View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Class Rep 

Post Class Rep
Has anyone thought of a class rep as a character? Is that viable, someone with no real power that can generate minor events, that for instance can be working on a play or dance sponsored by the school more as the background for such things and not generating huge things like on the scope of the Prom that touched these boards awhile back.

Far less scope than a prefect, more as a means of saying that this character has such and such a position … essentially a title in name only. I was thinking that Etolie being such a control freak would probably get into such a role though I don't see her cast in a prefects role and serving beneath a head girl being too stuck up for that.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:21 pm

Post Re: Class Rep
My thoughts would be that any student could call themselves that, and it would be up to their force of personality if they would get anything done - There is no rules stating that students can't organise their own informal events, such as the various beach parties that come up.

As you say though, there would be no official title attached aside from one that they call themselves - It would simply be a student-organiser. If they push it and make themselves out to be 'school sanctioned to create all events' it might bring the eye of one of the Prefects or Head Girls...

At least, thats my thoughts :)

Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:26 pm

I figured it would work that way. In so many threads we see dances or plays so this would just be something of a side note, pretty much mentioned on the side as having a meeting, organizing a fund raiser, etc but has no real impact on the theme or nature of the boards themselves, which wasn't the intend.

I was watching an anime recently, on of many that had the class rep/president angle which got me thinking about it but didn't think that it had anywhere the power or authority of a prefect.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:13 pm

Well, a prefect is an extension of her Head Girl - so she has power based on that - otherwise you are 'just' a student.

Of course, there would be 'powerful' students - ones that through force of personality/bribes or even fear can get other students to do what they want - so, a certain amount of power can be gained. Although, just as Icarus, the higher you fly, the more dangerous your position is...

Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:29 pm

Well, ever since I've been here, we've never had a "class representive", mostly because the students actually doesn't stay as a coheasive unit from class to class.

However, in the past, we did have a "Dorm representive" who was a representive for the students on that floor of the student dorms.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:07 pm
Profile WWW

Interesting, it does make sense. On a related topic what about a captain of a sports team or head of a club. I remember Dawn Portman being the captain of the swim team if memory serves. I've never seen any position contested by another student and it seems to add flavor to a character more then anything else so is it a first come first serve thing not that I see many people taken head roles I think the latest I've seen was Astrid/Pia with the Tramps which are more or less girl scouts from what I gather.

But a dorm rep seems to make more sense since it's the same group of people (usually) in the same building or floor, etc.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:50 pm

I always considered there being a Student Council which decide on things like special events and so forth. They have no power over other students like Head Girls and Prefects but they still help students through being representatives of the student body.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:19 am

That works, I was just wondering about the position since it had no real power.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:22 am

Well student councils never really had much power in schools to begin with. XD

The most they usually got is maybe some money to make events happen.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:58 am

What I had been aiming for was someone with a degree of say that didn't effect anything, a figure head of a title without any real power but didn't want to go against anything that was already established.

Thanks for the ideas/inputs they've all been great.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:11 am

I would love to see someone take initiative to various events, teams or whatever.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:33 pm
Profile YIM

I was thinking of placing Rebecca as captain of a kendo club and Rhaine is on the soccer team with Rosalie's player the captain though I didn't want to place characters as heads of something encase someone else was running someone of that sort. With Etolie though I was looking for something to add to her snobbery without any real power, more of a prestigous title than anything.

Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]