View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Noble Art of Fisticuffs (for Camryn Portman) 

Post Re: The Noble Art of Fisticuffs (for Camryn Portman)
Kite grins, accepting Camryn's help in getting back up, "i'd say going as hard as possible is the only way to learn. Balancing on the knifepoint between life and death is where you most grow in strength." Kite pauses, and shrugs, adding, "If you survive, anyway."

"Up the stakes?" Kite blinked several times, "You are NOT telling me that you kicked my ass that thoroughly while going EASY on me, are you?" Kite stared... shit. Camryn seemed to be serious. "...Yeah, let's take a break. Though, we are SO doing this again some time, and don't hold back! i'm durable, and i want to learn!"

Special Agent Delivery - An intensely customizible package

Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW

I wasn’t too positive if Ms. Kite knew what I meant. Really didn’t mean to scare her but it seems like I have done the job of doing it. At the end of the day, if that means she learns, then sure. I figured that, Kite would need some motivation. Most people who learns, needs to be motivated, regardless of what it might be. What should I put on the line… hmm… Oh I think I know.

“Ya we all need to rest. So how about we put our body on the line? I figured that would be a better way to get some… interesting twists to it huh?” Maybe if she didn’t want to do any of it, or go through with it, Kite would fight harder. I hope.

Camryn Portman, Dawn's younger sister.
Camryn's Bio: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6262

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:30 am

Kite stares at Camryn as she describes her intended wager. Fear isn't the right word so much as incredulity. That someone here, in this place, who has seen some of the truth... No. She's thinking about it too much. Remember the old days, when some of the veils were not yet torn. Remember jumping from bed to bed in a helpless and hapless quest for some meagre measure of solace. Eventually the look of shock sides into a grim smile.

"If that's the way you like the game, who am i to refuse to play?" Kite stepped back, crouching slightly. Unlike before this was definitely an actual stance of some kind, but the positions of her arms only made sense if she had a sword in one hand and a shield on the other, and she had neither.

"In your own time, then?"

Fri May 03, 2013 2:10 am
Profile YIM WWW

It looked like our wager had put something into Kite’s eyes or at least her resolve. It was probably there already but needed another boost to bring out once again. Actually I was a bit scared of what might happen if I actually lost the bet. The problem with fighting someone like Kite is, they don’t tend to have a specific style, which I’m used to fighting. Knowing exactly what you got has its advantages, not knowing has its downsides. So I guess I sort of threw myself in this. Her stance is unusual, I don’t recall any type of fighting style that stands like that. I still gave her a smile though and took my stance, wondering exactly how I should tackle it this time.

“You haven’t been holding back on me have you?”

Fri May 10, 2013 1:31 pm

Kite nods with a shrug, "A little," she admits bluntly. "When i push to the edges, i tend to lose sight of rationality. But if you want to see me completely unsheathed..." Kite locks eyes with Camryn, "If you end up winning, don't hesitate to put me down hard, it'll be the only way to make me stop."

And so Kite charges once more, throwing a feint at Camryn's face. Except the feint is to hide both that her last step in closing is a stamp kick, and that she's going to try to chop at Camryn's neck after the initial punch is dodged. She's not fighting now as if it's a spar, but attacking with intent at the very least to injure, possibly even maim.

Sun May 19, 2013 3:19 am
Profile YIM WWW

I nodded, knowing that I had asked Kite to do something. However, remembering that Kite wanted to learn everything, the best way to do so is from pure instinct. It was a tad different from how other people had always done it, but my preference had always been so. No amount of training, or practice will matter when your instincts take over, your body doing things on its own. On that regard, Kite is extremely skilled because of her instincts. I saw that the moment I sparred her, which was mainly the reason why I asked this. Of course it could completely back fire on me because I’m not exactly keen on a random style like hers.

As Kite rushed, I realized something was amiss, it didn’t feel right. So instead of side stepping, or blocking on the spot, I jumped back several steps and put up my guard. It just felt weird and I felt it might have been a trick, hitting at two different places at once. Of course I never seen it happen, I just wanted to be sure that I didn’t fall into something. I know that I haven’t been attacking but I’m at least trying to figure out how to attack. So, instead of doing anything fancy after stepping back, I stepped back into Kite and do a simple palm thrust towards Kite’s chest, trying to gauge how Kite will respond.

Sat May 25, 2013 2:14 pm

Savagery. Pure, simple, unadorned savagery is all that guides Kite as she continues this battle, her lips twisting into a mad, frenzied grin. She twists hard to the right as Camryn thrusts her palm forward, her left arm trying to wrap around Camryn's and lock its movement. If she's successful, the continuing twist will bring her back against Camryn's front, and Kite's elbow rather viciously into Camryn's midsection.

The wild hate runs loose. What little of Kite that is still thinking behind the mists of the berserk she has unleashed at Camryn's request simply hopes that she is right, and Camryn is skilled enough to be able to stop her.

Last edited by kite-san on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:52 am
Profile YIM WWW

I realized what was happening during my motion of the palm thrust but wasn't able to exactly avoid it completely. Kite managed to wrap her arm around mine, twisting herself so her back was towards mine and continuing to bring her elbow into my midsection. I did have a free arm, which I am very thankful for, and managed to block the elbow with my other palm. Couldn't help but grin at how resourceful Kite actually is. With Kite in this odd position, I continued to hold onto Kite's elbow, but I bring my knee to her back, keeping our position exactly there. Kept pushing though, to keep some pressure on Kite and her back, trying to cause some sort of pain.

