View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Prefects and Head Girls? 

Post Re: Prefects and Head Girls?
I can see some small issues with why things are progressing slowly....

Most of us when we set up our charactors had 2 choices for responding to what the campus held store for us. We could grow angry and vent our frustrations on the administration that allowed this perversion to take place or we could be blissfully unaware living a life in nightmares and wondering if it was true or not.

Two years in and whalla....there is another choice. To become a part of the tormentors of the student body. For anyone new...no 800 posts...for anyone old....their charactor was not set up initially to go this route....hmmm....

Cassie....now then, yes I would report violations of the student code if asked and I did not realize what it meant in punishment for the offending girl. However, if I was aware of the truth and then asked to knowing what the punishments would be I would not (ethical delima...students did bad, but punishment excessive and bad as well). I would take on the punishment myself and pray daily for an end to this hell on earth. Therefore I could never see my charactor as an accomplice to the schools administration.

I also see the need for ADD agents to be individuals in an extreme...those same sorts who rebel somewhat against the establishment and tend to be loners. So who would want to have a former prefect or head girl working for them, knowing that they had a bit of a sadistic streak in them...a willingness to rat out the other girls for their own selfish gain. Think of a concentration camp and the jews that worked for the nazi's and I think you have a closer approximation of the makeup of a prefect or head girl.

Then again many have said I tend to be overly melodramatic... :)

Cassie

Cassie's Adventures Blog

Cala (Future Prefect)
Bio and adventures

Wed May 27, 2009 8:45 pm
Profile WWW

Nothing wrong with being dramatic hehe. I think there were more than two choices but I suppose the two general ones is fight or flight, can fight the monsters or give in. Now we have the option to see a bit more into what the school is hiding and what they are doing to the students or even work with some of the monsters in hopes of avoiding a similar fate.

More options simply means the story is evolving as it should. People would grow bored if nothing ever changes =P.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Wed May 27, 2009 8:59 pm

Do not get me wrong...I like the new options. Just it was not there when most of us that have 800 posts were creating our charactors. I find nothing wrong with a prefect trying the Co-opt me. If I knew the truth however I would not be a good prefect ... Just my charactor.

Now then...perhaps it is close to the time to start another...hmmm

Cassie.

Cassie's Adventures Blog

Cala (Future Prefect)
Bio and adventures

Wed May 27, 2009 9:11 pm
Profile WWW

Aww but people would miss Cassie *nods nods*.

I'm not the best at juggling characters but if it's needed for Prefects and Head Girls I can always try to think up something.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Wed May 27, 2009 9:17 pm

Katya wrote:
I don't know about your other problems, but I severely doubt you'd have trouble getting someone approved if there's a spot open :D You've already been here long enough to meet that requirement and I've seen you help people out with plenty of OOC issues.

Thank you. Does that mean I've become a veteran? I still think of myself as new. :)

I suppose several of the issues could be resolved by creating a "tailored" student. While I would design the overall student, a Head Girl could tell me the characteristics she wants in a Prefect. Whether she wants a doting yes-girl, a girl with a hidden rebelious side, or a girl who is just too ambitious - to the point of plotting against her Head Girl in an attempt to take over the role, I could build a character to match. The resulting student wouldn't be exactly what the Head Girl wants. But who gets exactly what she wants anyway? :) Heck, she could even specify a hair color.

That way I would at least know I wouldn't be "wasting" my time in creating a new character. (It wouldn't be a total waste, of course. I could always RP with a "new" student.)

Bala - Hindi Girl (Student) ; Hitomi - Basement Queen (Student) ; Anagopt - Web Star (Student) ; Quagga - Zebra Girl (SFA) ; Keefa - (Gladiatrix) ; Gambo - Zombie (Monster) ; Fluffy - Pirate!! (SFA)

Author of the 1500th post in the original ~Corrupt a Wish~ thread in Trivial Pursuits. (1899 posts)
Author of the 1500th post in the second The Banned Game! thread in Trivial Pursuits.
=========+=====

Thu May 28, 2009 3:45 am

I tried to read as much of this topic as I could but my eyes are burning and a bit sore from the glasses I rarely wear.

I'm not sure if I'm reading correctly, but if my memory is accurate the positions are a playable aspect for responsible, veteran players. Basically the criteria (800 post count or six months of active playing) was to eliminate what is happening right now.

I've been away for a while so I'm not sure what's right but there are 5 headgirls and no prefects. Granted several of the Head Girls are inactive, but I know what they're talking about when they say it doesn't seem like anyone has expressed a real interest.

I admit my fault for not pming and contacting players whom I would enjoy writing with and to take under my wing, but as it stands currently in the words of the bossman "if we accepted Head Girl profiles right now, we'd have all cowboys and no indians" or something to that effect.

I also understand that there are exceptions to the criteria, and no one has disputed that fact. The criteria is there to give new students something to work for, so if you're interested in becoming a Prefect let your desired Head Girl know anyway and we'll see what can be done.

I think there's a bit of confusion on the critera too, it's not so much the 'character' that we're worried about, it's the player. If you have 800 posts on a particular character we don't expect you to carry them over to become a prefect if they're not suitable for the job. New character creation is optional at the discretion of the player of course.

As I am working my way back onto campus I would be more than happy to take on a couple of prefects. I may not be on every single day like I was there for a while, but I will be visiting 3-5 times a week. My brain is always working and I had plot ideas for my prospective girls even before I wrote the damned description on Prefects ;]

<3 Shai.

If you have any more specific questions I'll be more than happy to answer them along with my fellow mods.

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:57 am
Profile YIM

I've actually been wanting Michelle to become a prefect. If any of the head girls are interested, drop me a PM. We'll get some ideas going and go from there.

Dealing with the head girls is exactly what Michelle is looking for. After all, she's trying to ascertain the fate of her lover and Siferus' daughter, one Lillia Darkcrown.

Siferus Darkcrown: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3579

Everyone's favorite spider monster has come home. I'm always looking for more interesting students or female monsters to ra...play with. Send me a PM, don't be shy, I don't bite. Unless you want me to, that is.

Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2