View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Prefects and Head Girls? 

Post Prefects and Head Girls?
Kinda tired but figure I mention some things and ask a few questions.

First off, will there ever be opportunities for members to try out for a Head Girl position? So far it has been reserved for staff from what I have seen and most of them are on leave or otherwise inactive.

Also on the matter for Prefects, I know there is an application section for new students to put in their resume but I think it should be the other way around (or both ways). Since these positions are in high regard that only a few select are chosen, shouldn't it be the Head Girls that should be asking (or forcing, manipulating, etc) students to become their Prefect? This can be done simply by PMing the student of interest and asking. Then if the student wishes they can set up a thread involving offering the position.

I just wanted to bring this topic up mainly because it was put out months ago and a few Head Girls made their profiles but otherwise nothing much has been happening with them (a few threads with monsters but not much interaction with the student body yet). Granted people have real life issues and this is summer break for some people but I do not want this potential plot device to die out simply because we have no active members in those positions. Head Girls and Prefects are a great way to add another sort of force pulling the strings on the island, giving a feel that it's not just the monsters but the school itself doing whatever it can to ensure the students are being raped and 'tested'.

Once again sorry if my grammar is horrible. Nearly 1 am here and can't sleep. Thank you for your time.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Tue May 26, 2009 5:49 am

Post Re: Prefects and Head Girls?
Madison has asked for anyone that wants to RP to get with her. And I agree that the head girl might want to PM a few others to fill the ranks of the prefects, Good call.

Cassie's Adventures Blog

Cala (Future Prefect)
Bio and adventures

Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 pm
Profile WWW

Well in a school where threats of demerits and the infamous basement are common, the Head of Security would probably be the toughest Head Girl to approach as a student (only the most carefree would just go up and say hi to a head girl in my opinion). So I guess she could always pm people she thinks are worthy of punishment or her attention as well.

But still that's one out of what four five head girls? That gives very few options for someone who could want to be a Prefect. That's like voting but only having one name to choose from.

Tue May 26, 2009 2:20 pm

Kanoe wrote:
First off, will there ever be opportunities for members to try out for a Head Girl position? So far it has been reserved for staff from what I have seen and most of them are on leave or otherwise inactive.

Yes! Head Girl isn't a staff-specific position, though future HGs will most likely be chosen from the Prefects, except that, ya know, we don't currently have any.

Quote:
Also on the matter for Prefects, I know there is an application section for new students to put in their resume but I think it should be the other way around (or both ways). Since these positions are in high regard that only a few select are chosen, shouldn't it be the Head Girls that should be asking (or forcing, manipulating, etc) students to become their Prefect? This can be done simply by PMing the student of interest and asking. Then if the student wishes they can set up a thread involving offering the position.

In Character it would of course be the Head Girls picking their Prefects and training them and whatnot but personally I haven't pursued anyone OOC about it because, well, no one's shown any interest. I'd be hesitant to ask anyone who hasn't already volunteered since being a Prefect could involve some pretty major character changes over the course of play and not everyone would want to commit to that. There's also the fact that the majority of student characters tend to be pretty nice - they could be groomed by the HGs of course, but there's really no way to know who'd be interested in going that route without their players stating such OOC.

Quote:
I just wanted to bring this topic up mainly because it was put out months ago and a few Head Girls made their profiles but otherwise nothing much has been happening with them (a few threads with monsters but not much interaction with the student body yet). Granted people have real life issues and this is summer break for some people but I do not want this potential plot device to die out simply because we have no active members in those positions. Head Girls and Prefects are a great way to add another sort of force pulling the strings on the island, giving a feel that it's not just the monsters but the school itself doing whatever it can to ensure the students are being raped and 'tested'.

I completely agree that the positions aren't what they could be yet (partially my fault obviously, since my threads were derailed pretty badly at the end of the semester and I still don't have them all back to speed.)

Personally I try and incorporate Katya's status into any plots I can, but it's one of those things that completely depends on how much our partners want to go along with it. As for the student interaction, I think that issue will be at least partially resolved once we get some prefects in the mix. Short of running into random students while on patrol and handing out detentions, the Head Girls' most direct interaction is in controlling and manipulating their prefects.

