View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 8:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next
 Shadows of the Past (for Ryu) 

Post Re: Shadows of the Past (for Ryu)
She tensed up as the soldier finished talking, although she expected him to press further into matters of her escape it was a feel of surprise as the words left his lips. "Not without help."

Trying to explain her eyes drift off to the ground, her memory adding one detail to another. Ryu wasn't afraid of telling the story but rather what the man would do if so far he didn't seem to know anything about their plan to meet up here. "A german soldier had the means to get me out, I still don't know why he did it but I've spent the last night sawing through the bars of my cell with a file he provided. He did the necessary steps, such as telling me what was happening in the camp and securing the truck for the last step of my escape .. Franz is his first name."

Taking a deep breath she tries to gauge what Sergi thinks as she speaks. "The chaos that broke out tonight must've screwed our plan, we were supposed to meet but as you can see he isn't with me. I tried to find him, but decided to take the truck down the road as he told me to." Red eyes return to his own, somewhat sparkling in the light for she felt guilty by leaving him, her expression one of regret. "Actually I was told we should come and see you, Sergi .. though to me it was unclear as to when and where. Chances are he's among the survivors of your onslaught .."

Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:44 pm

Sergi let out a soft chuckle, "He's still using that name?" His eyes flickered briefly to the door then back at her. "I have a few theories as to why he assited you. One being that he wanted you out of the hands of the Germans so we could study you, after all you did state that you were shot seemingly to no effect save for this unconsciousness, that is even better then getting a hold of Von Burren's notes if we can figure out what is changed in you then we may come up with ideas of our own to see how it is done."

He pulled up a seat then sat down, getting out and lighting a cigarette, he offered her one before continuing. "That would be the simple theory but Franz is not so simple. It could be that he is attracted to you, you are quiet good looking and I've heard of soldiers assissting girls in the past that they've fallen for. Another simple scenario so it could be something else, or even a combination of things, there's no reason why it can't be more then one thing, yes?"

"Franz has been working for my government for years now. You may not have known but he moved to Russia and spent a good number of years there before moving back, pretending to be a good little German and working for me by slipping my brother, Ivan, information that he has turned over to me.

"I have no doubts that he is still alive, complications may have delayed him but I trust that he willl be her before morning."

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:12 pm

"Thanks .. this means a lot to me." Ryu then realized what exactly she replied to. A large quantity of information was poured into her mind, yet more truth and facts that lit up the dark unknown of her escape. Sergi got her by surprise in the room they were in, making her angry, furious when she thought about the doubts she had about Franz, seeing they were out of place but instead of telling her by himself he let her remain with the idea that he might just play or betray her when she was about to get away.

"Wait, what are you saying .. what the hell? When was I supposed to find out? He could have told me all this time that he was on your side, that thought is much more comforting!" Her eyes dart back to Sergi, a fiery red as the crystal balls narrow in anger. At last she was free, maybe not seeing how she could be useful for their own research but then at least safe, she told herself. Ryu managed to somewhat suppress the urge to curse as much as she wanted at this point, but kept in mind she'd probably have to slap Franz on occasion.

"He asked me to pay a price for my freedom but he wasn't going to say what exactly until we've returned safely .. If you truly want to study me I will agree to help as best as I can if that's desired .. and as long as any tests won't be as messed up as the ones back then. I don't have any other place to go to until he returns, so I might as well be of service."

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:15 pm

"I suspect that the reason why he did not tell you was that he was or is in a rather volatile situation and does not wish for that information to get out as it would get him killed. Well, helping a prisoner would do that anyway though the less the knew the better, if they did not know about his involvement with us then death would probably be quick rather then drawn out in a messy attempt to gather information.

"He did not tell me that he would be breaking you out so I suspect that he has his own motives for doing so as he usually just supplies information to my brother who passes that intel onto me."

