View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
 Perchance to Dream (For Aegir) 

Post Re: Perchance to Dream (For Aegir)
Fredrick did have another room, his bedroom where one by one they changed into their attire. Serg seemed to recognize how Nell's eyes lit up at the mention of the flop house and had to wonder if it could really be that easy, if they could get any viable leads from the place. He assumed that Prince Vek had his men check there though they were supposedly hot on Wilhelm's trail so it could be likely that they discovered something there as well.

There thanks given they were able to travel on back roads and trails with their maps that Serg infrequently checked. He lead the way and as day was giving way to eving they came across a flop house. It was a little ways down the beaten path from one of the main roads where you would think that they would do better business though due to it's illicit nature it was just out of the way enough not to be a constant notice but easy enough to get to by those that knew of it's existance.

"The place is run but Iago a short little man originally from Gerron now residing in Geoff. I don't know him too well but hear that he is awfully greedy ..."

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:47 pm

"From what Prince Vek told me, if he is to be trusted now, this Iago sounds like exactly the sort of person Wilhelm would associate with." Nell regarded the secluded little building suspiciously. She was suddenly anxious about staying in such a seedy establishment. "We should be wary about how we question him about it though. If he suspects our true identities then he might just be greedy enough to sell us out to Spartha."

I have decided that I'm not taking on any new RPs for now. I am going to focus on the couple of games I have going right now and once they are finished I'm going to be taking a break. Not sure when I'll be back but I likely will be some day.

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:46 pm

"Agreed. He could do just that if he is aware of who we are so it's best to proceed with some caution here. If you would like we could question him and leave this place incase he has such designs. We could rough it in the woods if you'd prefer to do that. We don't even have to go here though it is probably going to be one of the best leads in finding Wilhelm. He is know here and perhaps others are aware of other haunts he is likely to frequent."

Serg looked at the building then let his eyes drift to the barn next to it assuming that their draft horses would be placed there throughout the night. Being a groomer by trade he looked for any tools outside of the barn of his trade though he saw nothing out of the ordinary save for a huge fenced in area that he assumed was used to exercise the horses of guests staying for extend periods of time. He saw no one on hand to take care of the horses either so he figured that they were either in the barn with the horses or in the flop house, either way they were not present.

Character Listing

Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:07 am

Nell shook her head at Serg's suggestion that they leave without any investigation at all. "No, we can't ignore this chance but if you think it is safer then we do not have to stay the night here. I managed one night in the woods. I'm sure I can survive another." She turned back to smile at the groom. "Especially, with you there to protect me."

She regarded Serg's face for a moment while he took in the barn and wandered what he was seeing that she was not. She place one hand gently atop his arm to draw his attention back to her. "I realize how inexperienced I am in these sorts of matters so I promise that I will follow your lead. I do want to stop here but if you think it is time to leave then I will trust your judgement and we will leave. If you wish to ask Iago the questions instead of me then I will understand and support you."

I have decided that I'm not taking on any new RPs for now. I am going to focus on the couple of games I have going right now and once they are finished I'm going to be taking a break. Not sure when I'll be back but I likely will be some day.

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:50 am

He smiled back at her unable to resist the pulling of his facial muscles. He had been aware that he was a better read of simple folk but she was more inclined with words, she was breed on diplomacy and courts by his beliefs anyway.

A warmth infused him though when she touch his arm, such a simple touch caused his body to react at once, blood being reallocated from his brain between his legs though he tried to hid his erection by shifting an arm in front of him, covering the very spot from observation.

"That is kind of you to say, though I have no real combat experience, the only thing coming close was shooing off a lone wolf near the stables once. You are better at words than I so I shall allow you to do the talking. Sure it would be safer to press on but what we intend on doing is fraught with danger so we have to take some risks.

"We can go inside, ask our questions and if I get a bad vibe of the place or anyone in particular then I will let you know, a simple tap on the elbow or squeeze of the hand to silent alert you, otherwise we can proceed with our questions, even stay there.

"When checking over the provisions before leaving I did find a small coffer with a small pouch of silver coins that we could use to purchase rooms. So if your ready then we should proceed ..."

Character Listing

Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Nell nodded in agreement and slid down off the wagon seat. "I don't see any stable hands around so they must all be inside..." She commented while looking around as though expecting to see the grooms come out to greet them any moment. She was used to much more immediate service back at home but perhaps things were different for commoners. she looked towards the inn. "I suppose the first thing we should do is find someone to tend the horse like normal weary travelers would..." She paused and turned back to Serg and spoke in hushed tones suddenly. "What should are new store be? We no longer look like a noble and her servant so what should we say when we go inside? That we are siblings? Married? What would appear less suspicous??"

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:20 am

Serg paused as he thought a a bit. e climbed out of the back of the wagon, looked at the phoney supplies there then back at her. Married. To her? Yeah right, as if she'd ever take him on as a husband based on their varying status alone, she being of noble blood, he a mere commoner.

