View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Advice for New Monsters 

Post Advice for New Monsters
First, be aware of the Campus Rules. This topic also has information on the world of Shokushu and its theme.

Second, you may want to look at the HELP FOR NEWBIES topic. This topic has a basic character sheet to get you started, as well as some more world/theme information.

Also, make sure you realize that Religious-themed monsters are not allowed.

Third, if I come across any useful information, I will post it in this thread.

And most importantly...Have fun!

Dendrite, irresistibly helpful tentacled alien! Message me to move your completed threads.

"You've got to be able to fuck when they can't."
--Jason Carter

As seen on Something Awful!

Sat May 05, 2007 7:52 pm

Post Advice for New Monsters - Human Forms
Originally posted by Niceman on the previous board.

=====

Of late I've been seeing more and more new monsters join up that not only have human forms, they feel they are required. In no way shape or form are human forms necessary or encouraged to have a successful monster. Some of the best monster characters we've had are as far from human as you can get. I wanted therefore to take a bit of time and address the thought of having a human disguise.

The rules state that human forms are only to be used as lures and temporary disguises for the purpose of getting a girl into an area/situation suitable for attack. This means that 99% of the time your monster should be in your true monster form, and when an attack happens your monster is required to drop all pretenses and ravage the girl as its true self. You may be asking why this rule is in place. The reason is before this rule, we had monsters assume human form and never leave it. They'd masquerade as whomever, but that's all they'd play. Worse were the ones pretending to be students.... living in the dorm, going to class. They'd even allow themselves to get attacked (usually so they could turn into a monster and have a big fight, which is another problem entirely). In any event, we had to add the rule restricting human forms. More often than not the real reason why people have human forms is to be all hot and sexy without the monster...perhaps to get a girlfriend or something. I know that's harsh to say, but take a look at how many human forms are 19 year old shirtless hunks (no offense to those who have those, but its something to think about). The RP here isn't about human-human sex, nor is it a dating service. People come here for MONSTERS raping women.

Now, when making your monstrous character and you're considering a human form, keep in mind these very important questions:

1) DOES IT MAKE SENSE? I've seen so many monsters come through that have human forms, but only a handful actually make sense to have it. Just because you're a demon or 'was human once' doesn't mean you have access to a human form now. Stop and think about the reasons. Don't look for reasons to justify it for the sake of having it. Be objective. Just having a form so you can chat up a hot babe before attacking her isn't a good enough reason. In addition to the physiognomy of your monster, having a human form is dependant on his function as well. This goes with your monster's personality and style and tactics. If he's a trapper, then a human form may be useful. An infiltrator or one who likes being devious might also find it handy. A smash-and-grab type of monster, who just bursts onto the scene and takes what he wants, has no need of it, nor has a creature who likes to chase and harry his prey.

2) IF A HUMAN FORM, HOW WILL YOU USE IT? Just because you DO have a human form, doesn't mean you should use it all the time or frivously. My own monster, Soth-Guardian, because it's how he was developed as a human-alien hybrid in my Retribution story series has access to a human form, but he's a direct type of monster. He has nothing but contempt for humanity so he revels in his monster side. His tactics are to terrorize and chase if he's feeling playful, but otherwise he takes what he wants when he wants. In the past few years that I've played him he's used a human disguise MAYBE three or four times, and each was a special circumstance.

A couple of the times he used it would be such that perhaps a stalker or chaser type of monster might employ a form.... to lure a girl off by herself (or in his case a group of girls ). Then, shifting into monster form when they are well away from the safety of the campus the monster terrorizes the girls into running so he may enjoy the chase...or to slip off and quietly and insidiously stalk the girls while they look for their companion who suddenly has disappeared.

Dendrite, irresistibly helpful tentacled alien! Message me to move your completed threads.

