View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Dawns final words. 

Post Dawns final words.
ARRGGghhhhh. I hated English. All those write all proper an make pictures with yur words sort of stuff. Not only did I have to do a journal but now I had to interview some senior an write like some article or biography sort of thing ‘bouts them. Still railing on it jus wuzn’t gonna help no how, nor wuz sum sort of pity party gonna change a thing.

So reckoning it wux best to proceed and get the dang thing o’er right away I sent a text…an IM…an an email to this young lady called Dawn Portman so we could start getting together on a regular basis an I could do me ‘ritin’ all proper like. Jus like that … well sort of….is how I found me self in the room with a senior who no doubt would have much to say. I at least hoped so. Otherwise this wuz gonna be the death of me schooling. Maybe I should have joined that nunnery.

Well lets see here….I opened the official student folder on her. Swim team, Captain….Cheerleading, Captain… perty picture not much else to go on….cept from the state of idolatry an harlotry called californication. But I shouldn’t hold that ‘gainst her, she wuz probably a good girl an like me wuz here during the summer no doubt trying to finish up them classes so she could graduate.

Shifting in the overstuffed chair I tried to make sure the new summer uniform covered the bits of me it should be a covering. I hated the thing…which did not bode well for me mood.

Cassie's Adventures Blog

Cala (Future Prefect)
Bio and adventures

Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:13 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Dawns final words.
(lol Cassie, i like the accent, it's kind of funny. :) Sorry for the wait i didn't know it was up.)

About a month ago, I received a letter from the administration of Shokushu Campus. It notified me that, according to them, they are sending someone to get my thoughts on the SHS. Supposedly for advertising and stuff, however I knew better. It has been almost a month since i received that mortifying letter. Notifying me that, I will be meeting Mr. Stormbringer, one of the original founders of Shokushu High. To the students on campus, he is just another head figure on the campus, to, whats left of our class, he's the embodiment of evil. One person, who done all of this to us for no reason.

Personally, I think meeting this girl will be good, for two reasons, maybe I can find some way to encode some hidden message to warn others. So no other student will fall pray to this island. Second, to take my final thoughts, in case my encounter with Mr. Stormbringer will make me disappear, like the many, many of my fellow classmates. I have so much to say, so much to tell Kim and the others. I have so much to tell my family at home, to my mother, father, and most importantly, my dear sister Camryn.

My sister Camryn is closer to me then anyone else, she is more then just a sister to me, she's my best friend, one person I can go to for any problem I might have. She is smart, and knows me very well, I have always wondered how much time has passed back at home. Has it been 5 years already? Has Camryn been looking for me? Is she worried? Or as she fallen for the lies the campus been spreading.

With all that in my head, I walked into my room, to a surprise. There was a girl sitting on my bed, just staring out of my room. There is no question in my mind this was the person I was suppose to see. How she got into my room was one question I should ask, but that is how the campus works. They surprise you, it's what they do.

"Uhm...hi? Can I uh...help you? What are you doing in my room?"

Dawn Portman's Bio: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2908&p=48448#p48448
Dawn Portman's Personal Diary (Reading): viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3148

Student Of The Month, May 2004
SHS Cheerleading Squad Captain
SHS Swim Team Captain

Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:54 am

Yah ever have one of them days that pieces seemed to be missing from? I didn’t till I got here on this campus, an then, well sum of me days have these moments that seem swallowed up in eternity itself. A vast black void that don’t make no sense no how. This wuz one of um….Her voice called me from outta a dream like state. From another place…another time so to speak. I swore I’d been in the commons, in a nice soft cushy chair all gettin’ comfy like. Now….now I wuz sitting on a bed, an it wuz hers.

Sum girls like yah on their beds…sum girls wanna be in other beds. I wuzn’t one of um…or I tried real hard to not be one of um on account of me personally beliefs an such. As I looked up at that face framed in blond hair with its pink stripes, well, I had to wonder jus what she might be thinkin on me having suddenly found me here. I had to act quick…had to hide the embarrassment an awkwardness in suddenly waking up sum place I had not known I wuz in.

