View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 End of Summer 

Post End of Summer
White sands, blue water; in fact, the beach managed to fit the descriptions in every ad for every beach resort ever while avoiding the drawbacks of a beach resort like crowds and tourist trap hotels. Susan regretted that she hadn't managed to get out here before the start of the semester, but she'd signed up for some summer courses, and then she'd been trying to work out ways to fight the monsters...

No, I came out here to try to forget those things for a while.

She had her choice of where to set up; the beach appeared empty. Summer hadn't ended yet and it was a Saturday, but the semester had already started. Some students were presumably busy with their studies, and others who had come to the beach were quite a long way away in one direction or the other. Susan didn't mind being alone, but she'd have preferred it if there had been other people nearby; monsters weren't likely to attack when there were too many people around...

Alright, that's enough of that! For now, just try to pretend that you never met Keemari and the others. Act like this is a normal college on a normal tropical island.

She chose a spot near a flat rock to lay out her beach towel. A pair of portable speakers and her mp3 player went on the rock, and a Shonen Knife song was soon playing from them. Not Susan's typical music choice, but it felt appropriate.

Linda... the real Linda, would be kidding me about my love of them if she were here, but...

She shook her head; she was getting too close to the specific incident she was trying to get over. With a sigh, she took off the long t-shirt she was wearing, revealing her bikini, a strapless black one decorated with metallic blue and purple flower patterns. That done, she put the shirt into her bag, on top of a spare set of clothes, and, after briefly considering the book she'd brought, took out a pair of sunglasses and a timer.

I'll try the book again later. For now, just... relax. Setting the timer so that she didn't spend too long lying on one side, she put on the sunglasses and lay down on her back on the towel.

Send me a pm if you want to set up an rp.

Character listing

Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:42 am

Post Re: End of Summer
Oddly enough there was another being quite near Susan with the exact same intentions as her. To relax, and in Lilac's case, restore some precious lost energy. Her body was not its customary shade of blue, instead it was a dark green. How she loathed her body when she made it into this color. But there weren't many ways of gaining energy and turning her skin into essentially one giant chlorophyll filled leaf was the most effective way. She was lying out in a puddle of sorts to maximize the surface area of her body, just beyond the flat rock that Susan had chosen as her place to lay down.

She had been in her location for maybe two hours now and was feeling not fully recharged, but far more energetic than usual when she noticed her unwitting companion. She hadn't thought that a student would have come out this far. She was left with a dilemma, to leave or to remain. Most monsters likely would not have had her hesitations, but she used to be human and she felt positively ugly in her green form. And switching to her lovely blue one to ravish this student would be time consuming, energy consuming, but she could use the materials...

She opted to remain, but to not approach the student yet. She was a little to far away that if she felt threatened and ran Lilac would be hard pressed to catch her. Instead she remained as a puddle of goo and angled her surface to reflect the light from the sun at the side of the woman's face, maybe drawing her attention. Was she a curious one and would inspect the giant beached jellyfish or whatever she believed Lilac to be? Or was she a bit more experienced with the creatures of this place and would instead be frightened, quite justifiably by Lilac's own opinion of her green form, away. Only time would tell and that was even if she managed to catch her attention with her little trick.

Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:49 pm

What the hell...?

The reflected sunlight in the corner of her eye caught Susan's attention. Rolling onto her side, she noticed the dark green... thing... that she'd managed to miss before.

What is that?

While she'd come out here planning to forget about the monsters, she wasn't going to just ignore something that might mean there was one around. Standing up, she went over to the blob.

Some sort of liquid, maybe? Doesn't look quite right for that, though, she thought as she walked around the thing. Well, if whatever left it did so recently, it looks like it'd still be wet. I'll just touch it. If it's dry, I'm probably safe. While she'd encountered several monsters before, all of them had been reasonably fixed in shape and so she didn't even consider that the puddle could be a monster itself.

A sudden thought did stop her from touching it. though. I'd better make sure it's not acid or something. It'd be really stupid to lose a hand or something trying to make sure I'm safe. Looking around, she noticed a short stick, apparently from the forest. That should do. Picking it up, she cautiously poked the pool with it.

Character listing

Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:49 am

It seemed that her trick had worked as Susan lifted herself from her towel and made her way over to her. It wasn't too surprising she had missed her earlier, she wasn't originally in the most visible of locations. She was slightly confused as to why the girl began to circle her, coming to the sudden realization that Susan didn't realize she was alive. What the hell did she think she was!? A viscous puddle of acid or something? The fact that she wasn't entirely flat against the ground suggested she wasn't completely liquid in any case.

