View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Nerves (for Anne Deas) 

Post Re: Nerves (for Anne Deas)
Anne nodded once at the sight of Daphnee kneeling. “Good. Now, stand and follow me.” With that she walked out of the door, locking it once Daphnee had left and striding down the corridor.

The first hours slipped by quickly for Anne. She led the student through the maze of halls effortlessly, moving quietly. Somehow at the same time she radiated confidence, each motion being made with a certain provocative grace. Her hips swayed with each step, her chest was thrust out proudly displaying her assets her sash barely rippling with each step. She didn’t look back to check if Daphnee was there, following behind at all. In fact she only spoke once during those first hours, at the Staff Room where told Daphnee to wait. She entered and Daphnee would see her bow respectfully to someone hidden by the door before it shut. Ten minutes later she emerged again carrying a black leather file and with only a inclination of her head to follow, she set off. Dorm room doors were knocked on, sometimes being opened by bleary eyed students who hurriedly tried straightening themselves out once they focused on who it was, or was it perhaps the sash that created such a flurry? Another who looked like they were ready to leave somewhere bowed respectfully at her presence One looked like she was about to explode with fury but Anne simply stared her down without saying a word, until she snatched the small piece of paper in Anne’s hand from her, slamming the door behind with a resounding crack. To this Anne simply smiled to herself and walked on, heading towards the students lounge, and then from there the cafeteria, only stopping to talk to certain students.

If she was paying attention, Daphnee would realize fairly rapidly that the little pieces of paper were mainly merit and demerit slips, although there were others, some sealed envelopes written in differing hands and simple pieces of paper looking like faintly offical. Anne seemed to know each student personally, greeting them both by name and with a smile, as well as what was needed to hand to them.

Although each student acted differently there was one aspect which didn’t change, in that there seemed to be a shell around her. Conversations went quiet when she was in earshot. The smiles that were present seemed painted, without depth or warmth. As Daphnee followed she slight whispers in front and conversations restart behind them, and if she looked back quickly she caught the edges of looks, although they were gone before she could tell what they entailed.

Finally they came back to the staff room, where she once again entered without Daphnee, and came out without it a few minutes later. Once again wordlessly she indicated Daphnee to follow as she headed towards out of the dorms.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:42 pm

She got up and followed slipping on her book bag as she went not knowing when or if they would be coming back here today. She obeyed of course following in silence and had wondered to herself what year Anne was in considering how well she knew the grounds.

Daphnee had been year just over a year and could navigate to her classes and Vera's tower but little else save for one of the art supply rooms when she indulged one rare occasion using the tools to shape a new puppet from the wood she had scavenged up. She had only made one puppet while here to replace the one she had destroyed. With such clutter though she really didn't need any more.

Anne's commands might as well have been spoken from God's lips and she had only hoped that she would do well. But she watched as Anne began her day, there was little to be said of course though Daphnee did not bother interrupting with stupid questions.

She was impressed with the poise the prefect used, how each step was made with utter confidence. Even when she had to stop a few times here and there to measure out warnings or demerits it was with a cool demeanor that she had done so.

Brought along to the Staff Room she was not able to see who Anne was speaking with though she waited . Her eyes roamed and had seen some of the students that had been issued demerits earlier or those warnings … were, were they looking at her? Probably trying to figure out why she was following Anne around or had surmised that she was in training or something. It wasn't for the first time but Daphnee felt noticed for a change. Whatever the case she colored slightly, debating on how to handle the attention though Anne had not been much longer indicating that she should follow without the use of verbal commands.

The interpretations were clear and from what she had surmised random inspections were being conducted or maybe they weren't so random after all … she grew a little worried with that confrontation unsure at how it would go though she did slip the book bag off her back holding it in one hand to just drop it in the hall if need be. Daphnee wasn't much, though she fought the urge in doing anything, she was told to just observe after all and while she did not have any doubts that Anne could take care of herself she couldn't just stand there and do nothing either … but that had been the command so if it came to it she would have probably done just that. Fortunately the matter was resolved and her book bag found it's way back onto her back.