“Umm….a Cassie….Me name that is. Yurs is Dawn Portman an yah look much better in person than in that picture if yah don’t mind me saying. “ Standing, smoothing the skirt down all proper as the dang thing had a tendency of ridding up all indecent like. I offered me hand….Not certain if she wuz hugger … like me. But the hand wuz easier in sudden mutual surprise. “At any rate I’m like here to get yur words of wisdom or sum such thing….well….actually I have to ‘rite sum stuff on yah for class but that ain’t no reason to do it right an well as me Pa taught me too. An I is sorry ‘bout the surprise an all bouts me being in here waitin’ for yah an all, but I reckon its what I wuz supposed to be doing seeing as to how I am here now. OK?”

Looking at her….trying to get a feel for how to proceed an all. Dang, I’d really done it but what’s done is done an there ain’t no going back.

Cassie's Adventures Blog

Cala (Future Prefect)
Bio and adventures

Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:20 am
Profile WWW

(lol, don't be Cassie, I think it's unique. Reminds me of a southern belle accent. the thing is i been reading the Sookie Stackhouse books, and she's southern, like in TruBlood. however, she doesn't write her to speak that way, not as hard anyway. Also sorry about the location, you didn't mention it on the first post so i figured it would be in the bedroom. Though i'll be honest i missed the chair part. -.-')

I can just feel the unease pouring out of her, and I didn't need my "skills" to tell. i had a big, comfy chair in my room, Kim given it to me awhile ago, I'm sure this girl, Cassie, has been in it. However for some reason she can't remember when she got on my bed. I don't mind though, I had worse experiences, you know the...monster kind that appears in your bed.

I saw her hand reach out, I figured to be nice this time and not just read her mind out right. I knew she was telling the truth, and again that wasn't from my "gift". She was assure of herself, wasn't shaking, so why did the letter say the school was sending someone to get my last words? I didn't get a chance to check my computer, I been in the gym in my spare time this past months. The fact that Kim has disappeared with Madison just means more to me. She is not in my life now, I have to look out for myself. I sighed and hung my head a little. I miss her already, she meant so much to me...but she's, I'm sure, with Madison now, which is...well better then where I will be going. I snapped out of it the moment I saw her hand reach out.

"I'm sorry, I was sort of day dreaming. So you are from the class huh?" I reached out to shake her hand firmly.

"Mind telling me which class it is? You can sit on my bed if you want to Cassie. I don't mind, I have the chair here."

It wasn't awkward, although I'm sure she is feeling the opposite right now. I don't want to intrude because I know she won't like it, plus I have decided a long time ago I would only use what I can do on monsters. However I would still need some help on her end. I can ask, I thought to myself, but...would she think I'm weird? So, my time on the campus is ending, I think, if Cassie likes it or not, she'll be the start.

SHS Swim Team Captain

Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:59 am

“Sorry for me startling yah like that.” The grip was firm, her skin soft beneath me fingers.

Beds meant things beyond sleeping, an much to me dismay I had learned early that some of the girls had thoughts of puttin’ me there for them other reasons. Not that I had not had a wonderful wife an loved her dearly only to have her leave me alone. I still missed her….but….but I had an assignment, had to get me head in the right frame here an stop me bleeding heart for it all got to me once more. Bed it wuz….I would jus have to watch her an all. Gathering me wits ‘bout me like a well worn blanket I went through the mindless tasks of getting out the tablet an stylus. Clearing me throat I sat back down on the bed an thought ‘bout what I needed to ask….I reckon I should have been more prepared so when it came it came like a overflowing creek back home, all just a pouring out o’er them banks an swirling in great big eddies.

“ok….like I gotta do sum writin’ for me English class….ahhh the 103 one. I really wanted to go home with the other girls cause I ain’t been back for two years now. But I seem to have problems with me English fundamentals or so they say so I gotta keep doing it o’er till I get it right. So I’m sorry that yah get the girl that ain’t really good at this writin’ stuff doing a paper on yah for preservation for all time. “

I took a big breath for flowin’ on once more.

