View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Have You Found the Yellow Sign (for Kristy) 

Post Re: Have You Found the Yellow Sign (for Kristy)
She had willed the keys to be there and they were. Driving around the corner blaring her horn to get the attention of the creature she got the attention of Simon and Mike. From what she could make out Mike rammed the creature. The creature was pinned between the car and a building, though pinned wasn't the right word knowing what he was able to do. Dazed, stunned, perhaps.

The air bag of the ramming car had been deployed and the driver side door opened. Nearby was Simon and Mike who was holding his head. At the sound of the horn the two looked over then to each other and then made haste toward the car.

The creature defied alteration. She wasn't able to even whisk it away. She was able to straighten out and conjure attire to herself though before the men got there. As they did the creature opened his eye, flicked it in their direction and roared pushing the car away from him. He had recovered enough just dazed but the others were able to hop in.

He was quick she knew but not quicker then a car, at least not once it got to a decent speed, about 35-40 miles seemed to do the trick. The question was though did she lure it to the police station now. It was still sunny though a few distant gray clouds had been rolling in from the south indicating perhaps that Yeager was gathering more of his strength.

“That bastard's still up! What more do we have to do?! What more can we do?!”

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:54 pm

"I'll lead it back to the police station, or what's left of it." She said as she turned the car in that direction, maintaining a steady speed of 45mph. "It's orders are to return me to Yeager. Maybe if I lead it that way it will stop it's pursuit." Or Yeager would give it new directions to destroy her. His god was manifest now so he didn't need her anymore. She wondered if the Whisperer would still be there too. She didn't like the idea of facing off with both of them again but at least the Whisperer could be bargained with. He had his sign now but maybe she could still offer him something to convince him to help her to defeat Yeager.

"But first I need to send you two home." She said with determination. She checked the rearview mirror to make sure that the monster wasn't still right behind them. "You've been a big help, Simon. I was able to save my friend because of you but it's too dangerous for you both here now. It's final showdown time and this is something I have to face alone. I need to make sure you two are safe and then I can focus on breaking Yeager's hold on me and get myself out of here."

I have decided that I'm not taking on any new RPs for now. I am going to focus on the couple of games I have going right now and once they are finished I'm going to be taking a break. Not sure when I'll be back but I likely will be some day.

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Last edited by Napton on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:46 pm

The thing was still following but not on top of them currently. Neither Simon or Mike seemed too pleased in being dismissed but neither could anyone stop her from dispelling them from this place.

Those dark clouds were slowly gathering and rolling in but still distant. If she had to judge Yeager was still out of it, possibly for as much as an hour or so. She continued to drive though and managed to increase the distance with that creature and themselves. Simon who was in the back seat didn't have his seat belt on and was turned around looking out at the creature.

“You can't be serious, Kristy, there's got to be a way in taking this thing out.”

“Can't you just think up a super hero to take it out, Aquaman would get clobbered for sure but it should be a piece of cake for Superman.” Simon glanced back then at the creature as they proceeded.

They roared past a few Faceless that changed direction and headed toward the sound but were quickly out distance given their speed. She would soon be at the station though whether alone or not had been totally up to her as the others could only stop her by killing her and neither wished to do that.

Character Listing

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:48 pm

"I've tried everything I can think of. This is still Yeager's domain. I cannot manifest anything big here until I wrestle control from him." She gave the car a bit more gas, wanting to be a bit further ahead of the monster before she attempted sending the man home. "I know your guys want to help but there are some fights you have to fight alone. I have seen that thing rip people to shreds. I've seen Yeager's power and that of his god's. You two won't stand a chance against them and I can't protect you. They will use you against me like they have been and I will be powerless to stop them. Please understand, I have to send you home."

I have decided that I'm not taking on any new RPs for now. I am going to focus on the couple of games I have going right now and once they are finished I'm going to be taking a break. Not sure when I'll be back but I likely will be some day.

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:27 pm

“And who will save you?” Mike asked as the creature became smaller in the rear view mirror. It still pursued though as she knew it would. Mike stared at her though Simon was still gazing at the shrinking creature.

This had not been the time for arguing though and once she had enough distance between her and the creature she dismissed the two, Mike first since Simon had no idea what was going on behind him and would be easy to remove once Mike had been out of the way.

The police station was gone other than that circle of stone that contained the Whisperer. It was clear that he was still stuck their inside that circle though just out of it she saw Yeager on the ground surrounded by a plethora of worms that had been wiggling back inside him on after another.

