View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Customized victims 

Post Customized victims
Okay, next in my series of questions (forgive me, big fan of asking people things that should probably be obvious)

I've noticed a trend with monsters "customizing" their girls. Examples would be Ragerath staining Nanca's bed with his seed and Alucard piercing Cassie. Things that are mentioned through later, consecutive roleplays and have an impact on the character. The whole idea sort of appeals to me, but I don't know how to go about it.

Is there any sort of standard conduct for going about this sort of thing or not? Also, what sorts of thigns are considered acceptable? I mean, I'm sure it would cease being amusing (and would be rather ridiculous) if everyone started piercing their girls. Please give me yer thoughts on the matter.

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:56 am
Profile YIM

My opinion: Ask the girl's permission before even planning anything permanent. If you do something to her that has permanence, make sure it's nothing that will inhibit a monster from using its victim in the future. Third, don't change every girl you encounter. Make it a special thing to do.

Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:05 am
Profile YIM

The marking does not have to be physical as well....

But each time a roleplay happens I'd like the charactor to grow a little, have to deal with new situations. Each time it has happened I have been asked first. I thought it was a cool change to the charactor. Ok, I'm a good girl that was all good and forthright. suddenly I get stuck in the basement and whalla...I'll never have any hair upon me mound (a few other places as well) and that was horrible. Yet now I think of it as kinda neat...the charactor grows. Next came the nipples ... again I was asked ...

For other monsters were the adventure is good I mihgt be marked in a different way. Once I have my memeory of the events I may be torn about how the monster treated me.

Cassie

Cassie's Adventures Blog

Cala (Future Prefect)
Bio and adventures

Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:36 am
Profile WWW

Interesting...psychological mark. Also there's the possibility of a physical mark on something close to them, such as nanaca's bed stains. That's an interesting idea. But how to discuss psychological changes?

Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:52 am
Profile YIM

Psychological changes happen almost every time an RP is engaged and the monster doesn't make the girl forget, my friend.

Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:03 am
Profile YIM

True, but they aren't mentioned with quite the same frequency. i like the idea immensely, but they seem to leave less of an impact in the player's mind. And we all know the character doesn't mention things much unless their player recalls it. The question is how to give psychological markings the same vivacity as a physical one.

Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:08 am
Profile YIM

Well, some of them really do get affected. I remember a user on the old boards, by name of Pixie, and she was never the same after I RP'ed with her.

Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:15 am
Profile YIM

Oh? Hmmm. Can't honestly say I've read that extensively. Sounds promising though. Dunno if my style is really the best for that though, unless a player is squeamish enough that adam's sheer brutality traumatizes them. I'll have to do some more reading.

Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:19 am
Profile YIM

Of course as students we are not supposed to remember...not really. or be convinced our memories are wrong. You monsters don't exist officially. all is neat and tidy for the next time. It seemed I had to develope a hook that made me forget....a way the mind healed itself of the tramua. that doesn;t mean that vestiages of an earlier assualt won't play into my head during a later one. I'm doing that in a shower scene...just starting down the road.

However, those things I do remember I have fun sliding in....

Cassie's Adventures Blog

Cala (Future Prefect)
Bio and adventures

Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:01 am
Profile WWW

Of course as students we are not supposed to remember...not really. or be convinced our memories are wrong. You monsters don't exist officially. all is neat and tidy for the next time. It seemed I had to develope a hook that made me forget....a way the mind healed itself of the tramua. that doesn;t mean that vestiages of an earlier assualt won't play into my head during a later one. I'm doing that in a shower scene...just starting down the road.

However, those things I do remember I have fun sliding in....

I've never read anywhere that student's aren't supposed to remember their assaults. In fact, I remember on the old boards that students on their second encounter with a monster recounted past endeavours. The only thing is only about 10% of the entire student body are attacked, so when a girl goes ranting and raving about monster attacks she's usually dismissed as crazy. That, or the student herself believes she's going crazy. Unless a monster has some sort of ability to make her forget, or like your character's mind using trauma reflexes to conceal them, I think a student is fully allowed to remember. As long as a student has the mental capacity to retain the information that is.

As far as the question goes: Like Alucard said, ask the girl what is allowed or what isn't. I know Plague always added clever twists in his roleplays "Roses, Wine, false gifts, etc." Other monsters I've played with left little calling cards as well. It spices up the roleplay and messes with our minds ;]

Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:20 am

or maybe you dont have to think of your own, sometimes the student themselves might give something permanent to themselves, like in my case where Nanaca develops a phobia of donuts after an encounter with Alucard.

Take your pick:
Monster / Bunny Alien

Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:41 am
Profile YIM

I don't think a calling card is Adam's style, though it's a classic idea I'd never have thought of. He's not really the sort to put that much forethought into it. I'll keep playing though, see if the character doesn't expand over time. I wouldn't be surprised though if I eventually created a new monster.

Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:30 pm
Profile YIM

Slightly misspoke....my way of dealing with the monsters was to forget....

Quote:
Since fear and innocence is one of the lures to human women, great pains are taken to maintain the deception, so the monsters do their attacks quietly, and any rumors among the student body is surpressed as rumor or pranks.

but we all (students) need to remember the above. To many times older students run around telling the brand new students how there are monsters and they will be raped....

If a monster is capable he should probably help the student forget, or set it up like it was a dream, or prank.....The student may wonder why they are sore...suspect something happened...even now it did bu fear reprisal by either the monster or the admin and so they remain quite, jumping at every sound....

Cassie's Adventures Blog

Cala (Future Prefect)
Bio and adventures

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:21 pm
Profile WWW

We use things like clothing and jewellery as a way of marking our Lovers
the "customizing" as you put it can also be used as a sign of affection and also a way of talking to the girls you feel close to.
(IE:Kumo thuy Gives some of the girls they have Silk undergarments and
a Headband,The headband is a telepathic comlink to the girl but it's her choice to wear it knowing what it is and what it may mean)

Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:27 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]