View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:30 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Discovery (For Kanoe) 

Post Re: Discovery (For Kanoe)
"You suppose is not enough," she sighed as she rose to her feet, "Relaxing is not a silly calculation. How will you ever be able to move more than a few drops of water if you cannot even let your mind rest for a second? You cannot just start thinking about relaxing, you simply do it. Even animals have the basic instincts to rest themselves."

"Now since we are at the beach," she looked back with a faint smile, "Lets go for a swim. You will need to shed a few layers of clothing though."

Erica should not thank her yet. They had yet to anything. At least this woman was not a pure goody good or religious sort, those were more troublesome in getting them to lighten up. But it was already appearing difficult with this woman. She did not mind someone who used their brain for once but this woman seemed to use little beyond raw knowledge and logic. Hopefully the little carrot about the woman's kinetic abilities would help get this woman moving and compliant.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:23 am

"Then I'll just do it then."
Was what I said first, heck even the idea of a nice swim sounded nice to me though then came the idea of undressing a little. That made me shiver just a little. Simply put... I wasn't comfortable with my body at all. of course I rationalized beauty as useless back then.

I took a simple breath then brushing my neck for a few moments looking down at myself before nervously undoing the first few buttons of my outermost top before I simply undid the garment and slipped it off before untying my boots and kicking them off before finally slipping off the cargo pants. After I folded them I slipped off my simple t-shirt printed with the skulls an skeletal wings I had liked in my earlier teens and then the simple blue knit shorts I wore.

That left me in an opaque camisole top, a deep ocean blue, it was quite long on me looking a bit like a short dress, and black bike shorts.

"You should know... I don't have my swim suit with me."

Alice: Dozen girls, one body
Krystal Neo-cyte; The Chimera Erica Scorned
Jessica The Hunter

Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:46 am

Easier said than done came to mind as she watched Erica struggle within herself about removing a few layers of clothing. Monsters would no doubt have a field day with this one. The student stopped about halfway through the numerous layers of clothing. Well this was a start. At least the woman will not sink when she steps into the water.

"Not wearing a swimsuit and you came all the way out here?" she shook her head, "Oh well. It matters little. But with such attire, you could find small bodies of water in the forest. Stop being so nervous, there is hardly anyone out here with us. You have already seen my body so me seeing yours should not be an issue. Now come along. I trust you can at least swim a little."

Kanoe turned and moved towards the water. She looked back briefly to ensure that Erica was at least following her. Did this woman live her entire life like this? She was in no position to ask such since her past was not exactly relaxing either. The witch would offer her hand if Erica had difficulty moving through the water but she would lead the woman until they were at least neck deep in the water.

"Since the topic of clothes makes your nervous," she began, "Is water the only thing you can move with your mind or can you move solids as well?"

Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:28 pm

"Of course I can swim...I used to love to swim, heck I used to surf."

Used to before I had learned what I had thought was the purpose of being; advancing science and human knowledge. I followed Kanoe to the water with a somewhat tense looking stride, it was how I walked, even more so since arriving here. I couldn't help but look over my shoulder at the forests hearing an odd voice laughing, a very quiet voice though no one was there. Even heard a voice from the beach where no one was now and then. I didn't mention anything because Well, It did label me as insane hearing voices didn't it?

"Well I theorize I can eventually develop it to other things but, for now since I've only begun to harness human mental potential, I can only manage liquids, the atoms aren't too densely packed and not too scattered."

I paused then taking a breath and shaking my head slightly.

"And really it's not the clothes that make me nervous. It's just that I was taught it's not appropriate to undress in front of people."

Jessica The Hunter

Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:05 pm

She found it hard to believe this woman surfed. Erica was being a bit more open so she no reason to hinder the flow with questions. The student did seem a bit nervous, looking around as if someone were watching. She knew the feeling well but they were safe at least for now.

So water was the limit? Though it was only small droplets right now, the element of water can grow into a force to be reckoned with. But only if such a power can grow. Things would be easier if the island did not effect human powers.

