View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Ninjitsu Practice (for Taisie) 

Post Re: Ninjitsu Practice (for Taisie)
“I said you were strange, I did not say I would not help you, Hoturi-sama. I’ll help you to the cave, but unfortunately I can’t stay very long.”

She begins to walk with the elder man down the beach to this ‘cave’ of which he mentioned was his home. Didn’t sound like the greatest place to be, but if he survived this long then he must be comfortable. She still didn’t fully understand why he wished to be by himself, but the old man had his right to do with what he wished of his life.

She couldn’t help but have her guard up as she begins to see a cave in the distance. She wasn’t very fond of places other animals can see as shelter. Would not be a pleasant sight to see some bear or cougar in one’s face when you wake up or something.

It was until they were a few yards away from the cave did she detach herself from Hoturi, holding him for a moment before slowly back away to see if he was able to keep his balance. Once she sees him still standing, she bows once more and looks to him with a small smile.

“Hoturi-sama, I wish the best for you and your new life here. Perhaps I will see you some time tomorrow. Ja ne Hoturi-sama,” with that she begins to walk away, but not before taking another look back to make sure this time the elder man did not fall once more. He was a strange old man, but probably living out here was what made him odd. She couldn't blame his nature, especially with how demanding it must be to catch his own food.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:11 am

"Thank you," he commented as he gave his obi a slight tug as if to get the wrinkles out of it. He had studied her for a moment as she backed away, his mind discerning her words even as his mind lightly touched upon hers, his eyes casting a look into the darkness of the cave before filtering back to her.

Aegir could be quite patient and with her guard still up coupled with his slow speed he knew when to wait. He had implanted the suggestion in her mind to return tomorrow though he could have just as easily usurped control of her long enough to get her into the cave out of a silly pretense.

His cane tapped at the earth knowing that it was unwise to drop his illusion then and there. She had a marginal amount of distance to cover considering the elasticity within his limbs. But should he miss he would be working at a deficit that he could avoid by waiting a few hours.

"Now hurry along before your late for that thing of yours."

He waved her on in the direction of the school with a smile that had fluttered against his lips. Though beneath it, beneath the illusion that he had gathered around himself he had already been scheming as to the events of the morrow as he ran though the simple plan within that compound mind of his, his mind invoking pretty much the same plan he had already concocted today.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:33 am

She never was used to the man when he acted so strange. A shipwrecked victim who is content in living out the rest of years in such a demanding world… it seemed just too big of a story, but there was no denying his presence and his tattered clothing. She was just unsure whether the man was EXTREMELY senile that he may very well live at the school and perhaps his guardian hadn’t been watching him for the few hours he must’ve stayed in the cave.

There were just so many reasons not to believe the elder man, but she had been told no male aside from teacher staff was on this island. Unless the school out loud lied to her, then either he was simply hiding his presence here, he was a ship-wrecked victim or he was, as Kanoe warned her, a monster. She still didn’t know what to make of that story either. Sure that would explain her sudden coma and waking up from it, but there were so many questions like if the school knew or if Taisie was being played for a fool. It was enough to cause a headache.

She actually had nothing to do, but thinking of what she could possibly do was what kept her from staying with the old man. She liked him for his quirkiness, but she was unsure whether he needed help or not. Tomorrow would bring another day of wonder to Hoturi’s story and Taisie wondered if she should visit him tomorrow.

---

Next morning was as days were before. Work, train, study, homework, and projects piled before her and she had to get them all done. She felt the slight pang of guilt for probably not going to be able to make it to Hoturi-sama with all this work in front of her. But studies came before goofing off. She certainly didn’t want to give her father the diea she was lazy if he ever checked up on her progress, although that in itself was doubtful. She’ll just have to do what she could and if she couldn’t make it, it wasn’t because she didn’t want to.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:11 am

Aegir hadn't entertain the notion that she wouldn't show up considering that he had implanted the suggestion in her. He had crawled out of the water of his cove during the early hours of the morning feeling the coolness of water drip off of his mauve flesh as he broke the surface of the water. His white eyes had taken a quick look around as if surveying the scene though there had been nothing to witness.

