View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Perchance to Dream (For Aegir) 

Post Re: Perchance to Dream (For Aegir)
Anger suddenly flamed up in Nell's core and she shot back a retort coolly. "My father chooses our dignitaries, not I. Clearly this Wilhelm is a skilled liar if he was able to gain an audience with your king on several occasions before it was reveal he was a scoundrel and my father is no less capable of being deceived as your king is."

She was spoiling for a fight now but was interrupted by Serg bringing in the wine. Nell did not remember being in the habit of drinking wine before bed but perhaps one of her people had sent it knowing how unnerved she was. There were good people in her court no matter what Gunthir and his prince believed. ((I am assuming the Black Knight was the Sparthian Prince.))

She waited contemptuously as Gunthir poured himself a glass first. She hoped he would choke on it. His attractiveness was completely lost on her as his manners had already painted him as a beast. She instead turned her attention to the fair haired servant and smiled warmly at him as she accepted the goblet from him. "Thank you, Serg. You do not have to stay..." She said in a way that implied that she would not blame him if he wished to retreat with this room as much as she did.

I have decided that I'm not taking on any new RPs for now. I am going to focus on the couple of games I have going right now and once they are finished I'm going to be taking a break. Not sure when I'll be back but I likely will be some day.

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:05 pm

"I shall stay, it's no bother, I would have to collect the goblets for the kitchen staff anyway," Serg answered. He moved back towards the wall of the room after setting his tray down until it was time to go. "What is this business I hear? The princess is to be held here?"

"No," Gunthir answered as he took as sip of wine and sighed at the taste, there was nothing like it in Spartha. "She is free to go wherever she wills, I was only told to watch her."

Serg nodded. "The gossip of this evening has already gotten out among the staff. Her highness is not guilty of such crimes and shouldn't be held accountable, but what do I know being a simple groom?"

He gazed at Gunthir then flickered his gaze in Nell's direction, his head bowing as he did so as if he spotted something interesting on the carpeted floor of the room, of course there was nothing present.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:55 pm

"Thank you again for your words." Nell smiled at the groom, glad to have an ally. She watched his gaze flicker from her face to the carpet and she wondered if it was her station that made him nervous. "Do not debase yourself for being for your station. Even a groom can see how wrong this situation is." She spoke pointedly towards the Sparthian soldier. She was still annoyed with him and eager to start a fight though at this point she still had no greater aim than to simply vent her emotions. "Your arguments are the same as mine but it seems Spartha is deaf to such reason."

I have decided that I'm not taking on any new RPs for now. I am going to focus on the couple of games I have going right now and once they are finished I'm going to be taking a break. Not sure when I'll be back but I likely will be some day.

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:14 pm

"At least we are not speechless to such atrocities ... oh, wait, you've got your own ways about you to ensure that." Gunthir retorted. He drained his wine then refilled his goblet. By this point Serg had looked up though by judging him it would be seen that yes, he was nervous in her royal presence but he had been more so of Gunthir's.

His large frame, the fact that he was armed and the whole matter that he was showing disrespect to a royal. His station was greater than his to be sure though not equal to a monarch or those of royal blood, not even an enemy.

Thus Serg watched the proceedings uneasily, then off handed stated: "What if Wilhelm is found but he is no longer of this world? Would your liege be content with a corpse that he cannot extract vengeance upon?"

"I know not his royal sire's mind, that would be for him to decide."

Character Listing

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:26 pm

Nell had no answer for Gunthir's prior statement. She would like to think that she would have spoken out against such crimes had she known about them but the sad truth was she had kept herself willfully ignorant about the goings on of the war until now. Did turning a blind eye make her as guilty as Wilhelm? She pondered this as she crossed back to her bed with her untouched glass of wine. Surely she was not on par with a lying rapist but she wasn't really innocent. She sat down on her bed and sipped her wine solemnly. She caught part of Serg and Wilhelm's conversation and shook her head. "I will be very much surprised if Wilhelm is found at all. He must have known what role his actions must have played in starting this war. If he is half as intelligent as he is wicked he will have left the country the instant he heard that the Sparthian army was on the move. It is a kind of cruelty to give us only three days for such an impossible task..."

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:22 am

"I think that it's the point, to make things impossible ... but all is not lost .... Wilhelm is reasonably intelligent but has his own flaws so it is possible that he is still within the borders of the nation," Serg returned, taking a glance at Gunthir as he began.

Gunthir failed to rise to the bait though, feigning ignorance. What his liege decided to do was up to him and him alone so it was no place for him to respond to this. Serg fell silent at this, waited for there drinks to be finished before departing (Gunthir had another before all was said and done).

It was after a night of fitful sleep that Nell woke, dressed and consumed breakfast. She found out that during the day that all Wilhalem's usual haunts were being check and his associates and family rounded up and question but as evening set in she was reminded that the first day had concluded and there were but two left.

Character Listing

Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:18 am

"What was her name?" Nell asked Gunthir as they retired to her chamber for a second night. She found she could not stand another night of angry words and bitter repose. So, tonight she was determined to fill the silence with something meaningful. "Your princess, I mean. It occured to me today that I did not even know that much about her. If I am to punished for her sake I think I should try to learn as much about her as I can. Did you know her at all? What she was like? I don't even know how old she was." She was eager to learn more about the Sparthian princess. A whole day and night to reflect on her fate had shaken her and she felt she understood this princess she had never seen. "She was clearly a special person for her country to go to these lengths to avenge her."