“Excuse me. Miss Deas, what was that all about?” Curiosity grabbed a hold of her as they moved on towards the cafeteria.

She was less guarded at the cafeteria. Less concerned that there could be something lurking in the shadows. She hadn't had thought about the guests actually until this point where a being said that this was more or less a safe area, which of course got her thinking about it. Prefects, she had assumed got no special treatment against them seeing how Therion had gloated about attacking her own Mistress. She had never asked if it were pre Head Girl status or not, come to think of it and had just assumed that it was as a Head Girl but she knew she would be seeing him again and could ask then …

But no, she had been mistaken, they by passed the cafeteria and headed towards the student lounge. That had brought up memories. She had met Bria her, the narcoleptic she helped to the dorms only for the pair to get accosted. Her focus had not been about being attacked or past memories though nothing could prevent the flashes of memory from occurring. Her main focus had been on observing of course, she could not get wrapped up in other details.

She would have to learn more people skills. She knew some of the girls because she had classes with them but many she did not. To her it seemed as if this was a thankless but necessary task. The way that Anne handed herself was impressive.

Past the cafeteria, back to the Staff Room she had been wondering how Anne dealt with it, being a prefect didn't seem as if it opened you up to friendships but that was not her motivation. It just seemed that the other girls wished to keep distant in some way. She nearly asked about something though kept this last thought to herself, she was going to ask Anne how she coped if at all though with the long hours keeping busy was probably the solution there. Daphnee did not like assuming too much but when something seemed this likely there was little reason to pry for a different answer altogether.

Again Daphnee followed ...

"Every time I close My eyes I see the monsters." - Dead Space: Aftermath

Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:28 pm

"Miss Daniels there believes that she should be accorded special treatment above the rest of the student body, and that certain rules shouldn't apply to her. I gave her a choice a week ago, which she has decided to ignore completely, so that was her finding out that i'm a woman of my word, and that she isn't above the consequences of her own silly actions."

With a look at Daphnee she continued.

"Should you take the sash, you will find that there are many students that do not want to listen to you. There are many ways of dealing with them, and I have no doubt that you will find your own way forward." Well... either that or get sucked under. But that was a problem for later.

Anne made sure she kept a close eye on her ward, although she seemed that she was ignoring her. She made sure that she was always there at the corner of her vision noting how she reacted, how her eyes moved and she tried to read just what was going on in her head. Her biggest question definitely was how she seemed to change her stance depending on where they were. Once again the thought that she had been bullied sprung to mind and as they moved towards the staff room, where she had been asked to help out set up some experiments for the week ahead. An easy job in itself but the teachers here had a certain tendency to let eyes wander. Anne had often wondered if there were a correlation between excellent teachers and perverted ones, as a goodly number certainly qualified under both brackets.

"Miss Von Heinrich. Can you tell me why you seem so wary in certain places of the school? You are looking at the corners and the shadows like a frightened rabbit. What is bothering you so much?" Anne asked, when they were walking down one quiet corridor, with few in sight. She had actually taken a minor detour to this particular corridor simply because it was off the main thoroughfare.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:01 pm

“Unfortunately there are always those that feel the rules do not apply to them but in the end hey often find themselves in one circumstance at least where that is not the case. Whether going off to a private school, military or other institute.” Daphnee may have been a wall flower though it wasn't by choice.

She might have been on the outside looking in but she was very observant. In certain areas of the school though she remained guarded. She was more relaxed in those areas where there were more people but she never shrank from her duties as she diligently followed even when they broke off and traveled where the traffic was lighter.

She had never been this way before either so she was even more guarded as her green eyes swept the shadows as if watching for someone or perhaps something.

The questioned asked Daphnee freezes for a moment.

“It is not as if I must defy answering that to defy answering it but it is for the betterment of our Mistress that I cannot answer.

“For such failure in answer though I accept whatever punishment that you are to merit out without any offense.”

