lips. At least the ninja was not made entirely out of stone. Though Tai's humor needed some work. A flaw of training all alone these past years.

"I know dear," she replied, "I was merely poking fun. Though discipline is good, being so uptight will only wear you out in the future." It did not take special senses to notice this one had troubles with her father or perhaps entire family. Would be no good for either of them if she allowed this train of thought to continue.

Vera's hand came slowly until her fingers brush gently over Taisie's cheek. After the fleeting touch, she allows her hand to cup the woman's cheek and gently raise her gaze. "There is no need to worry about that anymore. Your father cannot reach you here so if you wish to grow stronger there will be nothing to hinder you. And if I catch up, perhaps I can help you along your path."

Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:36 pm

"I was poking fun as well," she replies with a smile. She had a sense of humor and knew Vera made a joke. She supposes she needed to work on how her voice sounded when she said things sarcastically. Wasn't very much her strong suit, being alone all the time. Perhaps her sense of humor was dry.

She blinks for a moment as the Head Girl cups her cheek and consoles her to not think of her father. She smiles and pats the woman's hand before pulling it off and cupping it in her own.

"My father doesn't get to me, Vera-sama. I was just making idle chit-chat."

"And I am not uptight," she quirks a brow tot he woman and stands up to her, "I'm just not used to putting emotion behind my voice, just my actions."

She did appreciate Vera's sense of empathy, though she did know how truly deep that was. The spark of emotion was mostly her confusion and upset to her father's actions against her. But that was a fleeting emotion, which is why it did not stay long at all in Vera's senses. She hangs onto the Head Girl's hand for a moment before finally letting go. Perhaps this association with others had made her forget the soft touch another human being can have on each other.

"So uhh AHEM, right well my personal life is nothing to be concerned of. Every family has its problems."

Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:10 pm

"Nonsense, Taisie," she replied smoothly, "If there was no concern, I would not have went through such endeavors to speak of your innocence on that past matter. Besides, seems you rarely have a chance to speak to another. So whether it be personal or not, there is at least one person you can speak to here."

"I suppose we cooled off enough telling from your wish to change the subject and move on," she smiled faintly, "Shall we continue where we left off or is there more you wish to teach me this morning, Taisie?"

Vera stretched slowly as she pulls her hair back behind her shoulders. Perhaps it would be better to tie it back but she always preferred her silver hair to remain flowing about her. Her body still ached with sore muscles all over. Stretching helped some but the rest would only fade in time.

Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:29 pm

“It’s very heart-warming, Vera-sama. I’m just not very comfortable talking of my family in such a disrespectful manner. But there is no other way to describe them so speaking of them tends to lead me into denouncing them a lot.”

Taisie stands and combs her fingers through her tied hair. She thinks for a moment on what defensive moves should be taught next and snaps her fingers, her facial features brightening at the thought.

“Of course, you need to learn to block kicks,”

She takes to the small area they had been practicing their punch counter with and beckons Vera over. She puts her right fist into her palm and bows to Vera before she began to teach once more.

“Both these punch and kick counters are universal. These are basic defense moves that I must teach you so you can develop a better understanding of the body’s movement.”

“This kick counter is called the ‘Pop and Slip’. You’ve told me you’ve attended a few classes so your kicks are probably up to stuff enough that you can perform a kick high enough to hit an enemy in the side or head so I need not have to teach you how to do that.”

She suddenly and swiftly turns her body and makes a false kick just mere inches from the side of Vera’s cheek.

“Most untrained opponents do not know how to use their legs for fighting, but it is often an opponent has the flexibility to do so. Kicks are only performed in close range so for the sake of argument the Side Step Counter was avoided or the persons imply comes up to kick.

Now the object of the counter is to see the kick coming. Kicks, even mine are slow to perform when the body is put into an awkward position. It’s not quick like punches can be so your window of opportunity has a bit more open space. When you see either leg come at you, be expecting the side or head to be the target.”

Bringing her foot down, she slides it backwards and takes a stance to show she was not the one to perform the example.

“Vera-sama, demonstrate to me an intentional kick to my side or head, whichever you prefer. You don’t have to be forceful; just try to perform a kick as fast as you can. Are you ready?”

Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:00 am

Blocking kicks? For a martial artist, it would be useful to defend against various forms of attacks. It was doubtful a rebellious troublemaker would be skilled at all with throwing kicks but it would still help her overall ability.

At least it will help her defend against Taisie's kicks when they someday spar for training. Vera followed after the woman back to the spot they were before. She politely returned the bow as she listened to Tai's explaination. The Head Girl could not help but flinch away by the sudden feint thrown towards her cheek. The kick was sharp and she could have sworn her hair blew back slightly from the force behind the blow.

