View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Of Dorms and Plugs 

Post Of Dorms and Plugs
In a recent thread I'm in a question came to mind and has been bugging me for some time. The question is that do regular student dorms have electrical plugs ? I know the dorm rooms are double occupancy and able to be designed to a students desire, and that regular students are not allowed technology of any sort. The problem is I picture the dorm rooms having hard wood floors, so the only cleaning supplies needed would be a broom, mop and duster. Then I was wondering how a student would clean an area rug, if they had one in their room. Before I continue I like to quote the prefect and head girl room descriptions from the main site.

From prefect page

"Each Prefect room has a balcony, and is significantly bigger than regular dormitories. They contain their own bathroom complete with a bathtub as well as a separate shower box. There is a lush, king-sized bed as well as a comfortable living area and it comes complete with a small kitchen. Prefects are also allowed the luxury of technology within their mini-suites, TV's, MP3 players, etc."

From head girl page

"Head Girls experience the rewards of their position immediately by being moved out of the general dorms and given a suite on the top, or penthouse, level of the tower, where they live when not entertaining one of the Headmasters. Access to this level is key coded so that normal students can only reach the floor by invitation... or by demand if a Head Girl summons one or two for diversion or discipline.

Each suite comprises a living room, bathroom, bedroom, balcony and kitchen, all of which exhibit a sybaritic luxury far beyond anything available to other students or Prefects. On appointment a Head Girl is encouraged to have their rooms completely redecorated to their own taste and equipped with every modern convenience. Naturally this gives the young woman a sense of what the future can hold for her and does a lot to ensure that she will make every effort to avoid failing in her newly acquired status."

This makes me wonder if a student had an area rug, would there be an outlet available use a vacuum cleaner or would they just be out of luck.

Story Index: Yoko's encounters

Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:19 pm

Post Re: Of Dorms and Plugs
Of course they'd have electric outlets. With converters avalable for international students.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:01 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Amazingly enough, carpets were invented thousands of years before vacuum cleaners. Is that getting the cart before the horse or what?!?

However, as Madison says, dorms would naturally have access to plug in such items. Though vacuum cleaners would be communal not individually owned, and no doubt any misuse of them for self-gratification would attract the attention of the Prefects :D

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:18 am

Stormbringer wrote:
Though vacuum cleaners would be communal not individually owned, and no doubt any misuse of them for self-gratification would attract the attention of the Prefects :D

Really? Sounds like something that would play well on the web. Perhaps I can get someone to modify a vacuum to be less harsh.

Come on, girls. Who wants to become famous as the Vacuum Girl? :D I'm sure we'll get more hits than anything that came before.

If you want to set up an RP, send me a PM .

Anagopt - Legal and sexy. Check out my pay site. Love you XOXOXO
[A Bala production]
Links to Character Profiles found here.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:38 pm

However, there IS no internet access.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:39 pm
Profile WWW

I keep telling her that. But she doesn't believe me. She keeps saying that she can fix that. I can't control her. :(

Bala - Hindi Girl (Student) ; Hitomi - Basement Queen (Student) ; Anagopt - Web Star (Student) ; Quagga - Zebra Girl (SFA) ; Keefa - (Gladiatrix) ; Gambo - Zombie (Monster) ; Fluffy - Pirate!! (SFA)

Author of the 1500th post in the original ~Corrupt a Wish~ thread in Trivial Pursuits. (1899 posts)
Author of the 1500th post in the second The Banned Game! thread in Trivial Pursuits.
=========+=====

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Meaning it'd suck if her computer would be taken for a... security check? :P

Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:55 pm
Profile WWW

That would depend on one's point of view. It would suck for her. But Management might enjoy it since she's never had to control her temper and she has all her new videos on her computer.

Bala - Hindi Girl (Student) ; Hitomi - Basement Queen (Student) ; Anagopt - Web Star (Student) ; Quagga - Zebra Girl (SFA) ; Keefa - (Gladiatrix) ; Gambo - Zombie (Monster) ; Fluffy - Pirate!! (SFA)

Author of the 1500th post in the original ~Corrupt a Wish~ thread in Trivial Pursuits. (1899 posts)
Author of the 1500th post in the second The Banned Game! thread in Trivial Pursuits.
=========+=====

Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:39 am

I see why there is no internet for students. They are on a different planet or 'secluded island' as the students believe. Even with advanced satellites to communicate through the galaxy, it would be better to keep the students disconnected from Earth as much as possible. But does the island have its own network and database that students can connect to with their computers? I can definitely see the school being the sort of place for students to be away from the distractions of YouTube and Twitter and so forth. But researching would be a pain without some sort of database of information to look up through electronics. Then again, it would get people to open their textbooks XD.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:23 am

There's a computer lab. And basically, there are basic research things, but nothing overly fancy.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:50 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Madison wrote:
Meaning it'd suck if her computer would be taken for a... security check? :P

Isn't that the point of a vacuum cleaner?

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:35 am

Yeah, vacuums totally suck. That is why nature abhors them.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:11 pm
Profile YIM

Heh. Physics joke.

Nature might abhor vacuum but God loves the stuff...he sure made a lot of it.

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:24 pm
Profile YIM

Bringing things in a full circle - does this mean that god loves hoovers? ^_^

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:27 pm

I think he prefers Dyson ball vacuums. Vacuum and spheres go hand in hand. :D

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:50 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next