View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 A New Day(For Nell) 

Post Re: A New Day(For Nell)
Nell shook her head and spoke rather desperately all the sudden. "They are more than just violent here, Vanessa! If all they did was attack and kill people it wouldn't be so bad!! They..." Her throat tightened as she tried to say it. When she finally could get the words out they were just above a whisper. "They rape girls! And worse..."

(Sorry its a short post. I'm trying to catch up with my threads in between writing a paper for class.)

I have decided that I'm not taking on any new RPs for now. I am going to focus on the couple of games I have going right now and once they are finished I'm going to be taking a break. Not sure when I'll be back but I likely will be some day.

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:53 am

Vanessa just sat there staring for several moments, she looked a bit horrified at the idea of creatures raping girls, she couldn't help, but wonder what could be worse than that. she looked down to her lap for several moments shaking her head a little bit.
"That's... just horrible, I... Are you alright??? I mean the only way you could possibly know something like that... Oh god! Nell I can't..."
She was stunned when she realized that her roommate had just in essence admitted she'd been attacked an raped by inhuman things. She didn't have the heart or mind to actually ask anymore about the subject she was completely tongue tied.
"I'm sorry I mean do you want to change the subject? I don't want to bring up memories like that from such a gentle looking girl... I mean I want to ask what could be worse but... you really really don't have to answer Nell."
She looked worried and spoke like one would expect a mother to in such a situation.

((little busy today sorry in advance))

Characters:

Vanessa; Big & Beautiful
Airi: Petite famous runaway
Night: Humanoid alien full of chloraphil

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:52 pm

Nell blushed suddenly when she realized that Vanessa thought she'd been raped. Well, she had been rape but that hadn't been the point to the discussion. She shook her head hurriedly. "No, that's not what I... I mean, obviously I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't been... I wasn't trying to..." She sighed heavily and plopped back down until her bed. She stared down at her lap and tried to organize her words. When she spoke again to was calm and reasonable. "I have been attacked, more than once. But you don't need to worry about me, Vanessa. I'm tougher than I look. I was telling you because you needed to know. I wish someone had told me my first day. I would have been more careful from the beginning. I doubt it would have saved me from getting hurt but at least I would have been better prepared."

"As for what is worse..." She paused again and shook her head. "The school knows. They have some kind of arrangement with the monsters. I don't know all that much about it but I know that their behavior is condoned. So, you can't trust the teachers or school staff to help you. We're not even really supposed to talk about it. They'll will give you detention and detention is run by the monsters as well..."

I have decided that I'm not taking on any new RPs for now. I am going to focus on the couple of games I have going right now and once they are finished I'm going to be taking a break. Not sure when I'll be back but I likely will be some day.

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:33 pm

Vanessa listened to the calm manner in which Nell spoke and couldn't help being a little shocked by how well she was taking the fact she had been raped. She smiled slightly at the strength the woman showed.
"Yeah talking like that about how you've been treated here you have to have a damn strong will. Kinda hope I'm as strong willed."
she didn't even mean from the monsters, she knew she could handle that at some level, she was more worried about being around a bunch of semi-innocent college girls in short flimsy uniforms while she was trying to recover from her little sex addiction.

"don't have any reason not to be surprised by that... always thought the tinfoil hats were right about at least a few things anyway."
she shrugged slightly shaking her head.
"Also explains why to have the school so far out in the ocean."

Characters:

Vanessa; Big & Beautiful

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:21 am

Nell shrugged. She didn't feel strong. It was depressing how powerless she had been in front of all of those monsters. Still, even though they had wounded her pride they hadn't succeeded in breaking her spirit. Maybe that was the strength Vanessa had been referring to but Nell would have rathered a more useful sort of strength. She shook her head and drew her knees up to rest under her chin. "I'm not really all that strong willed. Just stubborn as hell but that usually just gets me into more trouble."

She lifted her head again and smiled at the other girl. "You are lucky though. At least you have something you can use to combat them...." She sighed heavily and rested her chin back on her knees. "We don't have to stay on this topic though. I just wanted to give you a heads up but now that that is out of the way we can move on to a more cheerful subject." She smiled again and all her warmth was suddenly back. "So, where are you from anyway, Nessa? ... Oh, do you mind if I call you Nessa?"

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:32 am

"Yeah, Changing topic kinda seems best."
Vanessa continued to smile nervously for now as she shifted in her seat trying to get comfortable; which was admittedly difficult after the bomb Nell dropped on her.
The nick name Nessa struck her as a bit of a surprise, but it was a good surprise.
"Yeah you can call me Nessa, It's kinda cute actually. But, where I'm from? I was born in Dallas raised there for the most part... though spent a little time in New York City, nice place to visit but, living there didn't fit me or my family much. You?"
She sounded a little nostalgic for the past when she spoke about being raised in Texas, like she'd lost something while she was in new york.

