View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:22 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Discovery (For Kanoe) 

Post Discovery (For Kanoe)
long had I pondered the possibilities and extents the human mind could extend itself into the world around it. Energy was all that the mind really was, a mass of goo, water, and energy to be rather blunt. I decided to dress in my hiking clothes that mid day and wander to the beach, it wasn't the best day for students to head there. There had been reports of some animal or something on the beach and sharks in the water but, I had no plans to swim.

My long hiking cargos were neatly tucked into what looked to be combat boots and I wore a rather loose fitting camo button down top over a matching tee, over a matching cami over a matching bra... Yes I realize I over dress compared to most girls... So what I wore cargos, then shorts, then bike shorts, then a bikini bottom then panties...

I took a seat on the sand with my legs crossed and brushed my hair tying it into a pony tail taking a deep breath looking out at the water listening to the odd silence... No sound at all other than the crashing waves... I had expected at least gulls.

Alice: Dozen girls, one body
Krystal Neo-cyte; The Chimera Erica Scorned
Jessica The Hunter

Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:04 pm

Post Re: Discovery (For Kanoe)
Kanoe was never one to read the news much less listen to gossip so arriving to the beach brought a slight shock on how empty it was. There some students on the beach but very few actually went into the water. The dark witch did not seem to care though as she continued down the path.

She wore the standard blue school swimsuit. Unlike the daily attire, the swimsuit at least covered her body but was still rather tight around her large breasts. The silver clasp hanging at the end of her long braid beats lightly against the small of her back as she made her way down to the hot sands. Kanoe set her bag down and layed out a towel before sitting down.

Swimming was one of the few times she could take off the clasp and undo her braid. Her lover had yet to gain such a freedom, having to wear her braid in almost all situations. Sighing softly, she sets the clasp in her bag and gazed out onto the sea as she careful unbraids her raven black hair.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:51 pm

I took a deep breath practicing meditation for about five minutes before opening my eyes again. it was about then I noticed someone else not too far from herself. She seemed rather well endowed, though from what I had seen, most of the girls here were save myself really. though I didn't totally notice her. really I was focusing on the sand, it was my first thought to try this experiment on but, it seemed to do nothing. then my mind shifted to total focus on the water before me. a small bit of it anyway. after several minutes passed and nothing happened I grew slightly discouraged... until finally a few bubbles of water rose into the air by themselves seemingly. I squeeled slightly in glee and as I did the water fell. I wrote down notes then... just then I consciously noticed Kanoe there.

"Oh dear!!! Someone's here... not good... sorry... um... please don't tell the staff I'm still experimenting on myself!"

Jessica The Hunter

Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:01 pm

The witch did not pay any mind to any other students nearby. She noticed a rather overly dressed woman staring off into space. So many layers of clothing out on the beach and camo colored no less? Oh well, it was not like she had a good fashion sense for herself.

While she finished undoing her braid, Kanoe could not help but feel something was off. It was not exactly mana channeling but something abnormal seemed to be happening. Usually this led to her clothes being ripped off by some unseen attacking or finding herself doing strange things against her will. But this time the effect was minor and seemed to be caused by a human student.

Kanoe held back a faint smile as she watched the bubbles of water fall back into the water. The outburst of delight reminded her of her own first successes in trial and error involving magic. The delight quickly turned to worry when the woman finally spotted her watching. The witch kept her composure as she sighed again.

"I doubt you have much to worry about yet," she replied cooly, "If they thought such a minor ability was a concern, they would have known about it already. Practice all you like." Unfortunately, Kanoe was sure the staff or worse NICE labs would eventually show more attention to her growing powers. But there was no need to worry, at least she will have an opportunity to watch another student's unique power.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:15 pm

I looked at the woman for a time curiously. It took me a little time to adjust my mentality from panic. The staff had been quite clear, no more experiments on myself before trying it with mice.

"Minor ability? This is kinesis it's a pretty important discovery....... if I can figure out how I harness it exactly."

I nervously laughed at that of course, I honestly had to admit, I had no idea at all how I managed it still can't figure it out honestly even if I can do it over and over again.

I again turned to the water raising the small bubbles with a bit of a struggle and merging them into a larger one. my focus allowed me to shift it's shape into various 3 dimensional figures. After I'd weakly managed a double helix the water fell again and I gripped my forehead before wiping my nose. A single drop of blood trickled down.

"Ugh... my head..."

I shook my head gently and pulled out a bottle and popped a pill, simple tylonol. After I composed myself and cleaned up that bit of blood I looked to the woman and weakly smiled.

"Might I ask why you're wearing that?"