I did see a lot of potential with Kite, but she already has a habit of fighting like a berserker, something that is extremely hard to override.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:51 pm

Kite laughs insanely, reacting to Camryn starting to try to strain her spine by leaping backwards, to bring both of them to the ground, letting go of the arm-lock as they fall with the intention that she can roll off Camryn's knee as they hit, crashing her body-weight into Camryn's stomach, or simply rolling off if Camryn deflects her. Either way, she doesn't get fully back to her feet, instead scrabbling quickly to all fours and then charging again, in an attempt to tackle Camryn before she can fully set herself to defend against it.

There is no humanity in her eyes as she charges, just a wild thing hungering for blood, and probably none too particular about whose.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:26 am
Profile YIM WWW

The laugh was a bit unnerving, but it was a tad expected. All things considered, she was a bit different. Kite’s roll caught me a bit off guard, so both of us rolled on the floor, although Kite was able to take some breath out of me while she did so. I didn’t want her to have any control so I did all I can to push her away. It took me several moments to catch my breathe again and reset before I realized Kite was charging towards me like some wild animal. Not realizing she apparently felt no pain which was a huge surprise to me.

Not able to recover in time, and apparently didn’t take into consideration that Kite didn’t require it or something, Kite’s tackle hits the mark and I go tumbling back onto the mat with Kite squarely in my stomach.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:22 pm

The berserk fit would present its bill later, in crippling pains and muscles twisted to jelly from being pushed beyond all rationality. When the adrenalin wore off and the acid buildup in her flesh from anaerobic metabolism brought her rampage to a crashing close, well, that's when someone like Kite remembers that they too are mortal. But until then, madness would drive her to strike again and again, no guidance, no aim, just fists that rise and fall and care only that flesh is what they hit.

But feeling no pain in the grips of the frenzy is her only defense. There is no thought to guarding, no thought to blocking, no thought to dodging. If this was going to end with anything other than waking up in the medical wing, well... Kite had said it before she's let herself go like this at Camryn's request. Put me down hard. It'll be the only way to make me stop.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:19 am
Profile YIM WWW

After being tackled to the floor, I had only mere seconds to figure out what to do on the spot. I realized rather quickly that Kite was in a berserk state at the moment, nothing that I would do, would change that unless she gets knocked out completely. Didn't like this idea of course, but it was the only choice left currently. Having to get ready rather fast, and I took several hits very quickly at the beginning towards my arm and stomach, I had to just bare it and strike back as much as possible. Taking hits but trying my very best to strike back as well, I managed to try and do both, of course I still got hit, but I started to ignore them and hit back as much as possible. Trying to trade as much as possible, striking Kite in the arms mainly to weaken her punches.

After a few hits and receiving, I thought it was enough to at least get Kite to reconsider these trades, however didn't stop. Simply continued until Kite, herself decides to stop.

Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:27 pm

Kite kept striking, no thought at all given to defense. Normally that would mean for someone as skilled as Camryn she was a ripe target, but it was a bad position to have that kind of revelation. And Kite kept swinging, heedless of how her strikes slowed from Camryn's hits bruising her muscles, as she was taking more and more hits as she left herself more and more open.

Madness, true madness, is very hard to stop. And Kite has spent a long time being taught the hard way how to take an inhuman amount of punishment. But eventually a solid hit to the side of Kite's head sees her teeter, and fall off Camryn to one side, witching on the mat as her battered body struggles to rise and keep fighting, her mind trying to reassert itself through the fog.

Eventually though, her mind wins, and while her hand rises, it comes back down on the mat. Three times. Three taps.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:54 am
Profile YIM WWW

So it was finally over and needless to say I was still in a bit of a shock of how much Kite put up. So much so I didn't even realize how much hits I have taken until it was over. Seeing Kite on the floor was a bit odd in itself, but when it was finally over, I gave a sigh of relief before pain hit me as well, forcing me to drop to the mat myself, right next to Kite. Looking over myself for a little bit and noticed the amount of bruises I have, something rather close to how many Kite has as well. I guess we did a lot to each other without knowing it. It was a bit of a down to earth experience to be taken to the edge by someone like Kite, but it was bound to happen eventually.

Glancing over Kite and finally saying, "Well, You definitely have what it takes to be a great fighter. No doubt about that, it's been... a very very long time to be pushed to the edge like that. Never seen these many bruises on myself too. I would teach you but I'm a bit exhausted by you..." I gave a sigh and laid across on the mat, not really caring right now that I'm leaving myself open to anything else. Laying on the mat made me realize just how much Kite pushed on to me. It was a first time in a very long time that I felt actually sore from a little brawl, and in a place like this campus, probably was a bad idea if I'm really unable to make it back to my bedroom. No clue how Kite is doing either... So I glanced over to Kite, wondering how she is doing...

Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:23 am

Kite is similarly exhausted, the burning ache of acid in all her joints and muscles a counterpoint to the throbbing bruising Camryn had dished out. She rolls slowly onto her back, making several abortive attempts to sit up before simply relaxing and laying there. "Thanks... i think. i wanna learn, to be sure, but... yeah. There's nothing i'm gonna learn when i'm seeing deep red like that."

She crawled weakly over to her bag, getting out a black water bottle and taking a very long drink before resealing it and rolling it over the mat to Camryn. "Have a pull of this. It'll help." She briefly reflected the concoction was a sports drink once, but with loads of extra sugar and masses of caffiene. "Well, that or kill you. But you do cardio, should be fine." With that she slumped back over, laughing giddily, "Won't say that wasn't fun though, cuz it was. Haven't had anyone ever knock me outta the mist on even footing before."

Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next