She wished she could say something but she was choke off from that avenue now. Not that she had expected to be believed of course. It was a rotten punishment, the attacks were bad enough but not even being able to confide in anyone … it had pushed her at times. She had even thought of getting off her meds that kept the delusions at bay not knowing what was real and what was in her head. She could pretend it was all a figment of her mind though she knew better of course. She could not give in and would just have to accept her punishment.

Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:11 pm

"You are saying to me that answering that question you are placing your Mistress in danger. Who has you so under their thumb that they can threaten her to keep you quite Miss Von Heinrich. Just who are you so afraid of and why do you believe them so strongly that you are willingly willing to risk your Mistress's wrath, as well as any chance of gaining what you seem to want so badly?"

The question was entirely rhetorical. It was enough that someone had gotten so far under this students skin that she was clearly terrified, even now. That worried Anne. She wondered if Vera was aware of this, and what danger she might be in... There couldn't be any deal on this and she had to tell Vera. But she wasn't going to simply abandon Daphnee yet, besides, the more information she could get the better.

"I realise you can't tell me Daphnee" continued quietly, using her first name. "But know that i'll help where I can, but to do so you need to trust me. But I want you to think - are you sure you aren't simply endangering your Mistress more by keeping things from her? What if others could help? And more, can you trust yourself to always be at her side when needed if someone else calls you?"

She didn't say any more and held her gaze, looking at her, reading the conflict in her eyes. If she didn't say anything then she would straighten a moment later and started her walk towards the science labs.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:23 pm

There was something that came to her eyes then, not hope, but understanding. There were loop holes that she would not risk but she just realized that that was a question she could answer as it did not speak of any details. She had to be careful here though, of course she didn't expect to be believed but if she were to be punished then so be it.

Reaching up to her neck she subconsciously rubs the invisible bell briefly making it look as if she were rubbing of scratching her neck.

“That I can answer,” she lowered her voice and looked to the shadows. Yes, the shadows were bad … “If you would ...” She moves toward a window in the hall where she could see about better, where there were no shadows in the immediate are. Feeling a little better she lowers her voice and ensures that no one is near them first.

“I do not expect you to believe it, it could easily be explained as a delusion in my mind given my past that would be very likely. I cannot get into details, and even this much, well, it does not cover what was arranged …

“His name … his name is Therion. I cannot get into the details and while there are loop holes that could be exploited I do not know the consequences for using them and what might arise.”

Suffice it to say that she did not feel if she would have to endure a punishment worse then what she had already endured to protect her Mistress, what she still had to do given the bell around her neck and when it chimed …

Daphnee gave it some thought. “She is in no danger. If I were to explain that would place her in danger though I regret that I may not be at her side all the time but -” She fell silent, to explain might be in violation so she had to cut herself off there.

“Please, I cannot say more without endangering her. Even that much ...”

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:04 pm

She made a mental note of that name and decided to make some pointed enquiries. She needed more, but it was certainly a start. She could see the mental gymnastics Daphnee was putting herself through, trying to answer questions without breaking rules.

"Well done Daphnee, you serve your Mistress well, But think on how much you trust her, and how much you trust Therion to maintain her word."

She gave a reassuring smile, her fingers reaching out and stroking her cheek ever so gently. "Thank you for trusting me. But now, we must head to the science labs. You know where to find me if you need to speak quietly. She used the feminine label deliberately, wondering if she would gain a correction. Therion sounded like a male name, but it could just as easilly be a fake-name from a girl here... Ever little bit of information helped.

Holding her eyes for a moment longer she turned and led the way to the science labs.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:27 pm

A smile spreads over her features, it is brief amongst the blush that forms up for she had never thought that she would ever be thanked in her role. Of course she didn't do it for the praise but having such praise given never hurt the girl, she lived for it. In a way she had used it as a sort of measuring stick as far as gauging what she was doing right and what needed work as she was still trying to get a handle on her role and what was expected of her.

