View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Sandra "Sandy" Channing, the sleepless girl. 

Oh good. For a minute there I thought my character had taken over and I was hallucinating.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:17 am

Ack! Thanks for the welcome Sofia. I just noticed your post. Sorry. Seems the posting at the same time made me miss it until I went back to check something.

Also, I can't help but notice, at least when I'm usually on, that there are very few monsters on. Is that just the time I'm on, or is it indicative of how things are in general?

Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:54 am

kind of a lately thing... used to be too many monsters active

Current character feelings
Raven is: Studious

Darwin is: Lamenting

Quaetea is: yawning

Arith Kua is: recomissioned

((accepting RPs on all but, Arith at the moment))

Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:57 am

Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:59 am

Well, as someone playing a monster, from my perspective it just means more people to choose from. :D

That aside... cool character. I'd love to play with you!

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:29 am
Profile YIM

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:54 pm

Thank you! And to Antipode, well, obviously I took you up on that offer. Enjoying it so far.

On a side note, I realized something that was nagging me about Sandra. Couldn't place it til I was cleaning up after work today, and got to my bookcase. Picked up Simon R. Green's "Drinking Midnight Wine" and it clicked. I know who inspired Sandra, at least subconsciously. If you've ever read the aforementioned piece of literature, you'll know the character I'm thinking of, The Waking Beauty. To those who know who I'm talking about, do you think it would be plausible to work a similar mystic element into Sandra's story? Not so much the See-ing thing, as the insomnia being a defense mechanism against something else.

Please let me know what you think.

Edit: A few people have caught one of the puns in Sandra's name, her nickname of Sandy. Can anyone catch the second, more obscure pun? The hint is, think music, specifically from the late 60's.

Sorry, I'm a dork, I know.

Last edited by SChanning on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Sadly, Wikipedia was not forthcoming with the info on that character, so unless someone else has already read the (interesting seeming) book, I'm one monster unable to help. ^_^;

And what I thought I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to deal with any of those goddamn stupid useless people. If any of them wanted to tell me something they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after awhile, and then I'd be through having conversations with them for the rest of my life. That'd be fine if that wasn't exactly how things work on the internet!

Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:20 pm
Profile YIM

OMG! I didn't read all the replies and hope this isn't too overly forward, but the person I made my character Saffron for seems to have left, and Sandra is really her type... we should RP!

Also, given that Linny is married to a "Sondra", the idea of Saffron being with a "Sandra" is just too cool... again, I understand that I'm making huge assumptions and such, but the physical descriptions, the history, the personality profile... hell's bells, you remind me a little of my real life girl only not mute.

“Sex is more than an act of pleasure, it is the ability to be able to feel so close to a person, so connected, so comfortable that it's almost breathtaking to the point you feel you can’t take it. And at this moment you're a part of them.”
~The Infamous Linnis van Ryan~

Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:37 pm
Profile YIM

Wow Linnis, really? I feel sort of warm and fuzzy now. Uhm, I'd be happy to RP with you, just be warned, Sandra isn't a lesbian, and has little experience with such encounters.
If she does get into anything like that, it will be weird for a while, also for me, since I've never tried it out either. But, hey, it's Role Playing, you try new things, right?

Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:42 pm

Saffron and I both are very patient. And yeah, I am gay, and use this site as a way to explore things that I'm not too comfortable with in real life, and to get used to some things I want to broaden my horizons to become used to... you know? ^-^ Besides, I'm flattered that you're willing to allow me to try and be your first, even if its simulated... or.... gah, this is strange.

“I remember a hundred lovely lakes, and recall the fragrant breath of pine and fir and cedar and poplar trees. The trail has strung upon it, as upon a thread of silk, opalescent dawns and Saffron sunsets.”
~Hamlin Garland~

Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:54 pm
Profile YIM

We're talking on a website dedicated to telling stories centered around the simulated rape of young women by various and sundry inhuman beasts. I think we have strange covered, neh? Talking about lesbianism seems normal by comparison. And again, no promises she'll turn out to be one, but I'm willing to give it a shot and see how it goes.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:57 pm

“I remember a hundred lovely lakes, and recall the fragrant breath of pine and fir and cedar and poplar trees. The trail has strung upon it, as upon a thread of silk, opalescent dawns and Saffron sunsets.”
~Hamlin Garland~

Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:01 pm
Profile YIM

Also, edited original post to add Theme Song, just for kicks.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:08 pm

I sent you a PM... a sort of a... well, a promise to be gentle?

~Hamlin Garland~

Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:17 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next