View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:41 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Unexpected Tutor (Vera) 

Post Re: Unexpected Tutor (Vera)
She backed away from the angel, smoothing her uniform as she looked at the continuing spells. Sighing softly, she finally gave in to the offer. "Very well, you may give me a magic lesson," she replied, "But if necessary, I will end the lesson and will ask you to leave if you try anything." Vera knew she need not explain what 'anything' was to a monster. Whether angelic, demonic, or alien, the creatures on this island were here for a very specific reason and they all involved the female body.

"What would you like to teach me, mister?" She had yet to receive a name from this being. Obviously the angel already knew who she was and perhaps even her position here in the school. So she was already at a disadvantage socially as well as physically and magically. Vera briefly rubs her arms, still feeling the tingling static of energy of his mana leaving her body. Her body was almost craving for the feeling again. A truly frightening effect he had on her.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:34 pm

Location: Either flying through the sky or in the Thousand Blossom Garden.
Seraph looks hurt when Vera states that if he tries anything she would end the lesson and ask him to leave. His voice is slightly annoyed when he responds Have I once tried to do 'anything' to you? You were aroused and had collapsed in my arms, and yet I did nothing but support you until you choose to stand. I can see quite clearly, in your body and your soul, just how much affect what I consider waste mana has on you. Yet I do nothing directly at you, in fact I offer to help you. And in return for all this, for trying to be friendly, I get suspicion and distrust. If I wanted that response I would just take what I want, not offer my knowledge.

Seraph waves his hand and the spells behind him cease. As it does so his face returns to its normal neutral expression, and when he speaks his voice is plain and neutral. However given the circumstances of this place I think I can forgive the insult, at least once. As for my name Seraph will do. As for the lesson itself, I may have a mastery of magic, but I am not you, and as such your magic is unknown to me. Whatever you feel is your weakest part of your magic, whatever you think should be checked for inefficiencies, tell me and I will go over it and offer what I know.

For those in space Yautja is on the prowl for new trophies

For a list of my chars go to here

Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:53 pm
Profile YIM

The Head Girl showed no remorse for what was said. She was direct and clear on what she expects. For a being to take offense of that on this island is like a monster being offended by someone pointing out it has tentacles. Whether it was kindness or not, the objective will always remain the same. Vera knew the island well enough to gather that much.

Seems the questions were just being returned to her. For a powerful being, he claimed to know little about Vera's magic. Fine, she will just pick the topic herself and get on with this. A Head Girl is a busy woman afterall.

"There is no real way to measure weakness here with the dampeners," she answered, "So I will continue to practice the basics of mana control until a time comes when my abilities are needed. Please teach me a lesson in mana control, Seraph." Hopefully that will make the tests in the labs go smoother in the future.

Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:36 pm

Very well. With that the air around Seraph and Vera shifts and to the naked eye it almost looks as if the air is becoming part liquid. Seraph had actively increased the amount of mana he was releasing, and shifted it until it was exclusively either light or shadow winds. In short, he and Vera were surrounded by mana that was designed to be used for her magic. I will not control your spell, although if it does go out of control I will counter it to prevent injury. Pick a spell and only cast it for a few seconds.

It sounds simple, but Seraph knows it will be harder than she thinks. No doubt Vera will have the same problem as Kanoe did, and automatically assume she should use as much mana as possible. In this situation, such an action would guarantee the spell going wild. In the likely event of that occurring Seraph readied a counter-spell that would completely dispel anything Vera cast.

He doesn't really expect her to be able to pull this off, at least initially. He is more interested in watching how she draws mana in, how she binds it to her words and gestures, and how she lets it flow out. Any being who assumes that teaching magic is simple or easy is a fool. He knows just how dangerous a little bit of knowledge is, and as such moves as slowly as possible to ensure the safety of those he is teaching.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:46 am
Profile YIM

Vera nodded once to show she heard and understood the instructions. Closing her eyes, she began to chant once more as rays of light began to appear and bend into various angles and shapes. The spell was active but she had little time to actually do anything with it. But with what time she did have she guided the lights with her hands, letting the beams of light trail from her hands.

When the few seconds ran out, the Head Girl opened her eyes and released the spell. Unlike other gifted students, she was disciplined and only channeled what was needed. Though it was a bit more than needed due to the dampeners filtering her powers.

She sighed softly as she looked to Seraph once more. "A few seconds, like you said," she replied. The woman was unsure what this being saw when she channeled but hopefully there would be something to help her improve her skills.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:16 pm

Seraph was impressed. He really hadn't expected her to have that much control, her technique was fairly 'tight' and she seemed to come very close to the minimal amount of mana required for a spell.