Kanoe wrote:
Well in a school where threats of demerits and the infamous basement are common, the Head of Security would probably be the toughest Head Girl to approach as a student (only the most carefree would just go up and say hi to a head girl in my opinion). So I guess she could always pm people she thinks are worthy of punishment or her attention as well.

Personally I think detentions, at least in part, could be more of a backstory element - we don't always need a whole thread between a student & a Head Girl just for a detention slip to be handed out. I'd be totally fine with people using Katya as an excuse to kick off a thread in the basement, even if they don't want to play out the incident that got them the detention before hand.

Quote:
But still that's one out of what four five head girls? That gives very few options for someone who could want to be a Prefect. That's like voting but only having one name to choose from.

Katya would loooooove to have a little minion or five :D
Between my alts and my school-trouble last month I probably haven't looked very active though.

If anyone has any Head Girl or Prefect related plots I'd love to hear them, regardless of whether they'd be an active element or just a bit of background.
Hopefully people aren't afraid to approach me - Katya might be a manipulating, backstabbing bitch but I promise I'm usually much nicer :D

((edit)) Woo, that's a loooong post ^^;; Sorry, I'm jabber-prone ((/edit))

Tue May 26, 2009 11:51 pm
Profile WWW

No need to be sorry Katya! This is why this section is called Roleplaying Discussion afterall *nods nods*. Also good to see ya up and about again.

Your first point creates a vicious cycle. There are no Prefects cause there no active Head Girls (due to various reasons of course) and there are no new Head Girls because there are no Prefects hehe. That's why I say it should be something a Head Girl should pursue. I'm pretty sure all characters are having major character changes just being on the island with the rape and the monsters and tentacles. So having a student toy with them and perhaps coerce them to becoming a Prefect would almost feel like a vacation =P.

Of course not everyone is interested in their character delving deeper into the workings of the school. But that is why people have the option to refuse OOC. I don't know about everyone else but when I or someone else wishes to roleplay with Kanoe, student or monster, we usually discuss it a bit over pms before getting started. The same method can be done with a Head Girl "Do you want to start a thread?" "This character is interested in your student and is thinking of 'offering' a Prefect position. Are you interested? Y/N?" Or you can go a bit blind into it and see how you can make a student become your Prefect in the thread and accept whichever outcome may happen (they can still refuse in character as well).

It's just more vicious cycles really. There are no Prefects because the Head Girls do not seem interested or seeking and vice verse. Most students in character are not going to be interested in the position due to the fact most know about the monsters and the school refusing it's existence (that and some of the more cruel Head Girls could possibly be worse than a monster if annoyed enough =P). This does not mean they can't become Prefects. It just means it takes effort. I'm not going to put in an application when I see no Head Girls really interested in my student especially if they are already posting NPC Prefects instead. But that does not mean it's not possible. Head Girls can be selfish too you know and that's where the fun is. Not knowing if you can successfully toy, manipulate, threaten, or force a student to bend before your position and submit. And the student can either fight or give in or both just like if she were dealing with a monster.

Just tossing ideas about. I don't feel right when someone goes "Feel free to put in an application and I'll take it right up." It would feel more meaningful if it was done in character (with maybe asking OOC first if you don't mind killing some of the suspense). If I was to become a Prefect I would like it to be with someone who actually has a use for that character, not just another name on a checklist (not sure how else to describe it).

It's just another way for students to interact with each other besides the standard comfort/befriend/lover threads. Nothing wrong with those it's just these positions can give a different mood besides the we all love each other =P.

And seems I've rambled alot too so you're not alone now ^^

Wed May 27, 2009 12:23 am

Hmmmm, how about we meet halfway then? I could post a sticky in the New Student or Prefect Applications forum so anyone who'd be willing to go down the prefect route can say so without committing to anything yet. Nothing as formal as the full application, just a way for players to let it be known they're interested.

That way students can put themselves forward without having to jump through all the application hoops until they know they'll have a Head Girl to work with, and the Head Girls know who to check out without running into a bunch of dead ends.

The absentee HG problem is another matter all together, and aside from Shai I'm not sure what's going on with the others or when/if they'll be back. Still, I doubt anyone will be replaced/ the line-up added to until we have some well established Prefects.

