View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Saira Nejem, New Student, Archaeologist-in-Training 

Post Saira Nejem, New Student, Archaeologist-in-Training
Hey hey, it's a new student! Edits in this green! It's (still) trendy.

--=Basics=--

Name: Saira Nejem
Place of Birth: New York City, USA (Upper East Side)
Nationality: US Citizen
Ethnicity: Egyptian-Arabic

--=Physical=--

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Violet
Skin Tone: Olive
Full Description: Saira seems to have the air of a bookworm at first, wearing rather large metal-framed glasses, and often wearing a long thin beige overcoat and modest khaki or light earthtone pants. But... she seems to have a more exotic character to her underneath the mundane exterior, with her hair coming down in fancy waist-length waves, and colorful blouses with flowing abstract shapes all over them. A soft face with a slight angle, and well-defined curves all over her body merely add to the effect she has. All around her build is medium in size and actually rather shapely. Also, something that seems odd about her is how her body seems to always have some kind of seeming of motion, flow, or grace to it, as though her curves themselves flow into her movement...
Height: 5' 6"
Weight: ...Let's just say near average?
Bust: 37C

--=Biographical/Personal=--

Background: Saira's parents are both businesspeople, in charge of the US offices for a large Egyptian commodoties investment firm, leading to a rather exceedingly rich lifestyle for her. While she received only the very best education, a lot of things she wanted, and so on, Saira somewhat felt like something was missing at times. She could feel a sense of wanderlust build in her at times, and often dreamed of being an archaeologist, both because of her heritage, and (though she might be embarrassed to admit it) all those old adventure films about tombs and ancient ruins.
As she started to reach college age, Saira tried to get transferred out to a university in Cairo so she could become a student archaeological assistant, but her parents had another idea. Recently, a friend of theirs had come in, raving about this exotic finishing school - Shokushu or something - that most of HIS friends said was a great school to send their daughters too. While Saira would have rather been able to work at a dig site, she realized that her parents felt they had to give her education appropriate to her station, as it were. So she packed up her bags for the flight, not knowing the real nature of where she was headed...

Something ended up happening. Whether it was a viral contamination that required lab intervention, the actions of a monster, or... something more obscure, Saira has missed a lot of time. She has vague senses that she's been here before, some places where her memory can be jogged, but... it's fairly clear to an outside observer that something has been done. She's almost like a new student again, and in fact is even registered as one.

Personality: Mysterious but affable, Saira is the kind to seek out knowledge to solve the greatest mysteries... though at times she sometimes presents those mysteries instead. She is often adventurous, striking out to places on her own for sometimes hard-to-place reasons, or daring to do something few want to.
However, Saira also likes knowing things, reading things, finding things out, and poking at those little tiny details about stuff - often leading to long hours spent roaming from book to book, wiki article to wiki article, simply because her curiosity was piqued.
Lost time, all the lost time, has warped Saira a little bit. She's been 'cleaned out' to be a bit fresher after whatever made her leave and return, but there's still subconscious familiarity with people, places, the concept of monsters, sexuality... Maybe she might be able to pick up her investigations anew.

Language: Saira knows English, Arabic, Hebrew, and Latin, including archaic forms of those languages (redundant as that is in the case of Latin).
Likes: Things of archaeological or historical import, experimental electronic music, wilderness hiking.
Dislikes: Authorities or other forces getting in her way, soft or slow music, times where not much is happening.
Miscellaneous: Saira tends to read and write a lot, and hangs out very often in libraries. She is also at least mildly familiar with the internet, and is at least somewhat up on internet slang because of her interest in linguistics.
Sexuality: Saira knows a lot of things about sex, if only because she reads a lot of things, and hears the rest... but she hasn't ever actually had any sex before (for obviousness's sake - that means she arrived a virgin). So chances are she will be rather surprised at the first instance of it.

Special/Supernatural Qualities: Saira might be able to learn some supernatural abilities, but without training, she's functionally a normal human.

Last edited by Saira on Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:39 pm

Post Re: Saira Nejem, New Student, Archaeologist-in-Training
*waves waves* Welcome!

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:57 pm

Welcome Saira! Have an exciting first year. :)

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:06 am
Profile YIM

Ah.....the shcool is nothing but a great mystery...you've come to the right place...

Enjoy the discovery.

Cassie's Adventures Blog

Cala (Future Prefect)
Bio and adventures

Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:28 am
Profile WWW

Oh, you and Mags would get along quite well... =D>

Edit: As a particular Nal was known by another name...

Thoth ring a bell?

'Thine eyes unsleeping.'

(Interested Parties, PM. I don't bite. Mags has his ways...)

Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:53 pm

good names, i am thinking about bringing up my names i have from ancient Greece :P

Welcome to the campus, i would be glad to help you out if you need it. i am Dawn, you can find me on the 3rd floor of the Seniors dorm, 205.

Dawn Portman's Bio: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2908&p=48448#p48448
Dawn Portman's Personal Diary (Reading): viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3148

Student Of The Month, May 2004
SHS Cheerleading Squad Captain
SHS Swim Team Captain

Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:09 am

Thanks for all the welcomes!

And yes, yes, Thoth DOES ring a bell...

Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:17 am

Oh my, that avatar is so cute. o_o

Dendrite, irresistibly helpful tentacled alien! Message me to move your completed threads.

"You've got to be able to fuck when they can't."
--Jason Carter

As seen on Something Awful!

Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:48 pm

Thanks! It took a while to find it, and I know I was satisfied when I did. Good to hear other people agree.

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:45 am

i'm far beind on my welcoming so I'll welcome you first, love what I've seen from you so far =3

Tatiana Azevedo:

Raven

Darwin And Tatiana are Available for play, PM if you're interested

Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:13 am

My, my, such a nice bio. I really should check the new student area more. Welcome to the campus, I also agree that your avatar is very nice. Good choice and I plan to run into you at the libary quite a bit. I'm sure we would have a lot to talk about. ;)

Master Druid of the Berry Lin

My Bio- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=144

If you fancy an RP with my character do not hestitate ask. I'm always free.

Alliance Info- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=155

Alliance Membership List- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=576

Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:05 am

She's a peach

Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:28 am

Welcome !

Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:46 am
Profile YIM

Updated to reflect my IC explanation for being missing! I think it adds... weirdnesses (including, yes, powers, but it's related to the /drama/ anyway. Somewhat.) that make things a bit more interesting~

Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:15 pm

Love the updates. (And not just because you mention me. :D) It's a very good explanation as well as useful for future threads. Perhaps Saira should become a film star at the hands of Anagopt or Gambo. (Though the experiences would be wildly different. ;)) It might help her come out of her shell.

Once again, welcome back!

Bala - Hindi Girl (Student) ; Hitomi - Basement Queen (Student) ; Anagopt - Web Star (Student) ; Quagga - Zebra Girl (SFA) ; Keefa - (Gladiatrix) ; Gambo - Zombie (Monster) ; Fluffy - Pirate!! (SFA)

Author of the 1500th post in the original ~Corrupt a Wish~ thread in Trivial Pursuits. (1899 posts)
Author of the 1500th post in the second The Banned Game! thread in Trivial Pursuits.
=========+=====

Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next