View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 10:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Manos 

Post Manos
Physical Appearance: Manos resembles a dark-skinned Mediterranean man that stands roughly two meters in height. Its most distinctive feature is a large segmented shroud that hangs from his shoulders and drags along the ground, which is composed of hands overlapping and entwining with each other. This shroud is animate and highly agile, as well as unweaving itself into long links of arms to snatch unwary prey and drag it back to Manos. All hands move independently and possess the same characteristic dark skin as their host, and share some of the hive intelligence that motivates the entire creature.

The humanoid body at the center lacks proper legs, instead bearing a quartet of highly muscled arms at the hip joint that propel Manos along at considerable speeds, akin to a centaur. Sheathes of skin protect its mating organs, a pair of long cocks that bear a distinct similarity to an equine's, though smaller due to the decreased body size.

The skin is uniformly dark, as previously noted, and deeply muscled. Always slick with sweat and some form of oil that smells faintly of saffron, it is difficult to grip.

Manos's face is a leering, ivory-toothed menace, with eyes as bright as the full moon, iridescent in the dark and easily spotted even in the dimmest of light. Thick, curly black hair falls down its shoulders and drape the cruel smile always present on its face in an ebony veil.

Unusual Abilities: Manos is as agile as a creature a fourth of its mass, and is fully capable of transversing wall and ceiling with the aid of its shroud's impressive grip. It is also strong enough to bend and tear steel in its grip, should an obstacle bar it from its prey.

Manos possesses an ability to track its prey over any distance and through any barrier through some metaphysical mean. It frequently allows its victim to gain distance before beginning pursuit again, the chase as vital to Manos as the hunt.

The shroud itself, the most distinctive feature of Manos, bears some similarity to a bird's wing in its structure, but with mobility and strength far beyond what should physiologically be possible.

Manos speaks fluently in any language it has heard in the last fourty-eight hours, but appears to lose them from memory beyond that threshold. Without outside vocal imput, it makes a number of feline noises, akin to mewling, yowling, and screeching, and perhaps even a purr.

Psychological Profile: Manos is noted to have several cat-like traits - fond of rough horseplay, it frequently chases its prey and bats it about until the target is exhausted, then descends on it in a frenzy. Despite this, it has a low frustration tolerance, and denial of its prey will rapidly cause it to become violent and angry.

Evidently sentient, Manos is capable and willing to communicate, but invariably it utters nothing but taunts, insults, and meaningless queries. Threats do not give it pause, but pleading is apparently pleasing to its enormous ego, and it will frequently pause and bask in the fear before resuming its chosen activity.

Reconstructed History: Manos's point of origin is the former lodgings of a Dr. Yohan Debriego, a noted xenobiologist and theorist. After eight days of no contact with Dr. Debrigo, one of his collegues opened his apartment door and was promptly eviscerated by Manos, who then escaped into the nearest shuttle station and evacuated for deep space. Dr. Debriego's remains were found scattered through all four rooms of his domicile, and his research notes and personal laptop had all been destroyed. Afterwards it migrated in the direction of the closest, most favorable hunting ground - a virtual predator's paradise, Shokushu campus.

Dr. Debrigo's personal journal, the doctor's only personal artifact to survive Manos's rampage, merely indicates that he has developed an interest a new, highly sentient lifeform, and that he held plans to attempt to draw a reaction from it with various stimuli on the morrow.

Whatever lead him to create or discover Manos, the method is gone now.

Requests for a name during its stay at Shokusho have produced nothing but taunts - Manos is simply a moniker by the scientists of N.I.C.E. Laboratories that the creature has taken a fancy to.

Quick Fact Sheet:

Height: 2 m

Weight: 418 kg

Skin Color: Mocha, Dark Brown

Skin Texture: Warm, Slick, Muscular

Hair: Thick, Black, Curly

Body Build: Centauric, Powerful

Tentacles/Wings/Etc: None

Cock Size, Number: 18 cm, two (2)

Clothing: None, with possible exception of shroud

Dislikes: Impudence

― Italo Calvino

Profile: http://shokushu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=151237#p151237

Last edited by Manos on Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:17 am

Post Re: Manos
Sorry, no monsters can be from Earth.

And I'm reminded of "Manos: Hands of Fate" there.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:18 pm
Profile WWW

Hail MST3K! I'm glad someone caught it.

Edited out the Earther history with some generic mad scientist word filler that will probably drive me nuts and force me to revise it with details and other horrible things at a later date.

Anything else catch your eye as bothersome and/or nonpermissible?

― Italo Calvino

Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Love the beastie! Welcome to Shokushu!

Remember though, No breaking the students! (We're only human!)

Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:55 pm

Ffff, that would be silly. This is a protected wildlife reserve! D:

Also, err, I don't know the protocol of this board, so where should I be going first? Is there a required introductory post (beyond putting up a profile, obviously)? Do I just leap in, arms flailing? I'd really prefer to not step on anyone's toes.

― Italo Calvino

Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Welcome to Shokushu!

You just have to wait for approval from an Admin on your charrie bio after whatever revisions might be needed (or not needed).

I'm always up for a scene, shoot me a PM and we can work something out!

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 pm
Profile YIM

Once a mod/admin gives the all clear (as Kieran says) then you can either PM people and ask, or set up a thread in the search for a partner thread and go from there (viewforum.php?f=11) - As far as i'm aware no-one is really worried about random PM's (or is that just me? :P)

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Noted! I'll sit on my hands for a bit and soak in the writing. Forewarned is forearmed.

. . . quite likely not how that colliqualism is meant to be used, but alas, I must make do with what poor tools are at my command.

― Italo Calvino

Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:06 pm

There's no rule that says they "have to be approved" by a mod or admin, it's more a suggestion really.

Anyway, what's his reason for being on Shokushu?

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:50 pm
Profile WWW

Oo! Learn something new every day! - I always thought it was a mandate because without said approval then its easy to start a thread and get yourself locked before you really start - its easier to fit in before you get going as it were...

But we bow to you Madison :D

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Because Shokushu is like, sexual predator Shangri-La. As soon as Manos heard of it, it would have booked it straight for the campus and the scores of relatively defenseless and delicious prey there.

. . . really would have helped if I had kept that in my profile, though. Edited it in for completionist's sake.

And besides, it doesn't hurt me to play nice.

Out of character, anyways. Probably wouldn't fly IC.

― Italo Calvino

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:59 pm

Well, remember, there are many eyes out there. ^_^

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:07 pm
Profile WWW

And how many of those eyes happen to come attached to a single body, in this place?

Besides, voyeurism seems to fit right in.

― Italo Calvino

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:21 pm

And here is a welcome from me! Don't hurt us too much ;)

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:15 am

Salutations, Alynia! Thank you for the gracious welcome. :D

And really it would be in poor taste to do any lasting damage, so you hardly have to worry about that. Here's hoping I see you in the field sometime.

― Italo Calvino

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next