Drawing upon the powers of illusion he once again found himself cloaking his form in the illusion of Hoturi as he exited the cave heading slowly to the cave that Taisie had taken him to the other day not to use his home in the proceeding least she wind up using that against him at some point.

It took awhile but he had finally made it to his destination. His body hobbling into the cave as his compound mind generated a few other illusions, A simple bedroll, a crate and a mannequin adorned with dozens of bells.

He leaned heavily on his walking stick as his eyes surveyed the interior of the cave before slinking inside.

Character Listing

Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:55 am

Despite the big demand expected from her, Taisie finally finished her daily work and work out. She didn’t know why she actually wanted to go and see Hoturi so badly, but she could only shrug it off as the man was just interesting. The story was entertaining to think of and it was almost like a fairytale to imagine someone making something so bad turn into a good thing.

But her deeds were done, so the odd Hoturi would get his visitor, although it was late enough. Sunset was just becoming visible, which to Taisie’s mind told her it was probably not the best idea to go out since most predatory animals were nocturnal. But in all actuality, she hadn’t seen anything bigger then a bird here. The fact it was an island may very well mean there aren’t any animals of a threat to the school any ways.

She sighs at her overlooking the simple act of visiting an old man. But he, however, was strange in itself. Sure she had helped him get up and back to his home, but he was just completely odd to her. But no matter, she did say she would visit so breaking a promise now might not be good for Hoturi.

It took a little trek, but now that she knew the path better, it took less time to walk along the beach to Hoturi’s cave-er home. She couldn’t shake off the feel something was watching her in the forest; perhaps it was just nerves bothering her?

“… Hoturi-sama?” she calls as she stops in front of the mouth of the cave. Her nerves were on edge with the cave being so dark inside. T was ominous and mysterious… she could almost just imagine some giant animal coming out to try and eat her.

Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:27 pm

His normal hunting had been postponed as he had found himself looking forward to the passage of time, something that he had never did seeing that everyday had rolled into one given his enormous life. But he had only left that cave twice as he hunted the icy cold waters for nourishment feasting on sharks that had haplessly fallen into his grasp.

He tackled each with his voracious appetite, bringing each back to the cave as he ate all but the bones of the fish before taking their skeletal remains deeper into the cave to dispose of. He had found that he dropped his illusions during this time but had cloaked himself again when he hadn't been feeding or hunting.

For a time he had wondered if his suggestion had taken route in her mind as the day had grown late, ready to chalk the matter up to failure on his part. Perhaps she had some unknown resistances. Perhaps she was a psion and had been resistant or immune to his tampering.

Aegir had been ready to drop his illusion and slink off when he had picked up one mind growing closer to his location. His hopes renewed he had appeared elated that the brain pattern drew nearer. Of course there had been no one here to witness his glee, glee that he had masked as the sun blended colors across the sky as it sank below the horizon in the west.

He moved closer to the mannequin adorned with the bells as he deliberately turned his back upon the mouth of the cave. His walking stick propped up against the wall of the cave as old wrinkle hands darted to and fro as he unattached the bells from the clips they had been adorned to soundlessly, even going so far to wordless usher in a cloud of darkness around himself and the mannequin as he filched more bells off of the mannequin in absolute silence.

By this point he could feel Taisie's mind completely. Her fear of wild animals had been noted and he had nearly summoned an illusion one to keep her busy while he launched an attack of his own but upon reflection of that he thought it best if stuck to the original plan of his and the various back ups that he had stored away in the event of failure.

His cloud of darkness faded, his hands a mere blur as he snatched up more of the bells in his grasp soundlessly.

Character Listing

Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:44 pm

“Hoturi-sama?” Taisie questions once more. The dark cave gave little to her sight, but she could make out a form that appeared to be the old man. His cane was viewable as well. She began to wonder if this was such a good idea coming back as the sun began to slip beneath the horizon.

“I tried to come earlier but was filled with work… maybe I should come back another time?”