There was the yellow sign too, face down on the ground. Just glancing toward it caused her to feel funny until she averted her gaze from it even with the sign being face down … was it simply the color? Was that why Simon could handle it without a problem? He would have to guess as far as the right sign using the clues she stirred him to and the photo to make it even possible.

The Whisperer glance toward her and even moved close to the edge of his prison, mouth tendrils twitching feverishly. I did not expect to see you again, especially given that Yeager will stir within the hour.

Character Listing

Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:15 pm

She relaxed slightly once the boys were gone. She wasn't out of the frying pan yet but at least there would be no more deaths on her conscience today. She parked the car on the grass near the Whisperer. She heard his voice in her head as she got out of the car and resisted the eager to shiver. "Yes well, I hadn't planned on it myself but Yeager's pet monster is still after me so..."

She checked back down the street she had come from, making sure the beast wasn't on them yet. He couldn't be to far behind in any case. Yeager was still prone a few yards away but his wounds were nearly closed now. She wondered if she should get back in the car and run the bastard over a few times. Would that help or would it just make matters worse? It was impossible to tell.

She turned her attention back to the Whisperer and frowned when she realized he was still trapped in the summoning circle. "Why are you still here? You have your sign. Can't you use it to free yourself?"

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:21 pm

He gazed toward the sign and pointed a tentacle at it as if to draw her attention to it. Of course she knew better to look. So far the creature had not arrived on the scene, it was fast but she had to have gained some breathing room for the moment.

The boy is not with you?
Obvious since Simon was no longer present but he deflected her question for a brief moment, though he studied her reaction as if attempting to decipher the fate of the boy. A glance in the direction she came from and he looked back at her.

I cannot use it from here. I am contained to this area nor can I use my powers outside of this space so I have to wait for Yeager to recover and bring the sign to me. Unless you would be willing to do that.

Quite a big decision. Even tossing the sign in here will allow me to gain my complete freedom and thus freely use my powers though you can stay out there in safety until Yeager's pet arrives. Of course I cannot influence him unless he comes in here. If you enter then it is bound to do so but at the same time you would then have to deal with me. Of course all you would need to do is escape the circle but would that be possible?

I have waited this long, I can wait another hour even if I do not really wish to. You could speed up that process for me though, a favor for a favor perhaps.

Character Listing

Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:10 pm

"A favor for a favor, you say?" She glanced towards the sign, careful not to look directly at it. She wasn't sure she could pick up the sign and throw it to him without being warped by it. Still, the Whisperer was probably the only one who could actually take Yeager out permanently. If she could trust him that is. "I'm not necessarily opposed but what guarantees do I have that you won't just attack me again if I let you out? I would be just trading one monster for another, crueler one." She was gambling a lot on this conversation. She very little bargaining power, she knew. Yeager would be done healing soon and she'd have three unbeatable monsters to fight. Still, the Whisperer alone would be worse than either of the other two if she had no guarantee he'd not hurt her once she freed him. He said he only wanted the sign but she didn't trust him. Still, dealing with him was her best option at the moment. She just hoped his impatience to be free was great enough to have him keep talking to her.

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:44 pm

He had not ceased conversation with her and while the end was near waiting for Yeager to recover had to be like children eagerly awaiting their parents getting up on Christmas morning. Why Kristy if I was going to just attack you I would have never allowed you out of the circle in the first place.

You were mine to do as I wished with. I could even feel your thoughts and even sensed your ability to alter this place. Though of course with you out there I cannot read you now. In short you will either have to trust me or take your chances. Another means of looking at matters, even if I do end up attacking you Yeager's pet will get dealt with. It will brake into the circle to get at you and thus attempt to go through me. I cannot control it as Yeager but I can easily deal with the matter.

The choice of course is yours … though there may be another solution all together that may even appeal to you more, hm?

Character Listing

Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:08 pm

She raised a speculative brow at his words. She didn't like the reminder that she had been in his power earlier. He had invaded her thoughts as well as her body. But he was right, he'd had her at his mercy before and still he had let her go. "And that's another thing that didn't make sense to me. Why did you let me go? You didn't even have your hands on the sign yet." Perhaps he knew she would have to come back here eventually. Yeager was here after all and she couldn't go home until she had dealt with him. "You spoke of another solution. Were you speaking in general or did you actual have a suggestion in mind?"

Time was running out and the only other option she could see was her idea of hitting Yeager with her car. It likely wouldn't kill the bastard but it would slow down his recovery. She would buy herself more time perhaps. Of course, who knew what the beast would do if Yeager was too weak to control it. She'd rather strike a favorable deal with the Whisperer if she could swing it. If she wanted too long though she would have no choice but to take his first offer. Still, she wanted to know all her options first.