"If it was just a matter of undressing infront of me, you would not be wandering around wearing so many layers of clothes," she said with a sly smirk, "But I will not pry further or at least not yet. If you are focused on controlling water, I am a bit shocked you have not bother tried manipulating it while in water. Would it not be easier to feel changes when the water is all around you? The fact you are so hesitant to just go into the water shows this is hindering your growth."

"So lets focus on something small. Yes, water is made up of atoms but what it is made up in smaller units is molecules," she said calmly, "Try to focus on just what makes up the water here then focus further, picking out what it is you wish to manipulate. Do not push too hard though, nose bleeds will not help anyone and it would stain your pretty face."

Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:41 pm

After she finished I had wanted to tell her that atoms were technically smaller but, I decided it best not to be rude to someone that wished to help me. I nodded simply to her, but when she mentioned pretty face I couldn't help but sigh slightly. I decided not to argue with her about that against what I believed to be true, I knew it could end badly in the end. So if it made her feel better about it, She could try to make me feel better about myself through a lie or two. That's how my mind worked then anyway.

"I guess I never really thought about trying it in the water I assumed it would be more difficult."

I said softly with a bit of a nervous laugh. I shrugged slightly scratching my neck my feet shifting uncomfortably on the sand in my socks. I pondered on it for awhile.

"I thought it would just be better to try removing some from a large source rather than work on the large source directly."

Jessica The Hunter

Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:55 pm

"Have you ever tried lifting a heavy object with your arms fully extended?" she asked, "It is the same concept. The closer to your body, the more control you will have and it will be easier to focus your strength. And..." Her finger gently lifts Erica's chin, "Stop doubting yourself. You even doubt your own appearance. So many questions and so much negativity is why I say you are uptight dear. I said that you are pretty because you are. I have no gain for lying about it silly girl."

"Now then," she swam around the woman a bit, "Are you actually going to try or keep claiming you cannot do it. I do not recall that being the way science and experiments work."

This woman was more negative than she was and that did take some effort to do. The student reminded her of a less annoying version of Violett. Oh well, she will continue for a bit longer and if the woman is still sulking in her own belittling then she will find something more productive to do.

Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:05 pm

I couldn't help but blush faintly when she touched my chin; I wasn't use to being touched at all, anywhere, I kept myself distant from people physically. I wouldn't argue with her if her opinion was honest.

"You're right, science is about trial and error for the most part. I just hope none of the staff learns about this they made me sign legal documents promising never to experiment on myself without at least three months of trials on animals."

I nervously laughed as I knelt down and slipped off my socks before stepping calmly as I could into the water. taking a few breaths. At least I knew I wouldn't get uncomfortably wet since I wore that bikini bottom over my panties, but still.... I wasn't used to being this undressed when going for a swim.

"so right lets see never had to calm my mind while swimming."

Jessica The Hunter

Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:21 pm

"You are not experimenting on yourself. You are experimenting on water," she replied cooly, sighing softly when the woman finally managed to get into the water. The woman's nervous laugh as not reassuring. This was becoming more and more troublesome. Kanoe was never patient with strangers. Even complete beginners have taken faster steps in wishing to learn more about supernatural abilities.

"Calm your mind while swimming?" she shakes her head, "So you are saying you are always tense even while in motion? No wonder you get nosebleeds all the time. Stop trying to think calming yourself is a math problem and just do it. Relax in the water, you can even lay back and float in it if you like. If you cannot even make yourself calm down and quit questioning everything involving yourself, you will never have the focus necessary to do much of anything."

"You do not even have to worry about moving the water right now, just at least swim and try to loosen up some," she swam backwards away from the shore.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:42 am

"Well not really so much tense, I used to swim to help me think. It'll be a bit tough to get passed that habit."

I told here as I simply began to let myself drift gently parallel to the beach. a familiar feeling passed me and I spoke to no one, well then I thought it was no one. In all honesty I was talking to seaweed.

"Yeah I guess Swimming is meant to relax, but should you really call me an idiot for not being able to do that?"

Of course I even sounded a bit more calm than before as I took the plant's advice of just letting myself go into my thoughts, My thoughts i found, really was what relaxed me in the long run anyway.