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:47 am

"Phebe. Her name was Phebe though I did not know her too well being merely a royal guard for her. She was older than I, a few days removed from her 22nd birthday but from what I observed during my closeness to her had been that she was a bright individual, fare and juste," Gunthir explained.

He was about to say more when there was a knock on the door and in came Serg again with his tray, goblets and bottle of fine wine. "Drink, milady?"

Gunthir was already helping himself, pouring himself a gobletful as Serg gazed at her awaiting for her answer.

Character Listing

Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:29 pm

"Just, you say?" Nell fell silent for a moment. A part of her wanted to ask him if he though Phebe would have seen her brother's plan for vengance just but she refamed. It wasn't a question for Gunthir really. It was a question for the Prince. "She must have been a fine woman for you to praise her thus. Given your apparent dislike of royality... Or is it just my royal family you dislike?"

Serg came in at this point and she was truly glad to seen him. Glad to see any friendly face really. "Yes, thank you." She took another glass of wine from him and drank it more willingly than the night before. She hoped to get a better nights rest tonight and the wine could only aide her in this goal. "What about your Prince?" She addressed Gunthir again. "What sort of man is he?"

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:31 am

"I have no ill will towards the Sparthian royal family, they have done me no wrong throughout my life and like my father and his father before him I have taken a pledge to serve the royal family as part of their royal guard, an honor that has been in my family for quiet some time now."

He fell silent as Serg entered, again smelling the wine first and sampling it before going on to answer her next question. Her thoughts about Phebe could have been answered by Gunthir had he wished too but it would have had a slant from his perspective.

"Prince Vek? He is fair, though wrathful when crossed. He is out going and a go getter when there is something that he wants."

Character Listing

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:02 am

"And right now he wants Wilhelm..." She sighed heavily and took another sip on wine before meandering towards her bed. "Do you think he might grant me an audience tomorrow?" She hoped maybe if she spoke to him again, calmly this time she might be able to reason with him. It couldn't hurt at least. "I have some question I feel I should ask him directly."

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:13 pm

"Certainly, I would see no reason for him turning you aside," Gunthir responded. After he had his customary few goblets of wine she was allowed to sleep, Serg collecting the goblets before going. After breakfast the following day she had passed on her request for an audience with the prince though it had not been until after lunch that he allowed her to see him.

The trappings were familiar since he met her in her own throne room which he had commmendered for the time being.

He was sitting in her father's throne when she entered, he was unadorned his thick metallic armor replaced by fine garments, he was young though older than she and quit comely.

"Princess, my apologies for the wait though I have been busy here directing matters of Wilhelm's search. I was told that you wished to see me?"

Character Listing

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:25 pm

Nell hesitated only slightly. It was surreal to stand before her father's throne before an unfamiliar face. The last time she had met the Prince in this place he had seemed demonic, clad in vicious midnight-shaded armor. Now he was gleaming and handsome and she was taken aback by it. She was having trouble reconciling the two images. Even his voice had a different quality to it without his helmet to muffled its sound. She took a deep breath and forced herself to speak. It was what she had come here to do after all.

"I take it you have not yet found him then?" She made it sound like a question rather than a statement. "Surely if you had then I would have been informed." She resisted the urge to pace. She had not come to talk about Wilhelm but as the Prince had brought up the subject she found herself anxious to know more, to receive she small reassurance though she knew there could be none. "Do you think you will find him?" She asked before she could stop herself.

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:59 pm

"No, we have not found him yet, but you'll be among the first to be notified when that happens." He seemed to sense her interest in matters though, her interest in this was obvious of course and as she asked if they were any closer to apprehending Whilhelm Vek nodded in response.

"Signs are pointing in that we're getting close to him. Just the other night when raiding a den renown for it's gambling associates claimed to have seen him the night before which assures me that he hasn't gotten out of the country and had no idea of how close we were since he didn't go to ground ... at the approach of the army meaning that he probably thought we were farther out then we were.

Unless of course he's a simpleton, which I know otherwise since I've met him a few times. In any case he couldn't have gotten far, 20 miles or so from their at most and we've already gauged that he'd most likely head east given the amount of gambling dens along one of the routes there."

Character Listing

Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:18 pm

Nell didn't seem to know how to react to this news. She had prepared herself for the worst news but here she now knew they were close to capturing him. Surely they would have him by the deadline, 20 miles was not far... Still, it was too much to hope. She shook her head and began to walk along the floor perpendicular to the dais where the throne sat, not quite pacing yet. "That is good news then." She said the words but tried not to get her hopes up yet. "What will you do when you capture him?"

"Oh, not specifically." She clarified suddenly. "I do not wish to know the details of Wilhelm's punishment. That, of course, it's your own decision and I am certain he deserves whatever he gets. However, I am curious..." She paused in her half-pacing. "Will you leave peacefully once he is brought to justice? Or is there more to come? I would like some assurance that your vengeance will be satisfied with the capture of this one man."

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next