View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 Perchance to Dream (For Aegir) 

Post Re: Perchance to Dream (For Aegir)
Nell looked to Serg uncertainly for a moment. His question had confused her because so far as she knew they only had one coin purse and he had been in charge of it. But his statement implied that they both had money and that she expected her to use her's on the room. She could only assume it was a part of their act. Perhaps he meant it as an excuse to go back outside and give her a moment to speak to Iago alone about Wilhelm. If that was the case then she shouldn't reject his story but she still had to think of an appropriate way to answer it in character.

She placed one hand on her hip and scowled at her pretend brother. "Don't tell me you plan to loss so much of your own money tonight that you cannot even afford to pay for our rooms and meals. Very well, do as you like but I expected to be refunded at least your half of the bill in you win tonight."

I have decided that I'm not taking on any new RPs for now. I am going to focus on the couple of games I have going right now and once they are finished I'm going to be taking a break. Not sure when I'll be back but I likely will be some day.

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:04 am

"What do you mean 'if' sis?," Serg had a hurt look on his features. "These small timers are no match for me."

Serg then dipped outside leaving her alone there. Most people had been ignoring her save for a drunken man at the bar that eyed her, then asked if he could buy her a drink. There was the man in the gray cloak that looked towards her occasionally sending off the vibe that he was either nervous or watching her intently.

For the most part, however, she was ignored in favor of games of chance. Even Iago was turning away to go back to his duties ... which weren't much seeing that he was reading up to a few minutes ago.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:07 pm

Nell declined the drink on the ground that she was an 'engaged' woman. She was trying to get the owners attention again when she finally caught sight of the cloaked figure watching her. She frowned, not entirely comfortable with his attentions. She flagged Iago down at last and spoke to him in a hushed tone. "Who is that man in the cloak? He keeps staring at me?"

I have decided that I'm not taking on any new RPs for now. I am going to focus on the couple of games I have going right now and once they are finished I'm going to be taking a break. Not sure when I'll be back but I likely will be some day.

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:07 am

Iago comes over as he is flagged down. At her question he flicks his gaze towards the man to see who she is referring to. "The guy in the cloak?" He pauses for a few seconds after she confirms this. Not looking at her but at the figure as if making it clear that they were speaking about him, a silent form of communication across the room?

"Oh, that's just Mykle. He's harmless." He shoots his gaze back to her. "He's a regular, does high stakes gambling here a lot and is a bit of a womanizer so that is probably why he is checking you out now."

With that said the door opens again, Serg returning.

Character Listing

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:34 pm

"High stakes, huh?" She stared at Mykle curiously and wondered if he knew anything about the supposed Wilhelm. She noticed Serg coming back in and wondered if she should wait for him before approaching the hooded man. If she approached him alone it might seem like a come on but if Serg was with her it might appear he wanted to gamble with him. She decided, they didn't have enough money to play at high stakes gambling so instead she'd have to question him on her own without making if look like she was inviting a proposition.

She slide off the bar stool and crossed the room to stop in front of Mykle. She put one hand on her hip and spoke curtly. "You've got ten more seconds so you'd better get your ogling don't now cuz if you ain't done by then I'm gonna knock your teeth in.""

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:30 pm

Gray cloak gazed at her, while she could only see the lower half of his face, as he grinned slightly, his head canting up a little to look at her as she stood before her. "oogle you? Whatever do you mean?" He said, his voice gruff and deep.

He did take up a glass of something yellow in coloration before he knocked back a deep sip of it. "Do I know you?"

Character Listing

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:56 am

Nell frowned at the man and suddenly wanted to see what was under his hood. But she was afraid. Had he recognized her? Did this man know who she was? She shook her head. "Well then, you are either very drunk or you are very are bad at coming on to women. If this is this sort od establish you frequent then I highly doubt we have ever met before."

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:25 am

"Then I must have beer googles on," he grinned as he looked her over again. He tossed down his hand of cards. "Fold ..."

By this stage Serg had reached her, the guy glanced at him but paid him no particular attention. "No, I'm a frequent guest here but at other places as well, even made it to the castle once or twice, the nobles there are such easy game."

He picked up his hand of cards that had been dealt to him, he looked them over before throwing two face down into the center of the table. "Two. Recently I've spent a good deal of time here though, things at the castle have been ... hectic as of late. I hear they're looking for someone too."

Character Listing

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:07 pm

Nell leaned down slightly trying to get a better angle to look under the man's hood. "Yes, I have heard the castle has been over taken by a foreign power. One that seems to have something one of the king's ambassadors. The gossip in the last town we visited was that they were looking for a man named Wilhelm. Heard he was a gambler too. He one of the nobles you are so well acquainted with?" She asked as though she were just mildly curious. She didn't really like letting the conversation linger too long on the situation at the castle so she tried to steer it towards Wilhelm instead.

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:10 am

Beneath his cowl his features were hard to distinguish. They seemed familiar though, what she could see of them anyway. High cheeks bones, a cleft in his chin and dark hair brown or possibly black.

"Wilhelm? You don't say. The bum owes me money, not that I'm likely to get it back with all that's going on. Serves him right in cheating me. Does he owe you money? I see your two and raise you three."

He shuffled some coins into the pot in the center of the table, a small pile of coins had been there. The man glanced at his cards again, rearranged them in his hand then looked casually at the other players to get a better read of them before casting his gaze back to her.

Character Listing

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:23 am

Nell shook her head. "He doesn't owe me directly. He owes the man I am intended to marry but since he is on the run he is in much the same boat as you. Still, repayment not withstanding I would very much like to find the man and give him a piece of my mind... Or a kick with my boot. Whichever comes first."

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:23 pm

Gray clock looked her over for a moment, then nodded in acceptance at what she said. "He has a lot of friends her though ...:

He lowered his voice. "I know where he is. Meet me in room 117 in about an hour if you wish to know where he's hiding out."

Character Listing

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:35 pm

Nell raises a brow at this then leans down to ask in a similiarly conspiratory voice. "Alone or may my brother come as well?"

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:18 am

She had been close enough to him now that she could smell the smoke on his breath from all the cigarettes that he had consumed. Casually he flicked his eyes to Serg, and gave him a quick once over before his gaze flickered back to her.

"I see no harm in him joining you, in fact in a place like this I would come to expect his presence or some form of bodyguard of some sort for one of your gender. Fold."

He set down his recently dealt hand as bidding went around the table, anxious for the next, better (he hoped) hand.

Character Listing

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:12 am

"Good," She said with more surety. "If you's have said no then I would have been a bit suspicious. I'll meet you in one hour."

She straightened up and turned to Serg. "You sure took your time getting back." She said loudly then grabbed his arm and starting dragging him back towards the bar. "Come along, Brother. Let's stop wasting time and pay the nice inn keeper for our rooms." Once they were out of earshot of the table she began to fill Serg in on what had just happened in a more private tone of voice. "I'm not sure how much of that you caught but I think I've just gotten us our first lead. We'll know for sure in about an hour."

She talk him what Mykle had told her and about how they were supposed to meet him in room 117. "I don't know how trust worthy this man is but he's the only lead we've got at the moment. I think we should trust him for know, what do you think?"

Characters:
Nell Apton
Kirsty Barker
Ariste

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next