"Ready as I will ever be," she replied after the rest of the explanation. Vera takes a simple fighting stance. She really had very little experience. The woman twisted her body around as her back foot left the floor, sending a roundhouse kick to just below Taisie's elbow. She performed it as best and as fast as she could, knowing the ninja would no doubt avoid her attack anyway.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:40 am

For the few seconds between the kick and Taisie, she didn’t move. In fact, she leaned towards the kick with her yes watching the very limb coming at her. Her arm closest to the leg went up and grasped the kick; she made a soft exhale of breath before she goes into counter Vera’s kick while she still held her leg. Her foot slips beneath Vera’s only means of standing and forces her swiftly to the ground. But she does so to the point of not letting go of her leg to allow the fall to not be a hard one. Once Vera was down, she turns her body to make a fake punch to the side of Vera’s head. Once the Head Girl understand what had happened, she helps the woman back up with a hand

“What a lot of people like to do is hesitate after catching a kick, which gives the opponent enough time to counter the block and send the blocker to the ground instead. It is human nature to hesitate. But that is why a kick counter is so effective because one would think the blocker would hesitate, so instead of trying to get their leg free they make it even more impossible to avoid getting thrown down.”

She takes the moment to brush Vera’s shoulders to show respect after making her fall.

“Just remember, going into the kick makes the foot miss you and shins are a lot less impacting then the point of a foot. One would try to avoid, but getting into the opponents space to block and then take the other foot to make them fall is a good way to make them stay down. A punch to the head would make anyone hesitate or be momentarily stunned before you even break a sweat.”

“I hope I didn’t hurt you any, Vera-sama. It would be easier to have mats here so then I wouldn’t have to worry about possibly making you fall head first. If there was some way you were allowed to have aerobic mats here then it would make it much easier to teach. I do better with making examples then explaining the whole defensive move."

Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:13 pm

Her kick was easily caught. She could guess where this was going to lead. Sure enough, the woman stepped behind her standing leg and pushes her over onto the floor. Vera lets forth an exhale of breath upon making contact with the hard floor but otherwise did not seem bothered by it.

After the demonstration, she was pulled back to her feet. "It's fine," she replied, "It is not as if I will be able to choose where my fights are. But I can see about getting a small mat for you to perform takedowns on. It would probably be better to move to something I bit less dangerous. I cannot guarantee the same safety should I attempt this same counter."

"If the rest is too dangerous without a mat, we can put this on hold for today and move to our studies if you wish," Vera continued calmly, "Either way is fine by me so feel free to choose what you are comfortable with, Taisie." Would do no good for either of them if they get injured on their first day training together.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:22 pm

“It would be best to stop, then. I don’t wish to throw safety to the wind so perhaps the two counters I have taught are enough to practice with for now.”

She takes a moment to make sure Vera is alright before gesturing to their studies. She certainly didn’t want a pretty woman like the Head Girl to be hurt, especially by herself.

“I think we should postpone for today. A small mat would be better for the both of us when you begin to try and counter my actions.”

She takes a seat to get her glass of water once more and sips it politely before looking to Vera and then to the large book of studies she had brought. It was certainly a lot, but no doubt her high position allowed her more leverage in getting such things. Not that it bothered her that Vera was able to get this, it was just a more encouraging reason to like this woman. She knew how to use her position it seemed.

“Well, if you want to start with studies, then by all means. You’re probably more adept in the art then I am if you have this much.”

Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:36 am

The show of concern for her well being was warming. She smiled and allowed Tai to check to make sure she was unharmed before moving to her chair. "Would not want to hurt you," she replied, "And do not let the books intimidate you. I can assure you I more than likely have less experience than you do in the dark arts."

She turns a dial on the wall that dims the lights some and places a small candle in the center of the table. Vera uses a lighter to set it aflame, casting flicking shadows about the room. "I began my studies on this island so I only have a few years of experience and only have had access to these tomes during my time as a Head Girl."

Vera concentrates for a few moments as the shadows began to shift and gather into one spot on the table. It forms into a tiny person who gives Taisie a flourished bow. "Being a beginner, it is unlikely I can teach you much on my own. I can manipulate darkness and shadow though I have yet to try any other elements. How about yourself Taisie? Is there any particular difficulty you have with your magic?"

The little shadow person does a few cartwheels and flips before bowing again. The shadow shimmers and dissapates, forming back into their original flicking shadows over the table and throughout the room.

Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:20 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next