Sergi considered things for a moment. "Being a prisoner Franz would know that you could not hope to give him much, if anything. He didn't tell me either so he must have his own reasons too, perhaps he wished to sell you to us, you're very valueable so money may have been a factor I cannot say."

Character Listing

Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:38 pm

"I have one thing of value, he says ..", she whispers, more than likely thinking out loud as her mind starts to ponder what his interest in her might be. The camp fell into the hands of the Russians that night, possibly thanks to her showing up here personally, so his intent couldn't have been to trick her into an agreement before the inevitable occured and she was freed regardless.

"I'm assuming not many would believe a prisoner over the word of their own men .. Whatever, he didn't tell me and since it happens to be that way I can't do anything about it now." Which didn't necessarily mean he was on her good side again. Perhaps it was the time of the day that made her react like this, she couldn't tell.

Ryu flashes a smile for the first time since she ran into the barrier though. They'd simply wait until morning, no need for guesses. "Anyway, um .. is there anything else I can help you with?"

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:18 pm

"Oh, no, you've been more than helpful as it is. This town, while 'liberated' lacks many facilities we simply have not had enough time here to adapt it but this is the home of my brother and I know for a fact that he has a guest room you can spend the night in. By morning Franz should be here and we will have our answers then."

He rose, turning his gaze in her direction as he did so, the barrel of his rifle pointed down at the floor.

"Is there anything further that you'll need? Food? You'll have new clothes in the morning and I'm sure some night ware can be rustled up in the interim."

Character Listing

Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:04 am

"That's very generous of you, thanks, the clothing that is, as for food I don't feel like having a meal right now. It's been .. a tough day .. Though, I'd like some breakfast in the morning, as long as that's feasible." What a blessing, she'd finally be able to slide off this outfit, it started to become more than just a visual bother.

Staying here felt awkward, she didn't want to force herself into someone else's property although she had permission. "Um .. well, since there's nothing else to discuss I'd like to see to the guest room then if you don't mind."

Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:15 pm

"Of course," he rose then headed for the door of the room pausing to shot her a glance before departing. "Breakfast will be arranged in the morning."

Throughout the night Ryu could here the mechanized sounds of tanks as artillery had been moving into the area, converging on the spot. There was distant gunfire too in bursts throughout the night fading the closer one got to dawn.

Morning came around and while Sergi had not been in the house she was awoken to the smell of cooking sausage from Ivan's wife. Ivan was absent though Franz sat at the breakfast table, It was odd seeing him since he was out of uniform wearing a green trench coat. There was a rifle here too, probably his leaning up against the kitchen wall.

Character Listing

Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:35 am

Ryu stretched when she left the guest room in the morning, her sleep a lot more comfortable than it had been back in the cell. Greeted by the smell of food that she recognized as one of the first she had days earlier she stepped into the kitchen, in place of a meal however the first thing she noticed was the man sitting at the table, knowing who he was. Franz.

Initially she was going to give in to the urge to express her anger, but they were both safe and aside from personal frustration there wasn't anything else that plagued her mind anymore. At least she couldn't think of anything other than the clothes she expected to receive later that day, still a bit sleepy she rubs her eyes as she steps forward. A nervous smile on her features she makes her way past Franz to a chair of her own, looking at the woman instead of him. "Mmm .. Good morning. It smells lovely in here, Eva."

Taking a seat opposite of him she then stares at Franz, trying to say something but the words wouldn't come out. Though, she grinned at the thought that their encounters usually began with sausages, one way or another, and as if that eased her up little by little, the words simply escaped her. "I'm glad to see you're alive."

Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:23 pm

"Good morning," Eva returned, though she seemed to sense something in the air and departed the room after her breakfast was placed in front of her leaving the pair alone.

"Likewise, my apologies for last night but things were rather hectic. It takes more than an invasion to stop me," he chuckled and then shook his head. "I see that you found Sergi's place alright. I trust that he's looked after your needs?