“Like I ain’t never done this ‘fore, so maybe we should start like with yur background sort of….the things that well…made yah who yah are…like favorite teachers, or friends an such that made a difference in yur life”

Cassie's Adventures Blog

Cala (Future Prefect)
Bio and adventures

Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:19 pm
Profile WWW

(sorry for the long wait, i been sick, then tired, then my internet has been very slow. seriously slow...for cable.)

This Cassie girl looks very anxious, for some reason I'm not sure. I think she might believe I'm up to no good. Of course I promised myself I won't go into her mind, and I will keep my promise as best as I can. However, she looks, well, very uncomfortable. I think just being with me makes her uncomfortable, I won't know why though. I been trying to be as nice as I can do the Freshmen on this campus, however most of them are pretty naive. I had some problems believing most of this myself, until I saw the proof for myself. Once you did though, it's hard to deny the truth.

By looking at Cassie, I believe it's pretty apparent to me that she knows something on the campus wasn't right. She was oozing with unease, by what she was saying, without taking a breath in between her sentences. I can be wrong though, who knows, I said to myself i won't read her mind, unless something drastic happens. i was thinking to myself though, I know English 103, the teacher there was very strict. For some reason though, I believe that teacher been through a lot of...trauma. Campus is full of people that has been through so much, they let there outer facade control there entire being. Which is sad because I believe most of the teachers, if not ALL of them, are like this.

"English 103...that teacher is very strict. I'm surprised she didn't give you more to do then, well this I guess. I don't think you have any problems with English Cassie." That is my own observation though, of course I do know that teacher, and she is usually very strict. Unless you do perfect English, she won't let you go that easily. Someone needs to teach the teacher to lighten up...

"Where I came from huh...well I guess that's a good area to start." I sighed and cleared my throat, before starting again. "I came from Southern California, San Diego to be exact. I was a cheerleader in High School. After High School, I went to do some photos for modeling. I wasn't exactly looking for anything specific, but some how I was able to get some word from Victoria's Secret." I sighed, that was so long ago, seemed like another life time. "I wasn't too sure if they were for real or not, but they were serious. However they contacted me before I was able to go further into college. They said they want me to model for them for their magazine, with one condition, I had to finish college..." I trailed off again...

SHS Swim Team Captain

Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:14 am

I listened in rapt attention at them details, working hard to get um down. The part about the modeling sounded interesting, though know I knew what that kind of stuff was and would not have been caught dead a modeling it at all. It also sounded a bit farfetched that they would have made her go to school…I knew them companies liked yah young and bouncy…it would have been lost years for their catalog and stuff. Not a good business decision…so sum body must have cooked this whole thing up to get her to school. Made me wonder what her parents were like…siblings if any…hmmm…

“That be really interesting, but not sum thing I could have done….all them clothes is really perty for yur husband to see yah in but having other men all looking at them pictures, well…it wouldn’t have been me.” I paused, hoping I wuzn’t judging an all, cause that is the lords work.

“At any rate tell me bout yur ma an pa…sisters brothers….family”

Cassie's Adventures Blog

Cala (Future Prefect)
Bio and adventures

Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:00 pm
Profile WWW

I was drifting off in my own thoughts again, it was totally my mistake. I let my barrier drop and the young Cassie's thoughts drifted into my mind. Her thoughts actually was on par with what I thought several years ago, all before I came here. Why Victoria's Secret contact me was... well just luck I guess. Of course they told me I wasn't going to be a runway model, and I knew that too because it was very obvious. There runway models are, well beyond perfect, I would like to say they were genetic engineered, but that is stretching it for me also.

Without realizing it, I answered out loud to the thoughts that drifted into my head, "It does sound pretty crazy doesn't it? I know my sister thought I was just so lucky that they noticed me out of, all of those people." Shit, I did say that out loud didn't I? Crap Oh, wait she did ask me some stuff after right? I can answer them quick, maybe she won't realized I just answered her thoughts out loud.

"Uh...yes those...uhm...clothes were pretty revealing. I remember my father saying how lucky I was, but on the other hand he didn't want me in that business at such an early age. I was 18 then, just past the legal age. Of course I still needed my parents approval that age, but I said that chance was one in a billion, and I would be stupid to pass it up." That was true, you don't get randomly called by Victoria's Secret and turn it off. If you did then you really need to get yourself checked into a hospital.