This of course had been an area that she did not imagine ever coming up but Anne's question was direct and the demon had overlooked something so simply. She knew that Vera had encountered him before but was not sure if he were lying at times or even if Anne had the displeasure of meeting him too.

No. She had not, she quickly gauged. The use of the wrong gender, the lack of recognition in her eyes, there was no way she would forget and seeing that the last time she had mentioned any of the guests to Vera even knowing that her Mistress could provide some answers on this she was uncertain if she would.

“You are welcome. I don't trust Therion, save when it can amuse him,” she hoped that Anne caught the correction. She so wanted to spill her guts about the horrifying ordeal but couldn't.

“And I suspect he is very amused. But have no fear, our Mistress will not be endangered.” But she would not get into dangerous gray areas.

“Thank you Miss Deas. For not giving up.” While she would not visit these monster on anyone at least she connect in some way, however brief. She never had anyone looking out for her, not really. Her parents got her into those hospitals but they were neglectful, ignoring all the signs and submitting her to barely fulfill their parental obligations.

But to have someone going to bat for her was different to say the least, even if nothing could be done. She liked the prefect, not in the way of romantic love or some such but it was pretty ease to get Daphnee beholden to someone and there were few incidents that were beyond he basic if you don't use restraints then I'll do x, y or z. She hated restraints, feared them actually and found herself submitting quite readily if the option wasn't used. Only Vera could restrain her willingly and even then she was always a bundle of nerves. It had only happened twice as it was.

While often she set up these tokens of gratitude the wrong reasons she actually used a connection for the right reason this time.

She composed herself as best as she could and follows as her mind considers the issue of trust and trying to determine what was implied there.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:43 pm

"As I said before, I am here to help, and if you want to talk more about him please feel free." It was as susinct as way as any to let her know it had been noted. She didn't say anything more afterwards though, not more, not wanting to back her further into a corner and in truth there was nothing more to be said for now.

together they arrived at the science labs, met by one of the teachers. Once again Anne bowed respectfully and introduced Daphnee. His eyes first flicked down Annes body as she bowed, before moving to Daphnee, with a small smile that could only be described as lecherous.

"Thank you for coming Miss Deas." He said, his eyes still on the purple haired student. The things for you both to set up are over there." Gesturing to a large pile of beakers, dishes and an assortment of chemicals. Finally turning away he walked over and started to detail what he required. He spoke quickly, not stopping to answer questions but what he said was fairly detailed.

"I'll be in marking papers at my desk should you need me, otherwise let me know when you are done." He finished, before turning and walking across the room to the small office on the other side of the room.

As he left Anne turned to Daphnee, her face as calm as normal, not showing distaste, or any other emotion to the teachers rather obvious behaviour. "Did you get all that Miss Von Heinrich? If so, then please, start."

Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:38 pm

Perhaps it would not always be the case that she had to remain silent but for now it had been in the best interests of her Mistress that she did not try to temp things too much. Writing it down to “loose” her notes was probably pushing it. Of course, there was another loop hole here though one she did not wish to risk.

She could tell another monster, she was only under restrictions to tell students. She might be able to relay messages that way, for a price and it wouldn't have the same effect and might be akin to braking the spirit of the intended terms. Then again this was a demon and finding loop holes had been their thing, right? Perhaps he was baiting her in using one.

She follows Anne to the science room and bows in turn. Of course he sees how he's staring at the prefect, then it is her turn as his attention focuses on her.

At first she feels a bit dirty and wants to look away but her task was to observe so she does her best to watch and pay attention.

She had never encountered a shape changer yet though if she had she would have probably suspected him … no, he was just a perv … but he leaves them alone and she soon finds Anne drawing her into a question.

“Oh, yes … just set up he beakers at each work station with the required chemicals for testing, two beakers and four vials to each set up.” She thinks. “Oh, and the measuring cups and spare beakers and vials are to be set up there on that table encase they are needed. One copy of the steps of the experiment at each work station, am I forgetting anything?”