Her instincts were screaming for her to get away, but she found it rather silly to think something would happen. It was just an old man… in a cave… out in the forest by himself. Her nerves were beginning to pick up again as she furrowed her brows. She wasn’t about to step closer to the cave.

“Hoturi-sama? Are you alright in there?”

Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:29 pm

"Taisie? Is that you? Forgive me, my eyes aren't what they use to be."

The old man dropped the handful of bells that jingled softly as he did so. A soft smile had crept over the features of his face as he discerned her silhouette in the mouth of the cave.

He smiled as he left the side of the mannequin hobbling over to his cane against the wall.

"I hadn't expected you to come back. Forgive me, I misjudged you based on your age, I simply thought that you'd blow me off. But your here now ... that's all that's important. Actually, you can help me in fact, I was getting ready to trade my catch with your school though the baskets are a bit heavy with fish for me to take in a single trip. I;d hate to impose on you but if you would be so kind as to assist an old man."

He hooked his thumb into the cave behind him to indicate where the baskets of fish had been kept.

Character Listing

Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:56 pm

Taisie furrowed her brows to the man's request. It was simple enough, but she was having an inkling feeling about going intoa dark cave. But instead of showing it freely that she was curious as to why he couldn't simply bring it out since he must've brought it in so far, she nods with a small smile.

"I don't think I've ever heard an elder man say 'blow me off' before. You're very amusing, Hoturi-sama. Of course I'll help."

She steps into the cave and smile to the man, placing a soft hand on his shoulder before walking passed him to find the alleged basket full of fish. Something so heavy must've been a burden in any case. Even she may have a problem if the basket is full enough.

"How big is your home here, Hoturi-sama? You could almost start a family in this cave. I didn't realize how high the ceiling was."

Of course she was doing more then simply sight-seeing the cave. The condensed granite and rock glittered as the sun held just enough light for her view to be adequate enough.

"Where are these baskets again, Horturi-sama?"

Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:38 am

He laughed softly as a smile creased his lips, his dark eyes regarding her for a moment as he scanned her mind picking upon the suspicion that had hung upon it. He did take steps in putting her somewhat at ease in order to get her to drop her guard, at least a little.

"I put it deeper in the cave so no animals would be attracted to the scent emitting from it." He hooked his thumb again as he manifested a distant illusion of a basket in the darkness that he could barely see, even with his keen vision. "It's right over there."

He turned on his heels as he squinted out in the location of the basket taking a few strides as she approached towards it. When he had been confident that she had been far enough within the cave he generated another illusion causing the mouth of the cave to collapse to seal her in place.

Though the cave had been deep his slow movement would be negated give that the cavern dead ended, that and regardless of how fast she may have been in comparison he doubted that it would help her much.

His illusions had melted away in that moment, all save for the cave in. At once he lashed out his tentacless in an attempt to restrain her, hoping that he had surprise on his side while doing so.

Character Listing

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:57 am

The basket of fish looked real enough and for a moment she thought it was all going to be okay. Well… she did think that after all. The sudden sound of the mouth of the cave made her head whirl back. Her eyes widen as she sees the mouth cave in and looks to Hoturi with an explanation. No one would’ve expected tentacles to lash out of the old man’s body. But her reflexes were keen and she twists her body dodge to the side. Of course her anger and betrayal were immanent as the tendrils fling passed her by mere inches. So she was tricked after all.

She huffs before bringing a large kick to the nearest tentacle with mana flaring about her hands and feet. Her eyes narrow at the old man as his entire illusions drop. The basket and the old man were mere tricks to lure her into an enclosed environment. There was no basket and this slimy thing was no human. He had created illusions to trick her.

But she was not about to slow down and hesitate for a moment. It took all her training to dodge all the tendrils she could. She never before experienced having to dodge tentacles. She knew it was likely she would get caught if she didn't keep moving so all she could do was jump onto solid rock and push off to build momentum and try and keep herself a moving target.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:23 am

His illusion dropped, his tentacles flailing out towards her he had recoiled one away from her as he retracted it to his body more out of instinct than anything else. The blow of course having done minimal damage to his maleable boneless nature though the charge of manner had caused him some grief. Barley any given the island's inhibitors though he had to admit that she had proved quick as she bobbed and weaved his remainding tentacles as they came at her.