I motioned to the school swim suit, I didn't have one and had never seen one before since I had arrived.

Jessica The Hunter

Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:05 am

"What ever you may be doing, I doubt modern medicine will help with the after effects," she replied, "And I am wearing a swimsuit because I may perhaps be swimming today."

What a silly question. But she at least learned a bit more about the woman's ability. Kinesis is matters of the mind. It was not the first time she encounter someone with a unique mental ability. Mental abilities or psionics just seemed weird to the witch. While her powers channeled the very flow of mana itself, kinetics relied purely on mental force. It was like her own powers focused on the very fabrics that make the element or object while this woman focused more on the object. Hmm... perhaps that may be the cause of the woman's discomfort.

"Even I can see you are pushing too hard and too fast," she replied as she pulled out a bottle of sunscreen, her hands glide over her smooth curves of bare skin as she continued to speak, "You cannot take proper notes if you do not take smaller steps. First you should develop a stronger base before moving on to more advanced manipulations. Focus on controlling more water once you develop a feel of the forces used, then try to make your little shapes," she closed her eyes as she ran the sunscreen over her neck, "At least then you would reduce your nosebleeds. Or at least that is my theory."

Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:19 am

"Swimming? In such a scant outfit? isn't that a bit dangerous?"

I myself went swimming in a wet suit then. one of those full body things the surfers used, the bikini bottom I wore then was just in care i fell into a river or something while doing my studies.

I listened to the lecture sighing softly nodding faintly as well.

"I suppose I should go slower... I was just over excited by actually making headway into this finally.."

Again I shifted a little onto my knees. I had little idea on what exactly I was thinking going so fast; especially when I had begun getting a faint headache just moving the water at first.

"Are you seriously planning on going swimming in that? I wear underwear less revealing than that."

Yes... I did, I wore panties that looked like shorts and a bra that might as well have been a shirt to bed. I looked to the sand for a moment then to my notebook wher eI quickly jotted down the theory of the woman and the nose bleed, I also wiped the blood on a slide i pulled from my pocket, deciding to check for abnormalities.

Jessica The Hunter

Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:31 am

"Scant? Dangerous?" she blinked at how ridiculously conservative this woman was, "Compared to the school uniforms, I doubt this is much worse. Even I would feel silly wearing something more than a one piece." Besides the it being tight around the top, the one piece navy swimsuit seemed rather reasonable which was surprising with this school. And any dangers she may come across at the beach would tear away her clothing no matter how much she had on anyway.

"But if you must continue to stare and judge, perhaps turning your gaze would suffice," she smirked faintly, "Perhaps that is another reason for your difficulty, you seem rather uptight or even a tense. Or maybe you are just trying much too hard and looking at the problem incorrectly."

She shrugged slightly as she pulled her hair back behind her shoulders. The dark witch rose to her as she began to stretch gently. Though not fond of bright areas, the warm sun upon her body was slightly refreshing. This woman seemed a little too uptight for her taste. But the focus on growing a special ability was admirable. Too bad the woman just could not loosen up some.

"I believe I have bothered you and taken enough of your time," she said simply, "As I said before, I did come here to swim afterall." With that Kanoe stepped into the softly crashing waves. Swimming as a private joy of hers. Having to exercise more by Natsuki's direction, she found herself feeling refreshed when she dove and floated in the deep waters.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:52 am

it was nice to have someone talk to me, let alone notice me, I did shift my gaze though as she had asked though. I shifted to my feet now and stretched my arms behind my head.

"I guess I just don't understand why someone would expose so much of themselves to others... I didn't mean to be rude Sorry!"

I spoke in a calm tone to her, I always did my best to try and be polite now, at least when i was first meeting someone. Of course when I was called uptight I blinked slightly at the remark. Did I really come off as uptight? I mean, I was absorbed in my work. It was my passion in life, and in fact my only pleasure.

when she said she thought she had taken enough of my time I shook my head slightly.

"Am I really uptight? could I ask how so?"

It was then I noticed she had begun to swim. I looked out quietly sighing to myself again hoping she had heard me. I didn't like the term uptight used to describe me, It seemed quite... unappealing.

Jessica The Hunter

Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:11 am

Kanoe only faintly heard the question as she disappeared into the depths of the ocean. In a way, asking the question only proved her observation. The witch was familiar with such things and could even call herself the same title a year or two ago. She always had an almost fanatical focus in her magic along with a desire to keep composure and appearance. She still had this sort of look on life but she at least knows when to loosen up and relax.

The student on the beach on the other hand seemed to have the question 'is this right?' running over and over through that little head of hers. A perfectionist to the extreme and with purely conservative beliefs along with it. It really was a pity, the woman was probably rather attractive behind the countless layers of clothing.

