View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Just a Friendly Shadow (Kanoe) 

Post Re: Just a Friendly Shadow (Kanoe)
She took slow deep breaths to help calm herself as she sat in her chair. The witch smoothed her short skirt that came with the uniform as the shadow stated his business. At least they were getting somewhere finally. If she told the creature what she knew then there would be no reason for it to stay in her walls and bother any further. The monster took note of her fatigue but she was not about to wait another day to be rid of this shadow that stalks her.

"No," she shook her head, "Just ask your questions about human technology and I will answer to the best of my knowledge. Then you will leave me to my solitude." Kanoe was now sitting up straight and once more composed. She was unsure why she was so calm but it was at least helping her respond to this monster. Answering his questions seemed to be the only option for her. Might as well do it as soon as possible before she was too exhausted and paranoid to fight back if this monster decided to do something beyond ask questions.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:29 am

The woman’s growing calmness he took full credit for, but not openly. Her cool-headed response made the ‘friendly’ shadow want her even more. She was strong willed to resist for as long as she did, but he would inevitably break that careful personality of hers soon enough. He had hope to be gentle in his approach, but Kanoe was proving to be slightly too on-guarded. Even for a demon, it was hard to subconsciously manipulate her when she was already tense. Even her calmness held the paranoia about her head like a dark cloud to him.

But he had to be patient still. Subconsciously helping the dark witch in having composed thoughts was one part of his doing. “I see,” he responds, “Very well then. Do forgive me for causing you trouble, but I did not believe many other human females would be accepting of my presence as you graciously have.”

“I wanted to understand this technology of yours. Such as…” he reveled in his mulling of what to ask, “Computers? I recall seeing something called that name thirty years ago. What sort of manifestation is that?”

It was the best question he could’ve asked to get her focused on a question rather than himself. That allowed him to put her into a more relaxed state while still behaving as a non-threat. And while she pondered, he continued to implant suggestions, centering her concerns upon the simple matters at hand. He’d be forcefully persuasive in his manipulations if he had to.

‘Just relax. Nothing is going to happen.’

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:42 pm

The demon's response caused Kanoe's blood to boil. She was only accepting because she had no other choice lest she wants this stalker to remain indefinitely. But the anger seemed to fade as quickly as it came as she took another slow breath. Even she was a little shocked she was taking this so well. Perhaps the fatigue was ensuring that dwelling on each thing spoken was more troublesome than it was worth.

The question asked was not exactly a troublesome one as the witch could give a rather simple answer. "It is simply technology and what tends to grow now in the mortal world. It has evolved quite a bit in the past thirty years. It can allow communication across vast distances, allow people to search and gather data on various topics. It can store vasts amount of data, several books worth is someone takes the time to input it into them. They generally run various programs that do many tasks. Some are for entertainment while some maybe for writing or producing music. Its what humans rely on this day and age."

Her voice grew softer as she tried to explain what a computer was. Though she did have some interest in computers, it is not her major and the gritty details of how computers are made are beyond her. There were so many things one could say about computers as they are in nearly everything now. She was unsure how to give a proper answer to this demon. The witch was so focused on the question, she did not notice the soft voice repeating over and over in the back of her mind. It was not quite like the voice in your head you may have while reading to yourself. It seemed more in the background, something she would have trouble focusing on even if she were to try and even then she may doubt its existence. Her eyelids would relax, lowering slightly and perhaps losing a bit of focus as she tried to think about the question and future questions the monster may have.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2