Wed May 27, 2009 1:22 am
Profile WWW

Thats still no different from before just now it can be done without a full resume. You could do the very same thing with the Head Girls saying they are looking for potential Prefects and state their tastes.

But I suppose it will have to do =P. I'll post I suppose when it's up *nods nods*.

Guess we will have only two choices for HEad Girls when we go Prefect then.

Sorry for being a pest *hides*

Wed May 27, 2009 1:34 am

We could go back and forth all day without really solving anything since all the issues could apply to either side of the problem.

I'll post a thread and be sure to mention what Katya would be looking for, and PM the other Head Girls so they can do so as well. Hopefully with both sides taking a little step we'll get some progress made.

Of course, if you're holding out for one of the others, I'd be more than happy to drag you into the fold :3

Wed May 27, 2009 2:16 am
Profile WWW

I think it will work out. Just did not want this to go to waste =P.

I know people are probably just busy is all. Glad to see people are up and about still though.

And like I said before, if she is interested in Kanoe feel free to pm me =P

Wed May 27, 2009 2:23 am

Just to add my own fuel to the fire...

I too like the concept of Head Girls and Prefects. As a matter of fact, I think I'd enjoy playing a Prefect. I have two problems though. The short term problem is that I have no time to post in a new RP now. By Fall I should have more time.

The long term problem is that having Bala become a Prefect is pretty much 180 degrees out from my plans for her. I could create a new character. Though that presents another set of problems. Not the least of which would be what happens if she didn't become a Prefect? That would be kind of upsetting.

I've seen the post in Prefect Applications. Hopefully, that will help.

Bala - Hindi Girl (Student) ; Hitomi - Basement Queen (Student) ; Anagopt - Web Star (Student) ; Quagga - Zebra Girl (SFA) ; Keefa - (Gladiatrix) ; Gambo - Zombie (Monster) ; Fluffy - Pirate!! (SFA)

Author of the 1500th post in the original ~Corrupt a Wish~ thread in Trivial Pursuits. (1899 posts)
Author of the 1500th post in the second The Banned Game! thread in Trivial Pursuits.
=========+=====

Wed May 27, 2009 4:29 am

You know, I do have one prefect...Kim.

Also, I've sent a few requests, and I've recieved no reply. Kinda makes things hard for me. ^_^V

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Wed May 27, 2009 4:51 am
Profile WWW

Madison wrote:
Also, I've sent a few requests, and I've recieved no reply. Kinda makes things hard for me. ^_^V

Haha, I haven't even had the guts to do that ^^;;

While we're on the subject, could you see if you can sticky-fy the thread I posted? viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5289
I switched over to Naoko but apparently I can't do it in that forum.

Bala wrote:
The long term problem is that having Bala become a Prefect is pretty much 180 degrees out from my plans for her.

I can definitely understand that - the only reason Katya exists is because I would have had to majorly alter my students' personalities to make either of them a viable Head Girl.

Quote:
I could create a new character. Though that presents another set of problems. Not the least of which would be what happens if she didn't become a Prefect? That would be kind of upsetting.

I don't know about your other problems, but I severely doubt you'd have trouble getting someone approved if there's a spot open :D You've already been here long enough to meet that requirement and I've seen you help people out with plenty of OOC issues.

Wed May 27, 2009 5:08 am
Profile WWW

Seeing as it's the only thread in there, I think it's fine for now. :D

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Wed May 27, 2009 5:14 am
Profile WWW

...That's a good point XD

Wed May 27, 2009 5:22 am
Profile WWW

I would love yoko to become a prefect there are just a few problems.

1. I don't meet the 800 post requirement
2. Yoko is only in her first year IC.
3. Yoko as of current can not climax.

I plan on having Yoko work in the nurse office, as an assistant type role. To fill in extracurricular and club activities that the school requires. If we had any prefects I could see her working with them, sort of an in training to become a prefect. You know her being brought down to the basement. In order to help with punishments. I could also see a head girl working with Yoko to get over her idea that she is broken. Their are a lot of routes to take, since this is her first year at the university. Yoko also has a slight submissive complex, which could also be easily exploited by a head girl or prefect. That is if we had any prefects :P

Story Index: Yoko's encounters

Wed May 27, 2009 5:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next