View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 In Search of a Challenge (Romily) 

Post In Search of a Challenge (Romily)
The shuttle deposited me at Shokushu space port. Apparently there was a 'school' here that acted as a hunting preserve for monstrous beings, but that wasn't why I had come. Mercilessly raping the helpless human girls there was hardly worthy of the honor of a Drakken warrior. No, I preferred a different sport; I had come to visit the arena.

Engaging my wings, I had flew low over the sea, keeping out of sight of any who were not supposed to know about such as myself. After but a few minutes of sub-sonic cruising I approached the arena complex, landing in a large square outside the theater of battle. A few seconds' reconnoiter directed me to a building marked 'Registration.'

The large doors and spacious interior were obviously made with creatures even larger than me in mind and for once I moved easily, not worrying about knocking things over or banging my head on the ceiling. Not that I hadn't met other creatures as large or larger than me before, but the majority of the galaxy seemed to be made for midgets.

Awaiting my turn at the registration desk, I took in the rankings board. I wondered what sort of fighter I would be paired up against. I had gathered that many of the matches here were rigged for the monstrous combatant to win, but that's not what I sought. In fact, I planned to even the field even more.

At first, an amazonian woman named Iria caught my eye, it seemed she was a local favorite with a number of wins to her credit. But farther down, there was another. Romily - she was given wild-card status. Apparently she had been quite a sensation at other arenas and was a bit of a prodigy as well . . .

"Next," the attendant called. She was a cute little purple-skinned girl with long fuzzy ears sticking up from a mane of darker colored hair. I stepped up to her and smiled.

"Name," she returned with a bored expression.

"Vorgamnon," I stated clearly. She made a note.

"Species?" The exchange continued for while along those lines before finally settling on my preferences.

"I'm looking for a challenge," I said. "Not just someone to humiliate and rape." The attendant's eyes widened slightly in surprise.

"No rigging, then," she said, making a note. "Though I don't know if anyone in the stables will be able to match your strength."

"I'll take care of that," I said. "Just give me the best you've got." I smiled again.

"Very well, sir. Step through that door and wait for your match to be called."

I entered the waiting area and stood patiently. Passersby might even have thought I was a statue. Though the roar of the crowds filtered in from the arena floor nearby, my bio-mechanical cybernetic systems maintained a calm, easy state of being. But if I had had blood, it would have been boiling in anticipation.

Full Character Listing

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:35 am

Post Re: In Search of a Challenge (Romily)
((For ease of searching - link to the profile of Romily can be found here))

"Romily! You're up!"

The guard growled out my name and gestured to the huge Arena doors which even as I watched were being opened. I have to admit this was the worst bit for me. The anticipation always made me want to go to the loo! The unknown of stepping out into an arena, seeing who my partner would be... It made me giddy in both the best and worst ways.

As I walked up the short corridor I had a moment to reflect what had brought me here. I had been minding my own business at a bar on a planet that the inhabitants called Dri. Its translation as I had been told quite literally meant "Dry" which actually summed up the dustball quite nicely. The only point of note about it was that it was a stop off for traders (with a high amount of slavers among them) on their way around their business. I had no problems with slaves or slavers really as long as they upheld there promises and looked after those in there care. It all made the universe tick and many slaves I had seen were treated better than so-called "free" people. After all, it was nice to be looked after!) Anyway, just across from the bar was a bank and, late at night while I was relaxing some idiots decided to rob it.

Now, I rather pride myself on being mild-mannered and I was rather annoyed that people would rob a bank like that, taking things that clearly didn't belong to them so I simply went to have a word. Unfortunately these particular people were armed with high powered assault weaponry and proceeded to open fire. I had dived for cover and I found out another point about the armoured men.

They were terrible shots.

In a few moments they had demolished the bar, the house beside it and despite the sheer amout of shots they so far hadn't really got close to hitting me. I was, how we say "a little upset" at this needless destruction and took action, knocking them out for the local law to deal with. To cut out a couple of days of boring arguments and recriminations the end result was that I found myself being blamed for the entire affair and with death threats from the "friends" of those idiot armsmen, combined with some saying that I should be liable for the damages rather than the people who actually did the damage I was starting to wonder how I was going to help out. I rather wanted to just help with the rebuild but no-one seemed interested, much more concerned with placing blame.

What is this universe coming too eh? Still, a bit of luck did occur, in that a passing trader offered to give me a lift off that planet for the price of fighting for him in the arena he was heading too. I jumped at the chance! It had been too long since I had fought in one and I found I was quite looking forward to it! I couldn't quite help think that his offer came at the most oppertune of times but I really wasn't going to.. er.. what was the phrase... "Look a gift horse in the mouth" (Nope. No idea what a horse is or was but it seemed appropriate!)