Lilac would have blinked, had she had the eyelids to do so with, as Susan made her way a little ways off and picked up a stick. No... there was no way she was going to... And then she poked her with it, her flesh pressed inwards slightly by the tip of the stick. Now Lilac was a reasonable monster and hated the way she looked in this form. But to be poked as if she was some sort of beached jellyfish went just a little to far. It was the principle of the thing!

As the ripple spread across from where Susan had poked her an irritated voice echoed out of the puddle as three tendrils lanced out with surprising speed at the point of impact, up the stick and trying to ensnare Susan's wrist. "Well that wasn't very nice. I may not feel much but I still have feelings you know?"

Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:24 am

"Gaack!"

In her surprise at the blob's reaction, Susan stumbled backwards, avoiding the tendrils but landing unceremoniously on her butt.

"You're alive?" she blurted without thinking. Duh. Of course it's alive. It grabbed the stick and spoke to me.

"Sorry. I didn't know. I thought you were some... pool of sap or something left by one of the oth... one of the monsters," she hastily corrected herself at the end. She wasn't going to trust this... whatever it was... just yet— she'd been betrayed by monsters too many times for that— but there was no need to insult it.

Character listing

Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:50 am

The puddle rose up on itself, curves forming and yellow eyes appearing int their proper place. In just a few short seconds there was a female appearing figure, made out of the slightly opaque greenish goo. She had a frown on her face, hands on her hips in an easily interpreted display of irritation and asked, mouth moving so it would seem a bit more natural than a puddle talking, "You thought I was left by one of the monsters!? What the hell do you take me for!? A pile of shit!?"

Her time in the sun had left her far more energetic than normal, her tone completely different than the one she'd normally use and her movements much faster. She loomed over her, still frowning and muttered "Guess I can't blame you... I look positively atrocious in this color." She didn't wish to calm down, she wanted to stay angry. But seeing the woman fallen on her butt was too entertaining of a sight for her to remain mad for long and though she clearly heard that Susan was about to throw her in with the rest of the monsters in this place she stopped herself. She took in a breath, an amazingly human gesture, especially given the fact she didn't need to breath and said "Who are you anyways? What are doing out this far alone?"

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:01 am

Susan's eyes went wide with surprise as the blob formed itself into a human form. A rather cute one, at that, if you ignored that it seemed to be made of jello. Also, unfortunately, a rather annoyed one.

Great. It's pissed off already. That'll be bad if it attacks me. While an angry opponent would be more likely to make mistakes and give Susan openings to attack, she doubted that she'd have much luck trying to punch or throw the thing.

"You thought I was left by one of the monsters!? What the hell do you take me for!? A pile of shit!?"

"No, no... I didn't know what you were. It's just... you didn't look like anything living, and all the monsters I've seen were less... well, less blobby," she spluttered out, practically babbling in an attempt to calm the creature.

The effort seemed to do some good, as its attitude appeared to relax slightly. Taking a breath, it asked, "Who are you anyways? What are doing out this far alone?"

She might as well answer; she had poked and insulted the thing, and it hadn't attacked her yet. It might actually be harmless, or at least not interested at the moment, although she wasn't going to let her guard down. "I'm a student at the college. Name's Shuzhen. I came out here trying to forget about... some things about the school... for a while." Most likely, the thing could guess what the 'things' about the school were, since it seemed to be one of them itself.

Character listing

Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:58 am

Lilac eyed her unblinkingly for a few long seconds longer before shrugging her shoulders and saying "Well once more I guess I'll have to give you that one. I don't exactly look like much when I'm recharging..." She walked towards her fallen companion for the time being, half expecting her to bolt like a frightened deer and asked curiously "You sound frightened, or at the very least cautious. Rather odd given most of my 'victims' usually end up enjoying themselves" She chuckled lightly and continued in an amused tone "Perhaps not the best topic I should be focusing on given the circumstances of your being here."

In all honesty she was at odds about what to do with this particular student. She didn't need the extra nutrients really, but she was hardly one to pass up a free meal like this. But this really was the first time she had spoken more than a few words to a student in a long while. Perhaps she could glean something from her. Of course if she ran or went silent she could still get a free meal out of her. And if she spoke... well that hardly kept her off the menu, just delayed it. But if what she said was interesting enough she might just let her go temporarily. Knowing her name it would not be hard to find her again.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:24 am

Susan tensed up at the blob's comment about its victims. It confirmed her worries about the thing, even if it didn't seem about to attack right now, and she was in an awkward position. If the creature attacked while she was still on the ground, she wouldn't be able to defend herself very well, but she'd be even more vulnerable while standing up. Still, there did seem to be a chance she could convince it not to attack.