"My family...where to start..." I wondered out loud. "Let see, my father is a Vietnam Veteran. He was a marine, got the Purple Heart. My mother is a doctor in Los Angeles, I don't have a bother, though to be honest sometimes I wish I had one just to have one." Though, thinking of it now, I really don't need one, because of one person in my family that makes up for everything else I am missing in my life. "My younger sister, Camryn...is the closest person I have in the world. To be frank though, I believe she's prettier then I am, but she never see's it that way. She is, the one person I can always count on, someone I know won't fail me, and someone I wish would not, find her way here..." Yes, one thing I did NOT want, at ALL cost is Camryn coming to Shokushu, I would give anything to prevent this. She might be a fighter, but even that means nothing here.

SHS Swim Team Captain

Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:45 am

“wouldn’t you love to have your sister here with you….oh….that would be great I would think, I mean I don’t have no brothers or sisters, but if I did I think it would be great to have um close by and all. “ I blurted it out…getting in the middle Dawns talking an all which really I reckon was not the way to do no interview…but then I’d never fore down one of these thingie’s fore no how.

Eagerly I awaited the answer, shifting in the seat and wiggling me leg as I sat upon her bed.

Cassie's Adventures Blog

Cala (Future Prefect)
Bio and adventures

Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:30 pm
Profile WWW

I didn't have to think for too long about Cassie during my answer. "No...No...No I don't want her here." Does Cassie know the dark secret Shokushu High is hiding? If she knew would she ever want any of her family here to find out the hard way? Should I say something? Is there something I can hint about this school's dark secrets?

I can only stare at the floor, wondering on what I should do. It is only natural reaction to want a close family member here, but this school is the exception, and a big one. "This school...is..." What should I say...? "Too...special for Camryn. My sister doesn't belong here. If I can go back home now, I wouldn't want her to come here at all. If I had it my way, I won't allow her to be here." It is blunt, I guess whoever is hearing me would know why I don't want this to happen. However, would Cassie understand why? Why I won't want someone else to come here?

"I can't explain my reason for this, I can only HOPE you know why...if not, then please just ignore what I said." Or I might be censored, hell, if I know, the campus is behind all of this. Trying to get more advertising for the campus. And I'll be damned if I allow more innocent girls to fall victim to this place. I lost too much, too much friends, and people I started calling family. I would do everything I can to allow, my family to come here in search for me.

Maybe I should change the subject. "Anymore...questions I?"

SHS Swim Team Captain

Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:26 am

The blond before me turned pale as a ghost, as if the very question had made her see sum sort of ghost or apparition and for a while she was silent as a rooster at noon. Not a sound came and the silence dragged at me nerves spooking me sum as well.

When she finally did answer it was blunt, as if the whole school spooked her. I had no idea what she hoped for, but me, I could see no reason to be so disrespectful of the campus that had provided me an outstanding education thus far. The professors had spent time over an above jus class time to help me…teach me…and guide me. I had made good friends and while I wuz homesick I loved me school.

I might not have a nose for no sort of journalism, but it struck me she didn’t want her sister to share in this wonderful place. That had me curiosity going.

“ok, I here yah, but …still are yah saying that you’ve not been happy here? That there is sum thing that the school failed to prepare yah for? I want yah to explain real plain like,”

Cassie's Adventures Blog

Cala (Future Prefect)
Bio and adventures

Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:10 am
Profile WWW

She did think I was crazy, and I knew for a fact that if I said something about the school's attack, the administration would make me pay some how. But I needed some way to tell others the dangers of the campus. How can I do so without alerting the school? Well knowing the school that is probably impossible to do. The school has eyes every where, and to be frank, this Cassie girl can be one of them.

I haven't got the impression, or thought that she is. However, the way she thinks the school is all nice and nothing else gives me some suspicion. I didn't need to read her thoughts to know what she was thinking, just by the way Cassie looked at me, I knew for a fact she doesn't believe the school is hiding something, malicious. How can I even think about trusting someone whom doesn't truly understand the school?