"Hey Kanoe, just sort of occured to me. why do you seem interested in me being able to manipulate water?"

Jessica The Hunter

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:31 am

"I do not recall calling you one," she replied simply, giving the woman a slightly confused look. Well at least Erica was relaxing some. Despite the many questions, the witch did believe this would make the kinesis easier to channel. That is assuming this student channeled her powers in a similar fashion as her own. It was doubtful that power is easier to channel when uptight and tense, just did not make sense to her.

Kanoe smiled faintly at the question for her reason for helping. "Well," she layed back, floating in the water as her black hair spreads out along the surface, "It would be disappointing if one had a gift they could never develop. Also, this island has many dangers and it could be useful if more students were able to defend themselves with these unique gifts. If it bothers you, I can leave you be if you like."

Of course there were other smaller reasons. It helped pass the time. Meeting another gifted student gave them something in common to speak of. An opportunity to learn a bit about other students in the school. Kanoe was not the most social of people but she did take opportunities to meet those she found interesting.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:34 am

It made sense, I got that sort of way when someone had a problem with their work in science. I glanced around then a little curiously.

"Uhm... sorry I could have sworn someone else was talking to me..."

I said simply shaking my head as I floated there wishing that I could get a massage like my friend used to offer me i coudln't help but blink as the water shifted softly against my calves, I laughed a little at that before I looked to Kanoe.

"You're right it is a lot easier when I'm in the water."

I stopped the water around my legs and tried to get the water to massage Kanoe's legs a little to let her know what I meant.

Jessica The Hunter

Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:13 pm

Kanoe blinked again as the woman mumbles about other people or things talking to her. Well she had no room to talk. Practicing the dark arts brought all sorts of strange voices in her head though they were or at least she hopes they are her own. The suddent laugh kept the witch wondering if there was something wrong with Erica.

She suddenly gasps and kicks her legs as she felt something rubbing up against her legs. The witch looked into the water to see that there was nothing there. "Hmph.." she huffed quietly to herself before speaking to the other woman, "Well seems it is going alot easier and you have yet to have any blood spilled. How does it feel? I do hope this is helping your abilities at least a little."

Erica did seem much calmer and less nervous than before. The woman even seemed to be lightening up some from what the light laughter showed. Perhaps the nudges from the witch helped this one open up a bit more which was a strangely pleasant feeling when most tend to edge away from her dark mood.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:47 pm

I nodded to her pleasently as I floated there with a soft smile on my face. It was nice, I hadn't felt this relaxed since I left home... That day still haunts me to today, but I digress.

"sorry Guess I should have warned you about that, didn't think it would scare you."

I appologised simply brushing my hand over my flat stomach simply and quietly.

"Don't even have to focus much at all when I'm in the water i just think it and it happens."

I told her as I made the water bubble a bit around myself. It was kind of fun, it made me decide to revive my old persona at some point, I had brought Leria's clothes after all... and the school did have an internet internally and externally... and I did know how to make my tracks untraceable.

"So, Kanoe, Can I ask if you can do anything special? I mean you sort of have to since you know so much."

Jessica The Hunter

Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 pm

"Its fine," she replied softly, "Just too familiar to feeling something grab me while in water." Or grab her period she thought to herself. Erica seemed like a completely different person now. No longer constantly worried about appearances or worrying about answers. Seemed her theory was working out if the woman could manipulate water this easily.

"I am glad your ability is working easier," she said with a faint smile as she continued to float beside the woman, "But it will grow more difficult when you try it outside of your element. So use this time to learn how water moves around you and how you can direct its flow."

The witch expected the question of her abilities eventually. As mysterious as she wanted to be, it would not be right to hold too many secrets from this student after going this far. "Well I suppose it is only fair," she replied, "I am still a novice but I am what people may consider a witch. I can channel and manipulate the world around me through the use of magic." She was unsure how much Erica had heard of her. There were already plenty of rumors going around about her lifestyle as a witch. Only the school staff and her closest lovers knew any details about her abilities.

Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:11 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next