View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 7:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Nerves (for Anne Deas) 

Post Re: Nerves (for Anne Deas)
“True, I wasn't even thinking about fires getting out of hand and just assumed some sort of supervision. But you're right. A fire would be much to dangerous if it gets out of hand.”

Now to tackle this issue with Karin. Mr. Fredrick's eyes hadn't wandered too much this time though they were still early in their conversation. She had been adorned in the tight fitting Shokushu uniform that had accentuated her modest bust and long legs though her skin was a little pale for she did not get outdoors all to much.

But she did not just come out with what was on her mind though, she wanted to make sure he was good and interested in what she had to say first and considered a bait and switch. But doing so would probably get him interested in her doing more work for him at one stage so she had weighed her options carefully.

No, she would be someone direct but vague, perhaps a little misleading though not on purpose if he asked the right questions.

“You're in need of assistance this upcoming week are you not?” She started simply, let him think that something might have worked out with her schedule when she was finding out things to make it less likely that he would back out of punishing her roommate if the availability was there.

"Every time I close My eyes I see the monsters." - Dead Space: Aftermath

Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:01 pm

“Oh, I’m always in need of assistance” He said with a deep chuckle “Have you re-thought my offer? I’m sure I could find you enough work to earn you a credit, especially after the exemplary showing you made for me yesterday.”

He leaned a back in his chair, stretching not unlike a gangly male cat, the extra distance almost certainly allowing him to take in more of Daphnee without needing to actually ogle directly.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:40 pm

On hearing that she pauses for a moment. With her hectic schedule this semester dropping a course wouldn't be too bad of a deal as long as she was getting a credit for it though of course it all would depend on how busy the work would make her.

What was sad was that she was considering it even if she had to be eye candy for a little bit … as long as the professor kept his hands to himself then it wouldn't be too bad, right.

“I will give it some additional thought in relations to the work I am already doing this semester aand see what I can shift around, what makes sense and so forth. But I wanted to see if you had some busy work for my roommate this week. It will certainly keep her clear of any bad influences that might so happen to come up.

“I do not know if you are aware of her, sir, a German-American by the name of Karin Hessler, a second year student.”

Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:59 pm

"That is a shame. But, this Karin Hessler... The name does ring a bell but I can't picture a face to go along with it. I'm sure I can come up with busy work for her, but might I ask what she has done to earn your wrath? If Miss Deas is behind you no doubt it has her sanction but I need to know exactly what her punishment is for. After all, if I am to find appropriate busy work I should know what she has done."

He looked like he was enjoying this and Anne wasn't saying anything behind her to indicate if this was normal or not.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:43 am

Right. He needed to know why but he was having a tough time drawing a visual on the girl. Well, when she got super mad you could hear the thick German accent, which of course Daphnee never dwelled on having grown up in a household that predominately spoke German she didn't really notice these things. The fact that she did not it showed just how prominent it was.

“She's about my height and always dying her hair from week to week or styling it differently.” Daphnee began. That should narrow it down for him. “It's usual brown or black though it's always a natural color.”

She had hoped this got him considering the right girl. Next she moved on to the crime. “Well, sir, she obviously broke the rules and was both at a social gathering that had supplied contraband to the students but also supplied contraband of her own in the form of recreational drugs.”

She saw the look of sheer delight on his face that didn't seem to bode well for Karin. Was he a sadist? She was not certain but she was a bit more comfortable with him seeing that she didn't feel his eyes all over her, of course they were there.

“But I'll see what I can do with this schedule, it's a little hectic right now but I'm sure it will not always be that way.”

Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:09 am

"Well young Miss. I will eagerly await you swinging by my office when time allows. However, I know this isn't why you have come here asking about this Miss Hesslers detention. Its obvious that you have something in mind. So, out with it. While I can certainly find work for her a punishment would be much more effective if I know what is going on in that pretty little head of yours."

Daphnee could feel his, and three other pairs of eyes boring into her as she was put on the spot. Mr Fredricks grin was nothing shy of lascivious. It seemed that Karins imminent future lay in Daphnees words as it seemed that Mr Fredricks was more than happy to not only make work for her roommate, but also allow Daphnee to make life exceedingly uncomfortable if she wanted. All he wanted was, apparently her word.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Her head had been full of all manners of confusing and crazy things. She worked against what some of the patrons had eluded too, what she had figured out for herself and other things as far as finding the truth. More often then not she landed into some sort of trouble.

