View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Headgirls 

Post Headgirls
I was thinking about the head girls and how they might actually be organized. There is an entire page devoted to them on the main site, but other then that nothing more is known about them. After reading the page on the head girls I got a bit of clearer understanding, and this is what I came up with.

Head girls - The head girls live with in the top levels of the dorm towers, and away from the normal student dorms that have been around for ten years now. Though there are only five to six head girls at a time, each head girl is responsible for a specific group of students. These students are normally from one of the student dorms the head girl has been assigned to oversee. Though selected by the headmasters the head girls report to the director of security.

Demerits - Head girls are responsible for handling the punishment of any student that has demerits with in their assigned dorm. Though a prefect might give a head girl a demerit for a student under another head girls watch. Demerits that have been given to a head girl for a student in another dorm are to be redirected to the proper head girl. Serious violations of the rules such as destruction of property, or harm to other students should be reported to the director of security immediately. Head girls are expected to hand out proper punishment for demerits. Failure to do so will cause for appropriate punishment.

Prefects - A Head girl may choose any number of prefects to help her with enforcing the University rules, as well help enforce rules in their assigned dormitory. Prefects report any demerits they have given out directly to the head girls, and any other suspicious activity they might have seen. Prefects are expected to behave themselves or receive punishment from their head girl. Prefects coming under the control of a new head girl are expected to move into the proper dormitory. Failure to discipline their prefects will cause the head girl in charge of the prefect to receive discipline.

Dealing with Visitors - When dealing with guest to the campus, a head girl is all ways expected to be on her best behavior. This includes entertaining the guest if need be, or helping the quest find something that will entertain them. For this reason head girls are given copies of a students schedule that fall under their dorm. They are also responsible for showing a list of all available entertainment that their dorm has. Though head girls can ask visitors to help them with a task, they are expected to give proper incentive for the visitor to help them. Failure to be cooperative with quest will result in punishment.

On Campus and during classes - When students are not in their dorms, and wandering around the campus during school hours. It is expected that the head girls enforce the rules on any and all suspected rule breakers. Regardless of where a student falls in overall jurisdiction the rules are to be enforced on any one seen breaking the rules. This can be done through demerits or on the spot punishment.

Well that is all that I have come up with after reading the head girls page, if you wish to read the page yourself you can find at the link given below.

Link to head girl page

Story Index: Yoko's encounters

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:26 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Headgirls
Did you ever think that maybe you think *too* much?

Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:01 pm

I don't think its really necessary to include a summary since there are sections that explain them both in detail. But I wouldn't mind putting the links in a section others may look more often. Though there is not much better than General Items (maybe How it Works or under the New Students and Headgirl/Prefect section).

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:19 pm
Site Admin

If there's anything you feel unclear on the web site, or anything that needs improving, it would be helpful if you asked questions or made suggestions. Random posts in which you appear to be setting or defining the way in which aspects of SHS exist or work can only cause confusion when they are read by other players.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Well the basic questions that came to mind when I read the head girl page were as follows.

Who do the head girls report to ? Do they report directly to the headmasters or do they report to the director of security ?

Are the head girls given a specific dorm to look over, if so are they responsible for the activities that go on in that dorm ?

How do head girls handle demerits given to them by other head girls prefects ?

Are head girls allowed to call for things such as uniform inspections ?

Are they allowed to punish rule violators on the spot ?

Those would be all my emediate questions on the subject.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:30 pm
Site Admin

Ike Haw wrote:
Well the basic questions that came to mind when I read the head girl page were as follows.

Who do the head girls report to ? Do they report directly to the headmasters or do they report to the director of security ?

Are the head girls given a specific dorm to look over, if so are they responsible for the activities that go on in that dorm ?

Those would be all my emediate questions on the subject.

OK, I can work with this a lot better, thanks.

Quote:

Head Girls normally report to their Headmaster but for potential security breaches they will go to see the director of security

Quote:

Yes and yes

Quote:

A prefect is lower than a head girl so she can't give a demerit to one of them.

Quote:

HG's are encouraged to do such things, both to enforce discipline and for their own entertainment.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:17 pm

I just realized the second to last question was worded wrong. I meant for it to have a different question there, but the information given is still nice to know. What I actually meant to ask was this:

How do head girls handle demerits reported to them by other head girls prefects ?

The answers given so far have been helpful in clearing up the confusion I had about the head girls so far.

Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:45 pm
Site Admin

Why would a prefect report to anyone other than their own HG? That seems to be stretching things beyond the normal needs of a fantasy roleplay.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]