"Every weird creature I've met so far has ended up raping me. Some of them even used weird drugs to make my body betray me and enjoy it. Of course I'm cautious when I meet another one." It wasn't quite an accusation, but it should make it clear that she didn't want to become another of its victims, aphrodisiac or no aphrodisiac.

Even as she said this, she was trying to back far enough away from the thing that, if it was going to attack, she could stand up without leaving herself vulnerable.

Character listing

Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:05 am

Lilac chuckled lightly at her comment and replied "Well now, that latter thing you mentioned is one of my specialties, especially given I was designed to create 'weird drugs' in the first place." She smiled down at her, noticing her inching slowly away and keeping their distance constant by inching towards her at the same rate of her retreat. "But it is far more fun to not use them. It feels more rewarding that way..." She paused at that, a thoughtful expression on her face, one that likely would not bode well to Susan.

The brief pause passing she focused her eyes on her and asked "Well now Shuzhen, it seems that I am at a loss. While I hardly need to take you, the temptation to do so is rather... well tempting." She grinned lightly and leaned towards her "So what can you offer me to quench my thirst hrm? Besides your body since it seems to me given our conversation thus far that you are rather against that option." Her tone had grown playful near the end, but she was being quite serious. If Susan didn't think of something fast she was going to get violated by yet another monster on this island of horrors.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:36 am

Great. I don't think I'm going to avoid an attack unless I can bluff.

"Quench your thirst? Well, I could probably toss you into the ocean from here." ...Just as long as you don't weigh more than a pound or two, that is. Susan kept her own tone light, but her posture made it clear that she intended to try to carry out her threat if the blob attacked.

Character listing

Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:11 am

Lilac's body was a miasma of surprisingly dense compounds given her gelatinous appearance. She weighed nearly 300 pounds, something she neither advertised nor told anyone. Besides, even if Susan was physically capable of throwing around her mass, it would not be hard for her to simply break out of it. As such Susan's words earned a bright chuckle from her and she said amused looking at the ocean "Salt and water are two things I have in great amount. It is certain things that your body produces that I lack."

She closed the distance between them and leaned closer to her continuing lightly "And I strongly doubt you can throw me. By all means try, I could go for dinner and a show" She reached towards her as if to grab her, in reality simply trying to provoke her. She couldn't feel physical pleasure, but she took great enjoyment in toying with things and people. It was her way of retaining the last vestiges of her sanity.

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:46 am

As the creature made its apparent grab for her, Susan grabbed its wrist and fell back, planting her feet in its midsection and using her whole body in an attempt to propel it over herself using its own strength and momentum against it. Maybe... if the inhibitors hadn't been slowing her down, if she'd been in a better position, if the creature wasn't quite so heavy, if the attack had been a real one... the judo throw would've worked. As it was, however, the blob-woman landed with her legs on Susan's chest, knocking the wind out of the student.

It was at about this time that Susan's mp3 player, with the sense of humor that inanimate objects sometimes seem to have, started playing the song Flying Jelly Attack.

Character listing

Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:38 am

Lilac almost had to chuckle as she saw the brief look of surprise cross Susan's face as she gripped her arm and pulled back. Lilac knew little of martial arts, but it was clear that if she had been lighter and Susan in a superior position she 'might' have been able to throw her as she currently was. But as she pulled back she was barely able to get her off of the ground and gravity was being as unforgiving a mistress as always and she landed on top of her, liquefying her lower body so a smaller fraction of her weight would land on Susan. Now straddling her she looked down at the girl and asked lightly "Was that really necessary?"

She took the brief moment of her being stunned to fully liquefy her lower body, wrapping Susan in a gelatinous cocoon from her midriff to her knees, effectively removing her ability to move her legs and waist to any great effect. The upper part of her remained as a woman, a curious look on her face as she stared down at her and waited for her to regain her breath.

Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:03 am

"Was that really necessary?"

Susan managed to gasp out a reply, even as she struggled feebly against the substance beginning to encase her lower body. "Yes... Just wish it... had... worked."

The creature didn't do anything else after it had finished ensnaring Susan, as if waiting to see what she'd do next. Can't move my legs at all. Can't put my body into a punch, either. Don't know if it'd do any good, anyway. Still, it felt the poke; maybe I can get it to let go with a good enough hit. Probably won't matter where.

As she got her breath back, she suddenly lashed out with a punch, striking the creature solidly on its chest. Even with her limited movement, it was a good enough blow to knock the average person off balance and give her an opportunity to get free. Against a rather heavy, gelatinous, not entirely human-shaped creature, however, it was not that effective.

Character listing

Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]