Characters:

Vanessa; Big & Beautiful

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:21 pm

Nell was happy that the other girl had liked the nickname she had given her. She had always wanted to be close enough friends with someone to use nicknames. (Not that any would work for her own name as it was already so short.) She smiled while she listened to her new friend talk about where she used to live, even if she had seemed determined to be vague on the subject. "I admit I've never been to Texas though I imagine its hot there. I lived in Vermont my whole life but the temperature rarely goes about 85 in the summer. I've been to New York City a lot of times too. My mother almost always starts her tours there... Oh, my mother is a novelist. She's not a best seller or anything but she does do book signing tours occasionally. My father is in trade." She didn't elaborate. She didn't want to let on how wealthy her family was right away for fear it would make her seem snobby. "What about your family? What are they like?"

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:00 am

"My family? Actually, Mom runs a coffee house, Dad's in education. Really friend, open, social people actually, liberal too."
Alright so education meant he owned and was dean of a middle income private school but, she didn't feel like saying that bit, always seemed weird honestly.
"And yeah it gets hot, triple digits every couple days in the summer, never been to Vermont though, sounds like a nice summer 85, bet it snows in the winter too."
She shrugged faintly at that offering little more than a sigh before shaking her head, a bit envious really of her home but, she tried not to say too much more about that.
"So whatcha like to do anyway, I... well... don't tell too many people but, I cook and I sorta like to draw too..."
she seemed embarrassed about her hobbies by the way she averted her gaze and blushed as she spoke.

Characters:

Vanessa; Big & Beautiful

Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:51 pm

"Yeah, it does snow a lot in the winter but trust me that gets old fast. I'm just glad I've never had to drive in it..." She paused. She been about to starting taking about how their chauffeur Charles almost got them into a huge accident one year because of icy roads but then she'd have to explain why see had a driver. "I mostly took the bus." She lied quickly. She'd only ever been on a buss once in her life and it had been quite traumatizing.

"Wow, Nessa, that's great! You can cook and draw!?" She seized onto the next subject change. "I can't do either. I took Art Appreciation this semester because I thought it would just be an easy class where you learn about famous pieces of art and such but apparently they want us to experiment with doing our own art too. Oh it's awful! I'm just terrible at it. I mostly enjoy reading and horseback riding though I don't really get to do the latter here. Sadly, there are no horses on Shokushu." Not real ones anyway. She'd learned that the hard way.

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:04 pm

Vanessa smiled offering a bit of a nod to Nell when she mentioned horse riding.
"Oh you like horseback riding? Well, least we have something in common, I mean, it's kinda stereotypical, but my grand mother owns some horses on one of the reservations, went up there on holidays actually. Does kinda suck they don't have any horses here though... I mean it's such a big island, would probably be awesome to do a lap around."
She didn't comment too much on the art appreciation class, really just chuckled faintly at how the events had unfolded for her.
"Sooo... uhm... waht else is there to talk about or do... been awhile since I really met anyone..."
or at least she hadn't talked to anyone in a friendly manner in a long while.

Characters:

Vanessa; Big & Beautiful

Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:39 pm

"Heh" Nell laughed nervously. "I'm not really the one to ask honestly. I haven't had much experience meeting new people either... Ummm... Let's think. Oh, I know, what are you majoring in? Or are you still undecided. I was thinking about majoring in either English or History. Probably English though."

((Just wondering, do we have a goal for this story or is just chatting okay IC okay?))

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:21 pm

((chatting is pretty good, no real plans truthfully if you have any goals or idea feel free to set them up))

Vanessa shook her head in response.
"Undecided, never really had plans on what to do with my life, might as well try some stuff and see how that goes."
she offered Nell an ear as she spoke and nodded.
"So following in your mom's footsteps then?"

Characters:

Vanessa; Big & Beautiful

Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Nell laughed and shook her head at the suggestion that she might be following her mother's example. "No, no... I write a little but I don't really want to be a novelist. I think I might enjoy being an editor though. If I major in English that's most likely what I'll be aiming to do with my degree. What about you? Do you know what you hope to get out of school?"

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:45 pm

Vanessa smiled softly to Nell nodding. She had wanted to keep from answering this very question but, she didn't know a way she could without being rude or lying. She took a deep breath before she began.
"Well I came here because I wanted to change a little about myself... kind of a cure for a psychological disorder, wanted to sort of take control over it instead of it controlling me.
she was vague about it, she thought Nell would be a little freaked out if she knew her new friend was a recovering nymphomaniac, and a dominatrix, and a former sexual deviant... among other things.

Characters:

Vanessa; Big & Beautiful

Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:50 am

Nell could tell the her new friend was being intentionally vague about her past and her motivations for coming to the school. She wondered what this psychological disorder Nessa was referring to was but she got the feeling the other girl was slightly embarrassed by it so Nell decided not to ask. "I understand the feeling of wanting to be in control of one's self. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help, okay?"

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next