The arena we were headed for was Shokushu. I, of course, had heard of that arena although I had never fought there before. What I had heard was that the school there was filled with young human girls that the other aliens could visit. Many of these girls were sold by the school after their graduation to various owners or even to the arenas in some cases. I had heard once that the reason it existed was to protect their entire homeworld - which in my eyes was a singularly noble sacrifice. I had actually met a couple of ex-students over the years and they had both seemed happy, although a little resigned. It seemed that some of their owners had been more than a little rough which was more than a shame and I wished (once again) that people treated each other much more fairly than oft happened. It was also a little shame that the girls couldn't see what they were doing for their entire planet. (Yes, I know its technically my planet aswell but given as its sealed off from me visiting I never really think of it as "home." My home... well, thats a different much longer story, one for another time.)

When I got the arena the captain of the ship "Fortunes Gambit" wasted no time at getting me registered. I had actually only been here a single day before I was called. They, as always, didn't tell me a single thing about who I was facing and left me to find out myself.

So it was I stepped past the guard through the doors onto the sand, taking my first look at the armoured beast of a machine across from me. His metallic scales glinted in the sunlight and he looked calm, unconcerned. He was BIG though!

I grinned as I stood, stretching myself through the simple exercises as the crowd roared. The stretches served a dual purpose. One which was make sure I was relaxed and could move without pulling something. The other was that it flaunted my body for the crowds enjoyment! I could even hear my name chanted and I waved back. I did so love the crowd! I never quite understood how shows like this always brought such gatherings... While I loved the fight and the sex I couldn't quite wrap my brain around the appeal for so many people watching!

Completing my calisthenics I stood in my white latex leotard given to me by the arena. It simply cut straight down my figure hugging my curves while giving me complete freedom of movement. My red hair was braided tightly behind me held in place by my clasp and I was in a good mood. I heard the announcer start his introductions.

Last edited by Momo on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:40 am

I didn't have to wait long. An attendant called my name softly and buzzed me through into the arena floor. I strode through the arched tunnel (again comfortably sized) into the battleground itself, paying no notice as the gates clanged shut behind me. The crowd murmured as they sized me up. A few seemed enthusiastic to see me - they were the types who would likely cheer a block of cement if it was wheeled into the arena. But for the most part, I was a newcomer and an unknown, drawing few cheers. I considered briefly the idea of taking flight and giving a show for them, but such meaningless gestures meant nothing in the end. They would learn what I was capable of when the fight started.

Though none would be able to tell from my passive expression, I watched eagerly as the far gates opened to admit my opponent. At first, I thought there might be some mistake. The little girl in her white outfit seemed out of place in the arena. Still, I studied her closely as she stretched and showed off for the crowd. They certainly seemed to know her! Some were even chanting her name. Romily. It was the first confirmation I got that I had drawn the wild-card.

As I watched her, information flowed into my mind. My Maker scanners decoded her biology easily, and I quickly learned she was more than she seemed. Much more than she seemed! Such strength and resilience in such a small package. Her capabilities were quite impressive! With careful concentration, I lowered my power output to match hers. I was surprised at how little I had to limit myself, yet fully half my strength evaporated in an instant. Everything seemed heavier and sluggish. If I had needed to breathe, I would have been gasping for air. But, as it was, I gave no outward sign of this change, still simply standing passively waiting for the match to start.

"Ladies, gentlebeings and sentients of all persuasion! Welcome to today's Wild Card match!" The crowd roared with approval at the sound of the announcer's voice over the loudspeakers. "The rules are simple: The gladiatrix has merely to subdue her opponent before her rapes her! . . . otherwise, she's already lost." One could almost hear the host wink to the crowd. "Of course we all know this gladiatrix prefers things a little differently . . . " The remark and its answering roar of laughter were an exchange I didn't completely understand.

"Now, let us meet today's competitors:" A spotlight descended upon me, making my hide glint under the enhanced illumination. "Straight from the edge of the Void; At eight feet three inches and seven-hundred forty pounds, he's a cybernetic behemoth from long, long ago or a galaxy far, far away; Last of an ancient race - It's his first time in the arena, so give him a warm welcome: Vooooorgamnon! The Draken warrior!" I winced inwardly at the mis-pronunciation of my species name. It rankled my pride, but I held my tongue, merely raising a fist to the mild applause of the crowd. Though I would have a 'word' or two with the announcer later.

"And now, his vic- er- opponent!" The spotlight shifted over to cover the gladiatrix opposite me as the announcer drew breath to introduce her . . .

Full Character Listing

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:58 am

"And now, his vic- er- opponent! We’re sure some of you have heard of the little human that can! A human from the space lanes that loves the arena so much she visits us! Standing at a mere 5 feet 8 inches but she weighs in at an impressive three hundred and twelve pounds! Beautiful to look at and she packs a punch that you won’t believe! This is the first time she has graced our humble arena and we’re sure she won’t let us down with our show today! I give to you all, Romilllly!"

As the spotlight descended on me I made a little curtsy, fanning out an imaginary skirt as I gracefully lowered my body and head before rising again to the cheers of the crowd. Again, I heard my name called and I beamed. There was nothing quite like being cheered for!