He could have made things so much easier by usurping her mind again, making her slow down enough so that he could grasp her though he had refrained preferring not to use that particular talent if he didn't have to do so.

But he had assumed that she would tire herself out giving rise to half hearted attacks figuring that she would slow down as fatigue set in when he could launch a full attack with all his backing behind it.

From his body a musky aroma emitted from his body as excitement over took him. Pheremones, that had been what he had released. An evolutionary throw back to long ago that he had no conscious control over nor did he realize when it emitted itself though he figured that it had mostly occurred when he had been greatly aroused.

Provided she had displayed no electrical abilities he felt that he could be patient and take his time, seeing how he had waited over a day to snare her what could a few moments mean to him.

Character Listing

Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:48 am

She desperately tried to keep dodging away from the tentacled mass, unsure of what to do except to make quick attacks. She had nothing left t give except that and certainly her stamina would give out in minutes of sprinting. She had to be on the offensive.

Her chest bounces as she makes an abrupt turn to the tendril closest and tries a fiery punch to slow it down. It seemed to have little effect and soon she was dodging, flipping, and twisting her body out of the way. Fire had no effect on the tendril. She was unfortunate enough to not really know how to use light magic to possibly blind this monster so she could find a route to escape.

Channeling once more she enveloped her hands in dark, sparking mana. She had to figure out something to get away from this monster. She went right after a tendril to try and strike it if it didn't move ridiculously faster then she did.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Fire had washed over his tentacle though to little effect. Though as his mind had touched upon her own surface thoughts he had come to the realization that light would be equally as effective. He had not taken his light sensativity into account, worried more about enduring the painful harm of electrical attacks to worry about temporary blindness.

Haphazardly and a bit lazily he had flailed his tentacles at her. He had the advantage of coming at her from numerous angels at once as she battled against him though her advantage had been speed. She evaded him, easily at times it had seemed, narrowly at others.

When she had engulfed her hands in darkness he had tried to evade her out of instinct but hadn't been able to recoil the tentacle in time, he had been much to slow to evade it, his tentacle feeling her smashing blows against it that would have caused him great pain had he not been virtually immune to bludgeoning attacks.

A tickle curled down his tentacle as her mana coursed through it, thankful at the moment for the island's inhibitors. His mouth tentacles quivered to and fro as he played with her, his body though slow, had been quite calculating as he moved in such a manner to cut off the cave. To drive her back further into it unless of course she had wanted to be ensnared by tentacles.

His slithering movement against the ground had been slow but full of purpose as no movement had been wasted. If he wanted her to move in specific ways he feinted attacks against her so that she moved in specific ways to avoid him.

Nice.

He commented into her mind with his telepathic talents. He lacked vocal chords to utter speech in his natural form and even did so in his illusionary forms moving his mouth to simulate that he was in fact speaking.

Character Listing

Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:00 pm

Taisie was already starting to show signs of exhaustion. But she would not allow herself to be fully energized and captured by some sleazy beast. She attacked all tentacles that came near her until the monster suddenly spoke to her. She had originally thought it was incapable of English, but that explained the old man’s speech.

“So you are capable of speaking. What could you possibly want fro me?”

It was all she could do was to ask before she started to throw all of her strength into her punches and kicks. She may be female, but her training no doubt had a little effect, especially while she punched and kicked the monster with dark magic. Sparks were flying from her gripping fist as she does all she could avoid being caught. She too was directing the tentacles to go where she was feigning to go before turning in another direction. Her intention was obvious; to tangle the monster in his own tentacles so that he had no way to defend himself. Although she did have to admit she felt like her magic was being held back by some force, but she couldn’t quite put her finger on.

“Why these tricks you grotesque squid? Do you have an issue with facing me one on one?”

Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next