View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Can a Tree be owned? (For Maylie) 

Post Re: Can a Tree be owned? (For Maylie)
Anne couldn't have known it, but her smile was very reasurring to Maylie, giving her some of her confidence back. In her mind, even though it probably wasn't entirely correct, when she compared it to her old relationships this seems to Maylie as if it was going off without a hitch. Anne was one of the few people she had ever met that she wanted to be friends with. She wasn't sure quite why yet, but she was determined to at least make an effort.

In response to Anne's question, Maylie said, "As beautiful as it is, I'm only really out here in the mornings, and occasionally at night. It's the most pretty then, and it helps me write, like I said earlier. I sit in the same exact spot, every time. And now I'm rambling... It's not that I don't like people, I'm just too nervous to go up to somebody and talk, and nobody has shown interest in doing so to me... But it's okay."

After a small pause, "Would you like to maybe go for a walk?"

Feel free to PM me any time if you want to start an RP. I'm always looking for RP's to do now or in the future!

This is Commander Maylie (Shepard?), and this is my favorite forum on the internet (Citadel?).

Always take the road less traveled. More fun that way. And apparently, it makes all the difference too.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:51 am

"A walk?"

Anne was actually completely blindsided by this question. She hasn't walked with anyone... for as long as she could really remember. The closest she ever came to walking with anyone was... She couldn't remember even giving it a moment of thought. Her brow furrowed slightly as she tried to remember before she mentally slapped herself that she wasn't actually alone.

"Sorry!" Anne exclaimed with a blush returning to her cheeks "Its just that i haven't been on a walk with anyone for a long time and you suprised me!"

After a quick pause and another quick smile "Of course i would like to go with a walk with you! Where do you have in mind?"

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:15 am

Maylie looked quizically at Anne, marveling at how a simple question could bring so many facial expressions... it was quite endearing. After waiting for her response for awhile, her own facial expression saddened at the first word of "sorry," thinking it to be a decline, but brightened at her acceptance, inwardly filled with child-like glee.

"N-no need to apologize. Same here to be honest." Maylie said as a light blush filled her cheeks as well, "I was thinking we could maybe walk the campus a little bit, or explore. I don't mind really."

Feel free to PM me any time if you want to start an RP. I'm always looking for RP's to do now or in the future!

This is Commander Maylie (Shepard?), and this is my favorite forum on the internet (Citadel?).

Always take the road less traveled. More fun that way. And apparently, it makes all the difference too.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:21 am

"Well" Anne said, her own mind whirring "As its a beautiful day the campus would have students everwhere... we could have a walk out here and along to the beach? The sea looks lovely from here!"

"Or" Anne smiled "We could stay and see if theres anyone else that is going to fall at your feet"

With a nervous laugh at her own (rather feeble if Anne's own opinion counted) joke Anne gestured in a vague way meant to mean "this way?" but really could be interpreted in a hundred different ways from "I'm learning a new dance" to "please your majesty - i'm innocent! it was him!"

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:44 am

Maylie smiled warmly at that idea, laughing genuinly at Anne's joke. She thought it was funny, although that may have been because she rarely gets any humor in her life.

Following the proffered hand, Maylie stops and turns, standing in indecision for a moment before hesitently offering Anne her elbow, to link arms. It seemed almost childish, but at the same time, May felt it would help them bond.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:53 am

"stupid Stupid STUPID" Annes mind chanted at her as Maylie stepped past her. "I mean.. who makes jokes like that?" "She's laughing only to be polite" "Stupid!"

As Anne continued her mental beating she looked up and saw Maylie looking at her, her arm outstretched and kinked slightly giving her the clear offer to take it and walk /with/ her... Arm in arm...

All this had the effect of was causing Anne's brain to run into a metaphysical wall, which, while it caused her to abandon her mental recriminations it also made her freeze, not unlike a rabbit does when it sees a car bearing down on it. Staring at the arm for a few moments before nervously stepping forward and looping her arm through Maylie's ever so gently as if it was going to turn into a snake if she disturbed it too much...

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:06 pm

As this was happening, Maylie was mentally ecstatic. She had taken her arm. For Maylie,Y'know that basically sealed it for her. She had a new friend.

Letting Anne take her time, once she was finished, Maylie tightened the connection, gently moving to a closer more comfortable position as they began their first strides together to the sandbar.

"Y'know something Anne? I think having you fall out of the tree right in front of of me is the best thing that has happened to me since I got here." Quickly correcting herself once more, "N-not to say I want you to be hurt, but that I'm glad I met you..." Maylie says, blushing softly again.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:13 pm

All Annes mind could do is focus on her arm which was now firmly trapped by Maylies, both feeling wonderfully comfertable and secure and at the same time making her want to run a mile. As they started walking Maylie tightened the arm, almost leaning on it casuing Anne to tense her entire body involuntary for a moment before starting again.

As Annes mind worked trying to calm herself she had to smile at Maylie's words. Tilting her head to look at Maylie she watched that fine blush creep up around her face again perfectly illuminated by the rising sun. She actually looked different somehow now she was clung to Annes arm - somehow more peaceful?

"Umm... No problem" Anne replied with a nervous smile, her arm still tense. "I will admit i don't make a habit of it, but i think i'm also glad i did too"

They walked together for a little bit further before Anne asked "you said something about writing a book?"

