View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Space setting questions 

Post Space setting questions
I'm not sure if this should go here or in General Items (or elsewhere), so I hope this is ok.

I'm thinking of expanding my 'other side of the fence' experience to include space scenes and am working on an ADD agent, but have a couple of questions. First, I'd like my agent to be human, but not from Earth. I'm wondering if there might be an independent colony out there where someone like this could come from. My idea would be a place called Haven that is a colony made up mainly of escaped slaves. Of course, for anyone to actually be from there would require that there are male slaves in the galaxy as well as female (not to be used in RP, just as a background element).

Second, if I were to make a character that had a special ability loosely based on tantric sexual practices, would that be breaking the no religion rule? (Especially if she went by the Agent code name of Tantrica?)

Full Character Listing

Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:50 am

Post Re: Space setting questions
Hmm - I could well (and likely will) get this wrong but as I understand it Yes - you can be a non-earth native human. Since humans are well established out of earth you should be able to be born away from terra-firma

Makes me wonder if theres a market for odd crossbreeds ;) - After all, many of the humans in the stars are slaves used for one thing! - But, can't see why you couldn't - i'm sure there are a couple of characters that earthborn in the outlaws section.

Secondly - I didn't realise tantric sexual practises were religious based - it would be like saying the karma sutra or any act of meditation was purely religious rather than just having its roots there. I suppose the proof would be in how it was learnt and for what reason... especially as i'm not convinced any religion has made it to the stars yet from humanity ;)

But - Don't take my word! I'm guessing - wait til one of our illustrious mods gets here :D

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:15 am

Well, there aren't any "Offical" human colonies, as far as I'm aware. Though to be honest, there really are no male human slaves, given that their source for human slaves is Shokushu. Anyway, I'll have to consult with Stormbringer on this one, as I did have some setting questions to ask him anyway.

EDIT: Ok, talked with him. There would be relatively few males in Space, most either being criminals convicted of captial crimes, or escaped and became pirates. And any human colonies are going to be unrecongized by Earth, seeing as the farthest out that mankind has offically gone is just the solar system.

And regarding "Crossbreeds", I do not beleve that they really exist, and if they did, they still would not qualify as "humans" for the purpices of this board.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 pm
Profile WWW

No reason an all-female colony couldn't be established either. I've always been of the opinion that some human males were present in the outer reaches of space, and its good for that assumption to be confirmed in part, but strictly speaking escaped female slaves might procreate amongst each other if they've discovered a viable method of parthenogenesis. With the advanced technology being used in the space setting a parthenogenesis machine might be completely trivial, as easy to acquire as erasers on Earth. Considering the traumatic, penetrative experiences of former slaves, parthenogenesis is especially attractive from a psychological point of view, and the rampant lesbianism which seems to be a side effect of life at Shokushu is also well served by parthenogenesis.

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:03 pm
Profile YIM

Ok, if I have the right of it, my idea should work then. Not affiliated with Earth is part of what I meant by 'independent.' And since there are some men in space (however few and undesirable) it's possible, if rather rare, that a character could be from such a colony. Especially if the colony were basically just escaped female slaves who are, um, visited from time to time by pirates doing what pirates do . . .

Of course the parthenogenesis idea has merit too - but I'd rather keep things slightly traditional if possible.

I assume that since nothing was said about the tantric ability (except by Momo!) that it is not against the rules. I plan to keep it as far away from any actual practices as possible anyway, just using the popular image of such for illustrative purposes.

BTW thanks for your input Momo!

Full Character Listing

Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:22 am

Well, I never heard of it to be honest.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:26 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]