"Verr gave us attire markin us as merchant's and he did stock us with clay pottery to pass off in that role so merchants would be the easy guise here. Married, wives tend to differ to their husbands at least amongst commoners anyway so you'd be less inclined to use your oratory skills. However, you could pass off as a sister, maybe a shrew, insisting on being the focus and addressing questions and the like. You could be in route in meeting your bethored for marriage in Geoff though we heard of this place and since it was near there we sought it out before hand ... I could have insisted having a problem in that regard which would give me an in with the gamblers and I can find out what they know by playing fcards with them or watching one of the pit fights, whatever the case may be."

Character Listing

Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:53 pm

She smiled slightly at the plan. "So, I'm to be you shrewish sister. I think I like that plan though I hope I can do the part justice. I have not experience with siblings but then... I suppose I have no experience with marriage either. Brother and sister would at least require less intimacy which is better..." She blushed slightly, suddenly embarrassed to admit her inexperience and added in something of an undertone. "I'm not sure I would know how to pretend to me intimate with someone..."

She coughed suddenly and shook her head. "Right, so onto business!" She charges towards the building suddenly and threw open the door, shouting as though she were deeply annoyed. "What the Hell sort of service is this!? We've been traveling all day and our horses are tired. Where the devil are the stable hands?!?"

(Sorry it took me so long to reply.)

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:03 am

(quit alright)

"I wouldn't know how either ..." he admitted softly, but before their embarrassment in the situation could take hold she was off towards the building. The doors thrown open she was met with a wall of haze and smoke as numerous patrons sat around various tables playing cards, silver coins piled up in the center of the table and beside each player.

A few people where playing darts while one or two sat by themselves just drinking. Noise, cheers and jeers came to them from a nearby door and as they entered one shorter man glanced to it. He was balding though at the snap of his fingers a boy in his teens hopped off his stool at the bar and rushed passed her outside.

He came from out behind the counter he was standing at and approached.

"I'm sure it is fine for it's location sis. It's not like the place is one the beaten track so to speak," Serg chimed in.

"May I help you?" the man asked.

Character Listing

Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:58 pm

Nell, still in character, turned and gave Serg what she hoped disapproving sisterly look and continued to speak quite loudly as though she haven't noticed nor cared about the short man coming towards them. "Do not make their excuses for them, brother. I'm sure they are quit capable of doing that for themselves."

At that point the short man finally reached them and asked if he could help them. Nell turned instantly towards the man and eyed him suspiciously then asked bluntly without differring to her "brother" at all. "Are you the owner of this establishment?"

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:50 am

"I am," the man answered, he made a quick look between the pair as if he had been caught unawares or off guard. It seemed as if he had been trying to make sense of things given that this sort of situation had been new to him.

Iago had been use to the sorts of people that came here looking to gamble away their money. Shrews had been something that he had no experience with, especially with the line of work that he found himself in.

Character Listing

Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:01 am

"Then, yes, you can help us. We have been traveling all day and we are tired and hungry. We were hoping for a hot meal and possibly a place to sleep for the night." She looked to Serg quizzically. "That is if my brother doesn't object to your prices."

(Another short post, I'm sorry. Couldn't really think of anything longer.)

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:34 am

(Quite alright, not all posts need to be long as long as they have some sort of direction to work with I could care less)

"Of course," Iago began. "You'll find the prices very reasonable, 1 silver a night."

"Let's go," Serg began to head for the door.

"Did I say 1 silver? I meant half a silver, 1 includes the meals and such."

Serg stopped and thought. A place like this made most of it's money off of gambling anyway. "Do you have any card games here, or was I mistaken in what I've heard."

"All sorts against the house or you can get into one of the private games. We got poker, hearts, black Jack ..."

"Half a silver per night ..." Serg pretended to think. "Alright get us rooms for three nights."

"Two rooms?"

Serg gazed at Nell for any sign before answering, his gut instinct told him two but he had no idea if she wished to remain close to him in a place like this."

Character Listing

Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:53 pm

"Yes, two rooms." Nell answered once she realized Serg was waiting for her. A part of her had wanted to say one, the part of her that had glanced around the establishment upon entering and been unnerved by the number of seedy looking individuals she had seen there. But she was playing the part of a shrew now and it seemed unlikely her character would have been afraid to sleep alone. In fact, she would probably have perferred it. Besides, she had not a a room in herself in days and her sense of decorum demanded she have her own room not that it was available to her. But still, there was a lingering concern. "Ajoining ones if possible. I want to be able to keep an eye on my brother if he intends to gamble tonight."

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:43 am

"Ah, very well, very well." Iago was wringing his hands together buying the excuse readily or perhaps not caring about their reasons. "I have two such rooms available, I'll fetch the keys."

He disappeared behind the counter were they could see him looking over keys hanging on the wall there though as he took them down they noticed that there was a man watching them. He sat at one of the tables playing cards with a few others, a gray cloak and hood drawn up over his features as he looked out at them occasional between stolen glances at his cards.

It was evident that he wasn't being a professional about things or they might not have noticed at all. By then Iago returned back with their keys standing before Serg waiting for payment, when Serg looked towards Nell as if expecting her to pay.

"Should I fetch your coin pouch from the wagon?"

Character Listing

Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next