Of course he could still see areas to improve upon, the fact she had to close her eyes was one, and her need to constantly chant was a second. Both those areas would be crippling if she ever had to use magic in an emergency, even more so considering light and shadow magic mostly relied on 'constant' spells, as opposed to 'burst' spells such as fireballs. Although the two problems were probably contributing factors to her control they were bad habits to fall into. He would address the issues one at a time, and depending on how long they took he might have time to teach her some more. First the constant chanting.

Liborium. At the word a sword made of light shimmered into existence and floated between the two, the handle pointing at Vera and the blade pointed at Seraph. To maintain a constant spell such as this you do need to keep chanting, but the only words that must be said out loud are the initial casting. Once cast the maintaining can be done purely in your head. Try the same spell, but don't say anything the moment the light appears. If it helps you can move your mouth and tongue, just don't make a noise. Repeat the words in your mind, in your soul, and let them echo into your magic.

As Seraph finishes talking he turns the mana into the easily controllable state that caused Vera to white out earlier. This isn't about testing her control, instead it was teaching her a new technique, and having to struggle to control mana would not help in that regard. At least yet.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:34 pm
Profile YIM

The angel showed no signs if he approved or disapproved her ability. The explanation about the chanting seemed reasonable enough though. It would do little good if she must constantly chant until she ran out of breath during a stressful situation. Repeating the incantation just in her mind and spirit? Does that actually work? Come to think of it, perhaps in the future such a skill could reach the point of never having to verbally chant the incantations at all. Something useful to think about if she were gagged or otherwise muted.

Once the light blade deformed into a pure mana, she assume it was to be her turn again. Vera once more closed her eyes. She began the incantation, forming the beams of light. But the moment she stopped verbally chanting the beams began to lose shape and nearly unraveled.

This was as difficult as she thought it would be. It is like telling an ordinary human to pick something up but do not use her hands. Sweat glistened her brow as Vera concentrated even harder. Usually she kept a clear mind when channeling mana. But with this method she had to actively think about something and not let it distract her focus on the flow of lights.

She assumed it was a few seconds again, not that she would have lasted much longer. The lights burst as she released the spell and the woman took a long deep breath to help regain her composure. "It is... difficult." she said finally.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:16 pm

It is also necessary. Light and Shadow spells are generally continuous. By that I mean you have to maintain them over a period of time, as opposed to just the casting incantation. While they actually use require less mana to cast and maintain, they are harder to learn to use in any helpful form outside of meditation. But for any school the ability to silent cast is fairly useful. As if to prove a point Seraph goes motionless for a second and suddenly a ball of fire appears in front of him for a moment before vanishing.

Voice and gestures are not needed, they simply serve as points of focus, they allow you to focus and manipulate mana easier. That is all. You remember how easy it was to use a spell before. when you got overwhelmed by mana? I am doing the same to the mana here, the difficulty you are feeling is only from the technique. Try again, the spell held so you must have some memory of exactly what you did to achieve that fragment of control. Just focus on that fragment, and when you understand that expand that knowledge to the rest of the spell. Don't worry, your doing fine. In fact I was surprised you have as much control over mana as you do, from my meetings with magic using students I was expecting a lot less control. Seraph offers her a smile of reassurance and he nods once, encouraging her to continue.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:37 pm
Profile YIM

The Head Girl gave a slight bow to the compliment. Seems she was on the right track though not entirely sure what she did. And she was supposed to focus on the very fragment she was unsure about. Oh well. Step by step, she will just gradually improve as the suggestion seems to involve that strategy.

Her spells and mana tended to be rather focused and controlled so NICE labs could measure and test its effects more accurately. It would do no good to blow up electronics and instruments before they could gather data afterall. Vera smoothed her uniform as she prepared to begin once more.

She continued to use the same spell as a control and measure of progress. Just like before, she chanted first then went silent as she repeated the words in her head. The beams of light continued to waver as she tried her best to keep the flow of mana steady. The strain was already apparent on Vera's face as she continued to guide the lights on their route around her body. The Head Girl progressed only a little bit further than before when the lights began to unravel and eventually splintered into glittering shards of light raining all around her.

Vera pants softly as she leaned forward. This lesson was growing tiring. But it was still a small learning experience.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:48 pm

Vera is improving, she managed to maintain the spell for a little longer than before. But Seraph doesn't think she could manage it without him controlling the mana around her. He considers her improvement between the two castings, and overlays it onto the technique itself and what is required.

If she continues at this pace Seraph will no doubt lose his patience with this and grow bored, and he didn't really feel like taking Vera, at least at the moment. But that means he has to speed up her leaning somehow, he has to find a way to describe a technique that was simply ingrained knowledge for him. He could think of only one way to do that.

As she pants softly and leans forward Seraph reaches forward and his hand touches her forehead, and a surge of energy flows through her, invigorating her body and pushing back the weariness she is feeling. Without breaking the physical link his voice starts a chant identical to the one she was doing, and he can see the surprise in her soul when her own voice matches his word perfect. When they both fall silent and he maintains the spell mentally rather than with words she to does the same. The lights twist and twirl around themselves as Seraph draws the spell out for nearly a minute to give her a chance to fully understand just how he was doing that before he pulls his hand back and the two spells end.