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:50 pm

Maylie while shy about the whole thing, hadn't felt this close to another human being in a long time. almost worried for a second when Anne tensed up but writing it off as one of her quirks when she relaxed again. She admiring the sunlight glittering off the water the scene very beautiful and serene.

Her blush deepened when she noticed Anne looking at her, but May didn't say anything. Giggling at Anne's comment, and happy on the inside that Anne was glad to meet her, she responds, "Well I would hope not. Last thing I want is for you to get hurt, just after I started to get to know you." smiling warmly.

When asked about her book, Maylie stutter-steps, blushing once more, "W-well it's more of a jumbled collection of ideas at the moment... but a book is the planned end result."

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:59 pm

As they walked Anne found herself starting to relax. While Maylie's arm still felt intensly /odd/ to Anne she couldn't deny to herself it also felt rather comfortable at the same time. However, not knowing what to say or do at the obviously warm smile and affection that Maylie was showing, and trying to hide her a little discomfort (As Anne had pretty much no experience at someone being affectionate towards her) Anne moved the subject onto something else, something a little more safe in her mind.

"What sort of ideas?" Anne asked, genuinely curious. It fascinated her that someone would come out of the school to write a book, especially when there was always so much work to do /at/ the school. From her previous experience with boarding schools the workload was such that you really didn't want to be doing extra work in your own time! "But then again" Anne mused to herself, "perhaps she finds writing relaxing?"

Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Maylie felt the tension slowly disappear out of Anne as they continued to walk, admiring the scenery. Off in the distance she spotted a dolphin rising for ar, and pointed to it smiling as several others came up as well.

"Look over there! I think those are dolphins!" she said excitedly.

Once the dolphins had finished passing, they continued to walk along the shore, Maylie still just glad to finally have some company she could feel comfortable around.

In response to Anne's question, Maylie elaborated, "A timeline, character descriptions, plot notes, just jotting it down whenever inspiration comes to me. I used to write short stories before I came here. I decided it was time to try out a novel..."

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:23 pm

Anne smiled at the dolphins as they danced. She was suprised to see dolphins here as back home the only time you ever saw one was on TV. It reminded her how far she really was from home and how she might as well been on a different world for the difference it made.

Glancing across at Maylie who still hadn't let go of her arm while she happilly chatted about her stories, timelines and plans for her book with Anne interjecting odd words and thoughts here and there she smiled softly to herself. For the many years she had spent on her own she really couldn't deny that it was /nice/ to have company, especially on this gorgeous day. She was enjoying the company, the sun was keeping her warm even from the light breeze coming in from the sea and she found, rather to her suprise that she rather liked having Maylie attached to her arm.

As Anne and Maylie continued to walk and talk (well.. Maylie was doing most of the talking to be fair) they found walked most of the length of the beach and the sun was now high in the sky

Anne paused her stride and looked at the sun, sheilding her eyes with her free hand "You didn't have any classes or assignments did you?" Anne herself didn't as it was still early in the year but she realised she didn't actually know how long Maylie had been here.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:58 pm

Maylie talked about her story as they walked, Anne had hit something Maylie was interested in, which surprisingly enough can get her to be a little talkative, expecially if she is comfortable around you.

"No, did you?" She asks in response, making sure she wasn't keeping Anne from something.

As they approached the end of the sandbar, Maylie turned them around, heading back the way they came. Realizing that she had been rambling, and wanting to learn some more abou her new friend, she said, "I can go on about things I'm interested in sometimes... Sorry. Tell me something about you!" with another of her warm smiles, looking Anne in the eyes before looking away with a small blush, trying not to be awkward and half failing.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:06 pm

"Oh no.. I've only been here for a month and work hasn't quite picked up to the point i'm working all hours yet... long may the little freedom we have last!" Anne finished with a smile.

As they both swung around and started back down the beach Anne continued smiling happilly relaxing, until Maylie's looked dead in her eyes and in a moment asked her about her past.

Anne's smile dropped like a stone and her body stiffened in mid step for a fraction of a second, her arm pulling away from Maylie by reflex. That comment made her realise just how far she had dropped her guard and relaxed and it came as a huge shock. Suddenly completely unsure of herself again she twitched her hair letting it fall partly in front of her eyes almost like a sheild, a old reflex action, before she caught herself

"Sorry" Anne said quietly, putting back on a smile and trying to relax her body. "its just that i'm not used to people asking me questions"
Anne continued, "I'm really quite unremarkable honestly - theres nothing exciting about me"

Anne looked into Maylie's dark eyes and smiled although it came out a bit of a rictus grin and hoped that she would move on feeling like a complete fool all over again, wanting nothing more to bury herself in the sand and hide

Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:33 pm

Maylie looked back at Anne to see her stricken. Almost like she had just seen a terrible monster. Feeling her pull away, Maylie quickly scrambled to apologize, not wanting to push her away so soon.

"O-oh sorry! You don't have to tell me anything you don't want to... I-I didn't know it was personal... We can talk about something else. I just wanted to get to know you a little better..." she scrambled out, backpedaling away from her earlier apparent dangerous question.

After hearing Anne, she went on to say, "I-I understand... And I wouldn't say you aren't remarkable. You're one of the first people I've ever met that I actually feel comfortable around, in general. If you don't want to talk about it, that's okay..." her flusteredness causing her to flush. "Here how about this instead. Do you have any hobbies?"

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next