I sighed, there isn't much way around this, maybe I can, slowly hint at what I wanted to say instead of out right saying it. "Do you...not want to believe something extraordinary? Or...only believe what the school...tells you, what you should believe...?" I hesitated for a bit after that, and said again, "I can not explain...what I know unless I know you believe the campus is hiding something. And all the school would do is just erase it from the records."

SHS Swim Team Captain

Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:11 pm

What did she think no how? Looking at me like I wuz some wet behind the ears naïve freshman whelp that had not been nowhere but at this school for the last 2 and a half years. Secrets….oh yeah I knew plenty of them.

“Yeah I know extraordinary…Like me lord an savior came and gave his life so we all can be free. An as for this school, well like they is willing to take me and give me an education that is top notch! Me mama always says to never look no gift horse in the mouth an you speaking riddles ‘bout that gift horse is sort of silly like. The school don’t tell me what to believe. It ain’t ever said I couldn’t be a good Christian girl.”

The school allowed freedom of religion. It allowed girls to be conservative or liberal. It allowed all of us from the many places we been from to come together and learn under one roof no matter our culture or society. All it asked was for us to respect one another as sisters. Yeah she was crazy like one of them ally cats. Might need to change the subject.

“Fine….so what is your favorite thing or fondest recollection of being here?”

Cassie's Adventures Blog

Cala (Future Prefect)
Bio and adventures

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:02 am
Profile WWW

So, this Cassie girl is a Christian huh? Sadly I don't think believing in God is going to help out much here. 2 years on campus, and she has apparently not seen the horrors behind the mask of the school. Or, it can be just the opposite, being payed by the campus? Possible, I know the campus has some way to bypass my telepathy. Maybe they have found a way to let this girl come in without any knowledge of the campus...hidden agenda.

Is it really though? Or is she right, that I'm just being paranoid? After countless attacks on the body, it can easily do this to you. No, no I'm not, all of my senior classmates are all but gone, I have witness more then I can count, attacks on them and myself. I believe, my class was thinned out faster due to the fact that we fought back. I have seen Kasumi disappear in front of me, one by one, even Madison is gone now. I no longer got any word from Kim either...No, this campus was evil, no Sophomore is going to change my mind.

So, how do I change her mind? Or should I even try to change her mind? Should I direct her towards my thoughts? Or, pray that she understands being here, and prolonged, being here is dangerous. Yes, it is best to change the subject while I am pondering about my options at this point. "My favorite memory of this campus...?" I thought aloud, "They are a few actually."

"I remember the first night I got here, I remember how scared I was, because I didn't remember how I got there. All I knew was my room #, and remembering a small few of girls while I was traveling here." I sighed, and looked at the floor for a bit, trying to remember the hazy details. "The first girl I met, on the beach, was Kasumi. She is the first girl that took me in, and walked me around the campus, to let me know where things are at."

SHS Swim Team Captain

Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:08 am

I wrote as fast as I could while she spoke trying to get the words on the paper while the computer recorded them as well. I would review it later and try to work something into a story of sorts. This might now be a start, but she seemed more psycho an all nervous like. Sum thing wuz not quite right an maybe if I got to the bottom of it I would have a good story for me project.

“SO this Kasumi…she wuz a prefect and a good’un at making yah feel at home. Not like that head-girl Linnis, well she wuzn’t one then, but she wuz busy trying to get me in bed an I had never had a boy or girl like try to what do they say…ummm…hit on me before so I kinda wuz ignorant ‘bout it an all. I still don’t know how she made head girl an all, seems you would not want that kinda girl as a example for the rest of the students. “ I looked at Dawn once more, regarding her an realized I’d been rambling my own private thoughts all spilling out like so much muck. Not good that…not good to be gossiping an the like.

“sorry….That wuz not real appropriate. So….Tell me bout this prefect Kasumi an why she wuz such a good thing for yah.”

If Dawn wished to probe Cassie mind she would find the attacks buried deep in her psyche, trapped and not allowed to live by cassie’s own mind. It was as if the dirt was swept under the rug never to surface again. But like all dirt under the rug, it is only a matter of time…..

Cassie's Adventures Blog

Cala (Future Prefect)
Bio and adventures

Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next