Try again.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:11 pm
Profile YIM

The Head Girl heard the angel's footsteps and was raising her gaze when the being's hand pressed to her forehead. Her body jolts much like if she were a car being jumpstarted. Energy and mana flowed back into her body dispelling any fatigue she may have had. It was an impressive effect but seemed to have a side effect to it.

Vera found her lips moving, saying the incantation again though that was never her intention. She stood up but could not move as the chant finished and lights flash about both their bodies. In her thoughts she could herself chanting the words over and over again. Her mind could not think of anything else but the spell as she weaved the lights around her.

Only when the spell ended did Vera find herself able to move again. She stumbled backwards as she gazed at the angel. "Please, do not do that again..." she replied quickly, obviously shaken by the show of power over her. Her jaw clenched at the order she was given. What choice did she have? Shaking her head, she closed her eyes and tried her best to follow the steps that she just walked with Seraph's guidance. Perhaps this time would fair better.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:35 am

Seraph was silent as she tried to cast the spell again, and as he saw the effect he smiled. She seemed to still be struggling a little to maintain it, but for the most part she had the technique. That last little challenge would be because her mana, and her spell casting, was different to his, was different to everyone's in fact. Each spell caster was unique in how they channelled, and while they could still be classified into groups their would always be slight differences. Her last struggle would simply be adapting Seraph's technique to match her spell casting. He saw no reason to keep going over this technique with her, the last little bit would be achieved through constant practice which he did not have the patience to watch.

However when she re-opened her eyes his smile was gone and he sighed in annoyance. How do you explain breathing to something that does not breathe? How do you explain taste to something that cannot taste? Some things cannot really be explained, and if I hadn't taken steps to show you what worked by the time you figured it out I would be bored, and I'm sure you are capable of working out just how I would alleviate that boredom. I assumed you would prefer I show you a proper technique rather than do that, but if I am wrong in that regard please tell me.

He smiled briefly at her before his face became serious again as he continued Or we could simply progress onto another technique. I'm curious, how do you expect to use magic without being able to visualise the world around you?

Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:58 am
Profile YIM

Vera's eyes narrow at his explanation. This monster was very obsessive in trying to not look like the bad guy. The mention of boredom was not helping his case any either. The student crossed her arms infront of her chest the shards of light continue to fall and disapate around her.

"Well if this is such a bother for you, you may leave then," she replied cooly, "Powerful being or not, you apparently are bored so perhaps there is another student out there that can provide you with entertainment." Though she knew her role in the school being a student, Vera was not about to sit back and be talked down to someone who is merely doing all this on some sort of whim. If he is bored then he can leave and find something else to do, preferably not in her room.

She did not bother answering the questioning about seeing. This was practice and focusing on technique. The woman had no real target to look at so closing her eyes to focus on the spell itself was of no real issue. Vera sighed and waited for whatever defensive outburst this angel may have next.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Seraph cocked his head at Vera's words Now why would I waste the time to go somewhere else when their is something that promises to be very entertaining standing right in front of me? That makes no sense at all. He is genuinely confused by her words, what incentive did he have to go elsewhere? Why would he take someone else rather than her? He would admit that he found her very presence entertaining, but not by enough for him to go to the effort of finding another student to properly entertain him.

Seraph starts to walk closer, and as he does so the spells behind him fade away and the mana around Vera seems to move around with more intensity across her skin. Seraph can see it slowly saturating her body, he doesn't even need to do anything and already Vera's arousal is growing.

Now though I am curious, do you enjoy the feeling of being raped so much that you deliberately provoke me when I try and avoid such an action? I am sorry for not living up to your expectations, I suppose I should rectify the situation. Since Vera's arousal grows every time Seraph takes a step forward he wonders if she will actually work out what is causing the sensation, or simply assume his words are true. He doubts she will however, but the hope remains.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:24 pm
Profile YIM

The woman's expression did not change as he spoke about matters of entertainment. Instinctfully, she began to back away as the angel stepped closer. Gradually the distance shrank and the flow of mana began to seep into her body once more. Again the effects began to surface. Her skin grew more and more sensitive even beyond what she experienced before. Every breath was noticable to her body. Her breathing grew deeper as her skin began to glisten with sweat. Not now, not again.

The man was still moving closer but Vera was now backed up against a wall. Her body shivered as he continued to speak of being raped. The woman could feel her body changing. Her breasts ached, needing to be touched and relieved. Her sex itched, needing to be filled. But the Head Girl continued to resist and shook her head quickly.

"You're... What are you doing to me?" she gasped as she wrapped her arms around her chest which only added more pressure to her sensitive orbs, "You know I don't want this! This is just your power... Using your magic on me..."

Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:23 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next