But Karin's future was in her hands so to speak. It was no surprise that she and Karin did not always get along but it was rarely as bad as it was today. She wasn't particularly malignant herself though and considered this carefully.

“Just something that she won't soon forget. Something that keeps her out of the Green House for a good portion of the week should be enough to drive her batty. Maybe something that keeps her busy after class until the Green House closes for the evening.”

Either Karin would learn her lesson or try to sneak into the Green House some how after hours. Chances were probably better that she would see to whatever wild plants she cultivated and she knew first hand some of the dangers that were out there. Not that she was trying to set Karin up for any of that but if it did occur then this would be one punishment she wouldn't soon forget.

“Something simple. She hasn't done much to warrant anything to harsh just yet,” save for dropping those names of course, woe to her if she ever encountered either of them, Therion was the worse of the two she considered.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:46 pm

"Simple work that keeps her busy eh? Nothing harsh. Very well young Miss. I can do this for you. I assume you will make sure that she turns up at my lab each evening? Let me know the times when they are decided. Miss Deas will no doubt show you how if she doesn't let me know herself. After all, we can't let her schoolwork suffer."

He settled back in his chair. "Now. As I am doing a favour for you, surely you can do one for me? You see, one of my colleagues needs an assistant for the next week as well. I realise you are busy but I don't suppose you would have a few free hours to help out?"

His grin altered, more calculating now than before. It was a terribly unfair thing to ask, effectively 'offering' a detention along with Karins.. and she hadn't done even the slightest thing to earn it.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:26 pm

She didn't intend to get caught up with things herself seeing that there was a lot of work that kept her busy. She had barely managed to keep ahead of it to keep the weekend as relaxed as possible knowing that she was to do this.

She was a bit weary. A few hours each day, with five classes, that would be a tough week indeed and she had not done anything herself to warrant it. If she had been better prepared, had a little advanced warning she might be able to move things around easier.

It of course had occurred to her that Karin could have done this if the professor had no particular need for assistance. She had not answered immediately as she calculated matters in her head as far as what she could possibly do for classes.

And of course she doubted that there would be anytime to see to her Mistress that week either.

“What does he need assistance with? I would be happy to help out but I'm unsure that I could offer up five consecutive days with my schedule as frantic as it is." The demerit slip was already filled out that Karin would be going to Professor Fredrick so she didn't want to change that as much as she had considered just pitching the idea that Karin do it instead if he were not in need. But this is how she had arranged it after all. No going back on it now she supposed.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:54 pm

"Oh, nothing much. Just work in the gym. I understand they he is in need for someone to work at the sauna and swimming pool area. Its a fairly simple set of work but would aid him greatly. You would, of course need your swimming costume as the school uniform would end up soaked through in no time."

"I'm sure you will perform wonderfully"
He finished, his grin so broad he was looking like the proverbial cheshire cat.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:30 pm

She was looking at an angel here and figured that she saw it. His friend probably had a hidden camera set up or some other means of taking photos that they would share with one another, probably part of the arrangement that they had going with each other, Fredrick's would send girls to his buddy in exchange for video or pictures.

The pool got her feeling uneasy. She had been there but once and avoided it ever since given that was where she encountered that demon that boiled her alive. That was where she met that other girl, what was her name Kristy? Yes, the aspiring actress …

“Oh, I wouldn't be able to stay too late, and I can't swim all too well but I'll do it though if things get too daunting with my work load I'll have to miss a day or two to keep afloat with all my studies.”

She really hoped that she didn't encounter that demon again, she had already encountered him twice and she was sorely tempted in sending Karin into that situation. Being ogled was one thing, she could deal with that …

But knowing that there was one of them there she would have felt horrible sending even Karin to face it. She really didn't want to do this, her heartbeat a little quicker, she had gone a little pale just thinking back to that time so why was she agreeing to to it for Karin's sake nonetheless! Was she really that soft?

Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:01 pm

The teacher held Daphnee's look, his grin plastered across his face and he made a snort which rapidly turned into a snicker, then a guffaw and finally he started laughing. The laughter was mirrored by the other three teachers and for a moment Daphnee was surrounded in a ring of laughter. It was purely male laughter however, Anne's voice being absent. If Daphnee glanced back a smile would be on her face that didn't quite reach her eyes. There was certainly nothing mocking in her and she seemed to be not entirely happy with the joke that was being pulled.

"Oh My" Mr Fredrick said through tears of laughter. "I'm sorry young Miss. I couldn't resist winding you up. You are doing a duty to the school and helping Miss Deas, as you mentioned before and I certainly wouldn't want to infringe on your time, especially as I know the Head Girl you will likely be under. Her passion for excellence would land you in lot of trouble if I got you to work extra like that. Please, I will be entirely happy to help with this Karin Hessler's punishment and you certainly don't need to do any work for me or anyone here for payment. Your dedication truly is impressive"

He laughed some more, getting a hold of himself. "I am sorry but you seemed so earnest and I was wondering how far you would go to make sure Miss Hessler got her punishment. She must have irritated you quite badly! I mean... turning up to do unspecified work in your swimsuit?"

Another round of chuckled filled the room as he wiped away another tear. "Please, I trust you will forgive me?"

Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:34 pm

What was going on here? She swung her gaze about as she heard the cackling laughter. Did they know that the Demon was there? Was it a set up? Kakumoah once eluded to something that she could not shake. He had inferred that the school knew what was going on, it made sense but she could not get him to say one way or another. He certainly had the habit of clamming up and not answering those things that he could not answer but she had learned he did not lie either.

It had been up to her to hit upon the right questions and when he couldn't comment on something she had an answer, unless he was playing around with her she didn't think this was the case but she couldn't say for sure.

But did they know? Was that the joke but then it was explained to her. It might have been mean but she was indeed relieved it was a joke. Her heart began to slow down, breathing came easier to her. Whether they knew that she knew that there was something there or this was as he said a harmless joke to test her enthusiasm and dedication she could not say with any certainty.

“I just wanted to see things through with Miss Hessler. She can be a pain at times but I don't do this out of malice. With any luck she'll learn something from all this. Hopefully it's not just sneaking around and hiding things better but a realization that she can loose out on what she loves and decides that circumventing rules isn't worth the risks.

“Hate takes too much energy I find. And yeah, you had me going there. All is forgiven.”
Dick, she thought but was relieved even if she was the butt of a very bad joke she was to relieved to hold this against him.

“But I will give it some thought about other work and see what can be arranged.”

Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:34 am

The teacher stood with a small heave, moving across to drape an arm around Daphnee’s shoulders.

“Good girl. ‘Hate takes up too much energy’ That isn’t a bad motto for life you know...” With a gentle push the teacher turned Daphnee towards the door. ”Now, I’m afraid I have to move you on as I’m going to have to find something appropriate for Miss Hessler. After all, we can’t have her sat around doing nothing. The devil finds work for idle hands and all that. You run along now as I’m sure that the lovely Miss Deas hasn’t finished with you today. Thank you for giving me forewarning of this delinquent and I’ll be sure to pass along my regards and reports to Miss Matsumoto.”

He released Daphnees shoulders as they stepped out of the door and he turned to go back into the teachers lounge.

“Oh, one more thing. Feel free to tell young Miss Hessler to turn up in her swimming costume!”

Another gale of laughter swept from the teachers lounge, only shut off as the door clicked shut, the sound being muffled by the heavy wood door, leaving Anne and Daphnee outside.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:50 pm

He was touching her? She did not shrink away from the touch though allowing herself to be guided along. A human touch is much different that claws or slimy tentacles and this one had not been overtly sexual as she is lead out of the lounge.

She nods at the instruction, a blush of embarassment dashes over her cheeks for a moment as she recalls the joke and is essentially told to play it forward though if she did so with Karin that would cause a fight when she got back that evening, simple matter, let it blow over and study that night in the library so that the two did not encounter one another until morning the next day.

“Will do sir. Thank you sir.” The door is closed cutting off the laughter.

“I'm glad I didn't have to do that, I don't know where I would have found the time.” She composes herself quickly. “OK, now that that is settled what's next?”

Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next