“Now! As you have all know this is a completely fair fight!” There were chuckles at the idea that a 8ft tall armoured killing machine versus a human was in any way “fair” The announcer let the chuckles die down before he continued. “There are to be no weapons, no cheating and absolutely nothing underhand!”

There were a couple of good natured boo’s shouted out at that. With a chuckle the announcer finished off his introductions.

“So! This fight should be up close and personal just the way you like it! So now, without further ado, let our combatants begin!”

I had listened to the announcers introduction to Vorgamnon with interest. New to the arena? I wondered what he was here for! Perhaps I would have a chance to ask him afterwards, whoever won.

I walked lightly towards the centre, my hips swaying. As I stepped the crowds noise faded in my ears as I sized up my partner. I was actually a little nervous at the pure size of this Vorgamnon. With him almost half again my height and double my weight I knew that I had a lot to do… But what fun it would be! I kept my eyes on him, watching how he moved, gauging his speed and strength. I liked what I saw! He was truly impressive! Those shards of metal that made up his skin glittered in the light and he moved with confident, calm moves. If he was strong as he was big I would have to be careful otherwise he’ld end up knocking me out with his first punch which would be no fun at all.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:21 pm

I moved forward slowly, matching my opponent's pace. I continued to study her, impressed by the level of grace she achieved despite her unusual muscular density. From the perspective of an outside observer, my own motions were probably similar, though in truth I felt like a drunken bardleth (*a giant six-legged creature analogous to an elephant*) with arthritis. I noted a bit of apprehension in Romily's expression; not fear or worry, really, just a dose of caution. Of course it was nearly buried by the almost joyous anticipation she exhibited in general. Such an interesting creature this Romily. I found myself rather liking her spirit. It almost made me feel bad about the beating I would administer.

But though I was confident, I was far from reckless. At exactly ten feet from my opponent, I stopped and raised my tail above my head in the ancient Drakken salute. Then I assumed a balanced stance. Neither offensive or defensive, this form was meant to increase one's reaction times and ability to respond appropriately to an opponent's actions. Beginning to circle, I watched Romily closely, trying to gauge her skill and aggression. Would she attack, or wait for me to commit? I suspected the latter, but readied myself in any case.

Full Character Listing

Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:49 am

As he stopped a little away from me he raised his tail above his head. His stance was completely wrong for any type of attack that I had ever seen so I assumed it was some kind of salute. THAT was a new thing! But I rather liked it! Once again I dipped my head, dropping my weight slightly into a balanced curtsy, my arms fanning out wide, returning the "salute" with one of my own.

Returning to a more appropriate stance I continued to size up my opponent as he circled me. Watching him move I noticed that there seemed to be something slightly amiss. He moved like someone who had just set foot on a planet with a higher gravity than they were used to... Like there was something weighing him down that he wasn't used too. It was there in the small hitch in the way he picked up his tail, the tiny hesitation as he moved into a perfectly balanced stance like he had to first re-assess that balance from whatever his normal centre was...

It was such a small thing I doubted that it would impair him but I did wonder if it was something I could use. We circled, my bare feet making impressions in the ground. I needed to see just how quick and strong he was and circling wasn't teaching me anything I new from what I had already seen. Besides, I would get dizzy eventually!

Breaking from the circling I stepped in with small steps, quickly closing the gap while keeping my own weight low. I stepped into his reach and dared him to strike at me, prepared to defend and retreat. I was looking forward to seeing what pace my partner of the day would set!

Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:20 pm

The crowd didn't seem to know what to make of our exchange of salutes, nor of our circling and testing. I would bet they were more used to seeing a monster such as me charge in immediately. But three thousand years of combat against the Nemesis tended to teach caution.

Romily's advance was an obvious probe, but it was not the Drakken way to ignore an opening. Still, I was not ready to commit to an all out attack. So my response was as much a probe as her open. Since her posture was low, my attack started low - a quick tail sweep which spun me sideways. However, I used my momentum to follow through with a midrange back-fist to bring me back into ready posture. I expected neither part of the attack to truly connect and there was little power behind them. Mostly I was just gauging response times and skill level.

Full Character Listing

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:12 am

The tailsweep I stepped over as crashing to the ground this early would have been simply embarrassing! It was slow... Languid. Like he was testing me! Ha! I liked this Vorgamnon!

I was still smiling as he completed the turn, a backfist swinging at me with impressive speed. Rather than duck, or counter it I lifted my guard and braced. I still wanted to see how strong her was after all! As it turned out the impact was disapointing for someone that was a lot bigger than me! I have to admit that I was expecting even a light hit like that to rock me... as it was I didn't even need to brace!

Braced as I was there was little I could do, my feet in completely the wrong place to do anything. I felt a little guilty, these first few minutes must have been boring for anyone watching!

Because of that thought, I didn't wait for another set of small exchanges. As much as I enjoyed seeing how someone moved, testing and being tested this wasn't that time. I was already stepping into his reach again as I saw him return to ready, this time my attack head on, and not holding back. My fist came straight forward, aiming for the huge target his chest presented. After all, his scales are metal... Lets see if he can take a hit!

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]