"I shouldn't alarm you but be on guard, it may not be entirely safe should the Russians become aware of a few things I'm willing to bet." He glanced up from his plate to gaze at her, He studied her for a moment, grinned, then went back to eating.

Character Listing

Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:24 am

"I'm fine, it wasn't hard to get here and he's been very kind." Turning to her own meal she somewhat smiled at his comment about the invasion and began to eat. She was happy to have him around, not just relieved, for his mere presence made this new freedom seem much more enjoyable. Chances were she might stick to him as long as she couldn't be left alone.

As delightful as that sounds, Ryu is still alarmed by the mention of it not being entirely safe. This time his grin was not reassuring at all, afraid that her report to Sergi wasn't quite wise though that it was unlikely to be. "Become aware of what? Sergi knows all that I know if not more and he didn't seem that concerned."

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:33 am

"Sergi is good, I doubt that he would show any sort of reaction. Chances are good that if he knows something he may pass it along to his superiors. Von Burren's research is highly prized seeing what it will do if perfected and you are the closest to success he has come so the Russians may desire to hold onto you as well if they cannot capture Von Burren or his latest research. Fortunately no one has arrived with the intentions of detaining you but it is still early in the day, when did you mention things to him? Last night? If so he would have had plenty of time to slip said information to his superiors.

"Don't get me wrong, he is a good man but perhaps this is too big to let him in on. He has worked with me in the past and I have no doubt that he figured out how important you are to matters but probably hasn't worked out how important though until recently that is."

Franz paused and thought of things to himself. "We may have to move on all things considered."

Character Listing

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:37 am

"I understand .. In that case I might have to ask Eva for the promised set of clothing since I don't think you had any chances to take care of such things beforehand." Ryu took another bite, she couldn't know what Sergi might have done and she wasn't going to travel with an empty stomach if they had to leave in a hurry. She wouldn't have a choice here, she was responsible for him knowing about her condition and if they wanted her it was either back in a cell or stay with her savior that sat before her.

Shifting a little in the chair she realizes the nightwear she was given wasn't quite the right size, for the most part it was too small though it was comfortable compared to her uniform. Eva simply wasn't as endowed, but Ryu appreciated the effort. Thankfully Franz wouldn't see how the garments snuggled against her form for they were underneath the clothes she had worn the past day.

"Um .. look .. If you don't mind then tell me, what is it that makes you try and rescue me? What is it that I promised to give you in return for my freedom, not to mention what makes you risk your own life for me?"

Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:46 am

"Doing that is probably for the best," he answered regarding the clothing least she stick out as a former prisoner if the Russians did make a move against her in someway, not that there weren't other details that would make finding her easier then most, it was Germany after all and redheads tended to stick out here more than else where.

He continued to regard her, his eyes not leaving her as she voiced her question. "What reason? I thought you would know. Ah, very well. I ... well I have developed feelings of an unusual nature, at first they were a bit confrontational but even that worked against my initial feelings and it took a bit to work out. It does not follow the Fuhrur's teachings but I have been working with the Russians for awhile now and thus figured that my own motives for assissting you were as good as those that I had in the past, usually I dealt with political leaders, minor of course since known trouble makers are sent to the reeducation camps."

Character Listing

Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:07 am

The red haired prisoner smiled at Franz from across the table and ate the rest of the sausage she had eaten before rather calmly. Now knowing the secret behind him she had an accomplishment to be happy about. "I've had plenty of time to think what reason you might have and something similar crossed my mind, but hey .. certain things are far more enjoyable if said by the person itself."

Ryu then decided to make things clear while she still could, relationships weren't that simple for her if she wasn't thrown into one, but in this case there wasn't even anything to build up on. "While I agreed to the terms of our contract, let's call it that, you should be well aware of the fact that I can't force myself to feel the same and give what I promised you in return for getting me out of the camp. As good as a man you might think you are and while I tend to feel better when you're around, I must inform you that so far I haven't felt like you truly are a loved one of mine."

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 18  Next