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:50 pm

I could see into your mind. You had a deal with Yeager and I honored it. The sign cannot be destroyed and at best you could only hide it from me in this place. At most I would have been sent back until Yeager had the means to fully pull me forth. This place is a transition of sorts drawing me one step closer to your dimension and with that sign I can progress from here to there.

Further, there is a trait of yours that interested me. While you are incapable of matching my power you have managed to thwart Yeager's, at least while he is unconscious for lack of a better word. Your alternate solution remains only until he recovers, that is the only hint I will give you as I am having a bit of fun attempting to read your thoughts in the more usual fashion. It is not often were I am completely cut off.

Oh, look, we have company. Well, you have a minute or two to decide judging on it's distance.

He was looking in the direction she had come from though she did not see anything just yet indicating his vision was better it wouldn't be long before she would see the creature heading this way.

Character Listing

Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:20 pm

"Oh fuck!" She swore as she looked in the direction that the alien god gestured in and saw the beast barreling towards them. The clock was running out and she couldn't stall any longer. She ran towards the sign and bent to grab for it without looking at it and hurled it into the circle. "I don't have time for guessing games. You want the sign? There it is. Now get rid of that thing!" She said pointing towards the monster heading towards them. She ran around to the other side of the circle so that it was between her and the monster but she stubbornly remained outside of it. She hope that putting it between then that the beast would simply try charging through it to get to her and then the Whisperer could dispatch it.

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:39 am

The sign clunked on the stone of that circle as she tossed it. Tentacles streaked toward it, eager to obtain it as she ran to the opposite side of the circle which was smart. He still did not have time to activate the sign and may have had time, it was hard to say with the creature approaching if he would finish.

Glancing towards the creature as she pointed those mouth tendrils twitched. Patience. He backed away more to the center of that circle. One tentacle wrapped about the sign drawing it in against his chest as if to protect it. The beast came straight ahead when it arrived, the creature came straight ahead and thus into that circle. It seemed that it would run right through the Whisperer though barely stepped foot into the circle before halting.

She could see how tense it was, struggling to move but couldn't. It roared, though the Whisperer ignored it and used the sign. There was a blue flash of light, electrical bolts on the inside of the circle striking an invisible barrier. It got too bright to see though when her vision cleared she was gazing at the Whisperer who had been out of the circle before her.

The creature had been gone though Yeager had been there the worms gathered around him appeared dead, Yeager was not but it seemed as if the death of those worms halted the recovery process.

A tentacle coiled about her thigh, then the other and next her arms hauling her off the ground and pulling her closer to him, face to face now.

You do realize that for the last hour or so you had a simple solution to this mess. Shall I tell you now? Though it will not be free.

Character Listing

Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:29 pm

She had expected trickery which was why she had remained outside the circle and let the beast's momentum carry him into the trap with the Whisperer. She should have run as soon. As the creature breached the barrier but the light show caught her off guard and momentarily blinded her. By the time her vision cleared the false god was in front of her and wrapping a tentacle around her leg.

"Son of a bitch!" She cursed alarm and nearly toppled backwards trying to get away from him. He caught her though and lifted her up into the air before him. She put up a token resistance but she knew it was useless. The bastard made her his empty offer to tell her what obvious answer she had missed for a price and she glared at him. "And what if I don't want to know it? It's not like it will do me any good now. You are just going to use it to gloat over me before you torture me again. Why even bother pretending that I have a choice anyway. You have me now, no one is left to rescue me, and you are going to do as you please no matter what I say. I mean it's not like you are just going to put me down and let me go if I say that I don't care what this oh so simple solution supposedly it, right?"

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:31 am

Gloat? Well a bit. She found it useless in her efforts to draw away though he was not grasping her tightly it was tight enough. His tentacles were deceptive too given his elastic nature he had a far greater reach then he appeared to have. A hand slowly washed over her side as she revealed that there was no one else to save her, only Yeager had been present and he wasn't about to go against him even if he honored their agreement it would place him in conflict with the boss.

He regarded her though. A favor for a favor, I will simply let you go about your way. But I will watch the show as you try to work out what to do now before Yeager recovers. He will recover, there are worms in this city that have yet to arrive so he's merely slowed down. Once he's recovered though he may be interested in pursuing you further. If you haven't noticed he's not really sane. Few of his followers were.

So you will have to risk that for yourself. Regardless though I will not stop you and in your current state you are aware of how easy I can do that if I wished it. On the other tentacle I will not stop Yeager either.
Oddly he had left it up to her though his hand did brush her side all the while that he “spoke”.

Character Listing

Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next