--Jason Carter

Sat May 05, 2007 8:21 pm

Post Students and their memory
Given that we students aren't supposed to really know whas going on except to be slightly haunted, perhaps....I would suggest to all you monsters that once you have had your way with our lovely nubile young bodies you do something to erase the memory in a manner of speaking.

Some do so directly, or through magic, or maybe the school admin had given you a shot that when administered screws with the human mind enough to make a nightmare but loose the reality of the event.

And to cover all those damages that you do...well remember the nanabots slaving away night after night. Making sure that you remain invisible to me the student. Have some fun, include it....its part of the whole scene....physical rape then mess with our poor student minds......Treat the whole patient.

Put me in a brand new uniform when your done with me, let me wonder .... wonder why hair don't grow were it used too (thanks Jacknife) there can be telltales left over.... but at that point is all a guessing game....I jus don't remember. That way there is fear for each event....

Well back to me own area, utterly unaware of what be happening cept something jus ain't right 'bout this place..... like me hairs.... an me nightmares.... an the way I jump at noise in the night......Of course, I forget all on me own.... :shock:

Cassie

Cassie's Adventures Blog

Cala (Future Prefect)
Bio and adventures

Sun May 20, 2007 7:56 pm
Profile WWW

I would have to say I'd disagree, Cassie. From what I've seen, memory erasure has never been a big part of stories on Shokushu. There are girls who remember everything. OOCly speaking, they don't want to play scenes where they try to reveal the truth to the student body at large...there's not really any point, 'cause we're all here for roughly the same sort of fantasy. ;) ICly speaking there are any number of reasons for this; the girls are afraid of speaking up, any who make a fuss are sent to the nurse's office or NICE Labs...

My point is that nobody should feel obligated to have memory erasure as part of their roleplays. Now, if you want to do it, well, you go ahead...That's something you work out with your roleplay partner(s). But I don't think it needs to be a part of every roleplay.

--Jason Carter

Sun May 20, 2007 8:08 pm

Right. I mean, my character erases memories on some occasions, but in many cases, it is just as or even more erotic to let them keep it a part of them forever... (evil smile)

Sun May 27, 2007 8:06 pm
Profile YIM

Then I should just check this out... My monster uses his humn form to lur th girls away. I know it's not much in the form of creative, but he likes to catch their attention as a young man playing the flute. In my first story, i used the human form a bit too long, but mostly, i plan to use it only to lure them away. Then the monster will take over, although most of the lureing will be magical... like creaturs chaseing them... somthing to cause them mass fear.

excuse any errors please, my keyboard has been messing up lately.

Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:02 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Advice for New Monsters
Fixed the links for the new forum.

--Jason Carter

Sun May 25, 2008 5:06 am

Dendrite the help for newbies link isn't working for me.Could someone just post it here?

Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:31 am

knock wrote:
Dendrite the help for newbies link isn't working for me.Could someone just post it here?

I've fixed the links for the threads you are looking for Knock, also for other information on the site, them, and other newbie threads visit the How it Works Forum.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:07 am

Oops. Thanks for fixing that, Christine!

--Jason Carter

Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:44 pm

Ah, so Mags is more or less all right due to his conceit. I needed to give him 'humanity' because I just couldn't picture myself being an instinct-driven, animal-like monster. So I tossed in hedonism to the mix because he's a sensation fiend, meaning he finds little curious wonders in things humans take for granted.

But I think it wouldn't hurt to make him a lot more direct...

'Thine eyes unsleeping.'

(Interested Parties, PM. I don't bite. Mags has his ways...)

Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:59 am

I was wondering; would it be within the rules to have a monster who rapes "against his will", so to speak? I was thinking of a monster who's generally well-intentioned - he really just wants to get along with the girls he encounters. However, he's prone to fits of lecherousness during which he does rape girls, fits which he regrets afterward... so concretely, the raping will be the same, but the introduction and ending would be a little different. I thought it'd be an interesting change of pace, but I'm not sure if it'd be allowed.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:24 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Monsters motivations are up to you.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]