She swam for a bit before her body broke the surface of the water a final time. The water cascades down her glistening form as she slowly made her way back to shore. The witch smiled faintly at seeing the woman still there. Was the woman still dwelling on the question? For now, Kanoe will act as if the question was unheard and sit down on the towel she layed out.

"Any progress?" she asked.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:40 am

I made a mental note of how she appeared as she left the water. The appearance was probably part of the reason girl's wore things like that, or so I assumed anyway, I never thought that it might just be comfortable.
When she asked if I had made any progress I shook my head.

"I'm finding it a little hard to focus... I uhm... you called me uptight... I was wondering... uhm... how do you mean?"

I sounded rather noticeably unnerved by it even my gaze shifted to the floor as I shifted my weight from foot to foot carefully.

"Oh... uhm... could I possibly ask your name? I'm Erica."

I offered politely deciding perhaps having names would help us chat a little better. I don't know why but, This woman was rather intriguing and was perhaps the most talkative of the women I'd met that wore clothing like this anywhere.

Jessica The Hunter

Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:14 am

"Hmm?" she smirked slyly at the woman as she pulled her hair back behind her shoulders, "My name is Kanoe. Pleased to meet you, Erica."

The witch began stretching once more. She took her time flexing her lithe body and stretching her muscles. Working out was never a thing she was into before but it did feel good to be healthy and strong physically as well as mentally. Kanoe kept her eyes to the sea as she replied to the hesitant question. "Well you already answered what I mean with that question and statement," she began, "Since I mentioned my observation, you made no progress in anything else as you kept wondering what is wrong with yourself. I suppose the simplest way to say it is your own urge to maintain your perfect outlook of yourself is creating your flaw. It may even be clouding your reason and ability to use your kinetic ability but I am not a psychic so I cannot say for sure."

"Why are you so concerned about my observation?" she returned a question of her own, "Does it bother you that a complete stranger sees something that she believes to be a flaw?"

Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:29 am

I hadn't actually thought of it that way before, but I could certainly see her point of view now that I thought of it for a few moments. Everything she said seemed to make perfect sense to m, I couldn't help but feel even more bothered by it now it was a strange feeling to have not noticed something... especially about myself.
I sighed when she was finished and shook my head.

" A pleasure to meet you as well... as for why it bothers me..."

I paused to think it over for a few moments again I found nothing.

"I'm not sure why it bothers me so much it just does... That's the only answer I can offer I'm afraid Kanoe."

I gently sighed again as I stood there legs crossed at the ankle perfectly even in the combat boots. I shivered a little before looking up at her for the first time since I had began talking with her and painted in great detail on my face was the bother I felt from her observation.

Jessica The Hunter

Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:44 am

The look on Erica's face said it all. Trying to be perfect so hard it causes one to be imperfect. The thought must be driving the little thinker up a wall. It was not even considered a flaw in most people's opinion. One can just have that sort of personality. It would be like saying having brown or black hair is a flaw. The girl just needed to relax more. An odd thing to think of when she herself had plenty of worries and problems to deal with.

But the troubled look on the woman's face was amusing so she might as well offer to help this one. The student was gifted afterall. "Well if it bothers you so much, perhaps you should work on changing it," she said simply, "Being so uptight on the details will only make you lose sight of the bigger picture. But since I mentioned it, would you like help in relaxing? If you learn to loosen up some, perhaps I can continue giving you more insight in your little ability of yours? That is only if you are interested and willing. If you are too uptight to take the advice, I will not waste my time teaching you."

She was unsure what to expect from this woman. Was Erica attacked by monsters already? Part of her wonders if that would even change anything in the calculating woman. Oh well. It did not matter. The girl was amusing so she might as well see if anything can make her tick.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:57 am

I listened to her eyes shifting gently to the ground again. I suppose maybe I was just bothered mainly by the fact that being uptight might hinder my work somehow. I shivered then before nodding to Kanoe. Still not sure why I decided to see how she might be able to assist me with that problem.

"If it will help me further myself and my work then I suppose it couldn't hurt anything it could even be an interesting experience to have, god only knows I need more of those in my life."

I spoke with a completely calm, calculating, serious tone that entire time and I would look to her adjusting my hair a little and my glasses before taking a long deep breath to reassure myself that she wasn't going to try and get me to do something completely and utterly insane or reckless.

"Thanks Beforehand though Kanoe."

That was spoken with a kind cool tone that seemed more relaxed than anything I'd said the entire time thus far.

Jessica The Hunter

Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:09 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next