She considers the later, seeing that those wandering eyes were somewhat distracting and she could have missed something.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:03 pm

"Fourteen workstations in all, plus one at the front. Good. The only thing you missed was the safety aspect. Two pairs of gloves, and a pair of goggles should be sufficient." It wasn't overly surprising that Daphnee had forgotten that as that part of the request had been layered in "and safety items" between details of where everything else was. Anne was sure that it had been a mere after thought and not put in the stream of commands to test her. It had happened in the past, but fortunately they were infrequent. On her first such failure she had been asked to stay behind for an additional few hours, putting things away and just helping out on her own while the teacher watched. It was uncomfortable in the extreme but as Vera had said, "You are my Prefect. What you do reflects on me." And she had no intention of ever being a bad reflection on her beloved Mistress.

She started to help once Daphnee had spoken, putting out the beakers and setting up the experiments. It seemed that the marking would be going slowly as he spent a fair amount of time with his eyes up, watching the two girls.

For Anne, she kept her mind on the job. It may be simple but she didn't make mistakes because her mind wandered, and she carefully kept an eye on Daphnees work aswell.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:19 pm

“Oh, right. I missed that.” Daphnee goes about setting up, it was tedious work but important work after all. She sets out the required materials and notes, more than once the teacher peeking up at them.

He must have been looking at Anne, her self esteem about her physical appearance was rather low but give how creepy the guy was he might have been checking her out too … she hoped not, this was one time when she would have loved not to have the extra attention.

Once she finishes at each station before moving on she doesn't a check list to enure that everything is there then she sets up the next, and next.

When she is finished with the basics she turns to Anne first preferring not to ask the professor if a all possible.

“OK, that's done. You wouldn't happen to know where the safety equipment is or should I go ask him?”

Her eyes dart in the direction of the professor, her voice low as she speaks.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:29 am

Her diligence was impressive, and admirable. From Anne's eyes she didn't make any mistakes and the items weren't flung down as she had feared, but instead carefully placed. More than once she glanced down at the professor but her body language spoke of trying to hide, wishing she wasn't pickup up attention. She could understand why really. She remembered early on with her Vera, when she was first taught how to take pride in her body and she started to get stares and comments. It had made her want to shrink and hide like she had done before, even as she tried to obey her Mistress. She saw the exact same effect here.

At the question, Anne smiled. It was a odd smile, more of half of one. Not mocking, but certainly not amused either. "If you cannot see them yourself then you will have ask. You cannot be afraid of the staff here as they are all here to help us." She wanted to see how Daphnee would cope, having to ask someone that was giving her unwanted attention.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:48 am

Of course it wasn't going o be easy for her and it had looked as if she would have to approach he leech again. Of course she had been through far worse than asking a simple question of someone so she wasn't exactly afraid but rather did not want such attention.

What would she do if he decided to do more than look? She was prey certain that that wouldn't be the case, Anne was here after all and she had doubted that she couldn't' suspect something if the professor dismissed her to get something else done while Daphnee remained behind.

And she was convinced that his was just a man, plain and simple. She might not be able to handle all men but she was fairly certain she could handle some of them.

Of course she noted that Anne was interested in seeing what she did. Daphnee first glance around to ensure that she wasn't missing something in plain sight then approached the professor.

“Excuse me, sir, where are the safety supplies, I cannot seem to locate them.”

Her hands folded in front of one another, her gaze at firs down case in a submissive gesture but in mid statement she seems to undergo a transformation boldly forcing herself to look up rather than taking a meek approach to things and taking a more assertive stance.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:32 am

"Well little one" The teacher replied, his eyes roaming her body. "They are in one of the cupboards over there."

He gestured to a set of drawers across the side of the room. As she made to turn he spoke again.

"May I ask a question?" He continued without waiting for permission "Why are you helping Miss Deas over there? What did you do to get into trouble with a Prefect? I'm only asking because I know you aren't in one of my classes but the way you set out each station is to be commended. I think I could probably make a place for you in my class as an assistant..."

He tapped his fingers together, looking at Daphnee. "There would certainly be extra credit for you if you are interested."

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next