View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Sayuri the Mad 

Location: Already in your cargo hold, stealing to her heart's content
Post Sayuri the Mad
((Even if you were around when I was last time, you should probably read this. She's changed. Also, my deepest apologies for the length of this.))

Name: Sayuri Saito
Place of Birth: California
Nationality: American
Hair: Black and cropped short. It stands out along the back of her head in a wedge, and two longer parts hang on either side of her face.
Eye Color: Dark brown
Ethnicity: Japanese
Skin Tone: Pale tan
Pubic Hair: An unkempt black mane
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 118 lbs when last weighed, though she's apparently lost some since then.
Bust: 28A
Waist: 26
Hips: 28
Build: Sayuri is lean and muscular, yet at the same time incredibly lithe. Her frame is a gymnast's, though her body is more wiry.

Psychological Profile: Sayuri is insane. She is not insane in a manageable or quirky sort of way, but rather in the danger-to-self-and-others sort of way. She is disjointed from reality and suffers a number of neuroses, manias, and other psychological disorders. These include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
-Paranoia. Perhaps the most understandable of her disorders, Sayuri believes that everyone and everything that isn't a student is trying to rip her clothes off and violate her terribly. Unfortunately, this goes far beyond a healthy level of caution, and is made worse by her hallucinations.
-Kleptomania. If it's pointy and it fits in one hand, Sayuri needs it.
-Pyromania. One of her favorite items to attempt on the 'to-do' list is "Burn down the campus".
-Violent mood swings. Her mood is intensely unstable, though she doesn't quite fall within the diagnosis of bipolar.
-Suicidal urges. At times, the only thing keeping Sayuri from leaping from the top of the dorms in a swan-dive is that she hasn't completed her 'to-do' list (see below). In the interim, she's often taken to cutting her arms and calling it 'practice'.
-Psychotic. All the nightmares are real and enjoy wandering around at the edge of her vision. She occasionally grows delusional and believes herself either back home or back in time before she went underground. Her delusions most often affect her 'to-do' list, which causes her to accept another list as her own. Completing an incorrect list leads directly to an overpowering feeling that she's forgotten a task that was supposed to be on the list, thus preventing her death. Oddly, her strongest hallucinations are olfactory in nature. She generally does not question her episodes.
-Feral. While not a proper psychological condition, Sayuri has lived without a proper shelter for over two years under intensely strenuous conditions. She still prefers to scavenge for her food, sleep wrapped in her cloak in dark corners, and occasionally communicate through growls and other wordless means.
Despite all the damage to her psyche, Sayuri occasionally has stretches of perfect lucidity and clarity. These always end with a strong depressive episode because she cannot forget a single moment of her time at the school during them.

Personality: Sayuri was once unfailingly strong-willed, and that trait shows through much of her behavior. Above and beyond anything, she cares deeply for the other students and will do everything in her power to protect a girl she has never met from an attacker a saner person would consider harmless. When facing a monster alone, her personality swings with her mood.

Virgin? Of course not.

Distinguishing features: At almost all times, she wears a heavy, tattered, torn, patched, and mended brown cloak that wraps heavily over her neck. Underneath, it is filled with bands and pockets that contain all her worldly possessions, which are mostly scavenged weapons and dry food. She wears loosely wrapped bands of fabric over her breasts to keep them from getting in the way, but the bands are designed to fall away before being torn. On her left wrist is a single, flat band of leather with two D-rings. There is no buckle on it, it will not fit over her hand, and, when questioned, Sayuri will mutter something about "remembering who I belong to" and drop the subject. Aside from that, she wears no clothing. Due to being barefoot for so long, her feet are intensely calloused.

Piercing or Tattoos: Faint scars line her inner arms laterally. The kanji for "sword" is inked between her shoulder blades in thick black lines. There is a series of faint dot-shaped scars along her labia from when she sewed them shut. (The stitching was removed and healed shortly thereafter by one of the basement's denizens, and she hasn't bothered attempting to redo it.)

Language: English, Japanese, feral barks and growls
Likes: Completing tasks on her list, other students, fire, Evy, sharp things, small dark spaces, controlled pain, Evy, those breakfast bar things they sometimes leave out in large baskets in the cafeteria and that stay fresh for years, music
Activities: scavenging for food / weapons, mending her cloak, scouting out new hiding places, sitting on the roof and staring longingly at the edge of it for hours on end, working towards completion of her 'to-do' list, attempting to befriend other 'fighter' students and enlist them in helping with her goals.

Miscellaneous:
Tender neck - For whatever reason, Sayuri's neck is especially sensitive to touch. It is the first thing she offers to lovers and the last thing she lets a monster near. If grabbed by her throat, she has a strong tendency to freeze or go limp in her captor's grasp.
Minor telepathy - Sayuri has developed a sort of sixth-sense as it relates to non-human sentience. If any monster approaches her without actively masking the subtle psychic emanations all things give off, she will usually detect them nearby in the form of an unpleasant scent, though this merely warns her of danger others might not sense. Due to the fact that she hallucinates other smells, she is often on edge for no valid reason. In addition to this, she feels a strong interest and bond in students Miss Steel has 'marked' for her, though she does not comprehend the source of this.
To-do list - Back before she went completely mad, Sayuri wrote out a list of goals intended to cripple, if not utterly destroy, the school's ability to function just long enough to set the students free. Strange intuition foretold that graduation was not an escape, and she designed her plans with that in mind. Over the intervening months, she rewrote and copied the list dozens of times, and it is now burned into her subconscious mind such that, if handed a blank scrap of paper and a pen, she will still rewrite the list in full (and can write no other notes without intense concentration).
Here is a summary of the original list:
-Refine, distribute, and implement "buddy system":
--Find sophomores and elder students who do not believe in the monsters. Befriend them and stay as close to them as possible at all times. If that student gets attacked, find new 'buddy' together.
-Burn down all buildings except dorms.
-Kill: (the list always begins with Niceman but grows or shrinks each time it is rewritten. This portion of her tasks is alone fluid in her mind)
-Gather as many allies with fighting ability as possible. Form into mob with as little warning as possible in order to forcibly obtain transport off of island, most likely ship.
-Determine location of island, secure pilot for ship, find some way to load ship with students, have students sail home.
-Say goodbye to Evy.
-Defend ship with life.
It is worthwhile to note that the vast majority of tasks on the to-do list are quite simply impossible to achieve for anyone, much less an insane girl who wakes up in weird places and yells at shadows.

Background:
Pre-Shokushu: In her formative years, Sayuri was always a happy, if cold, girl. She studied kendo and kenjitsu thoroughly under her mother, had plenty of friends, and did exceptionally well in school. Always a bit reserved emotionally, she found herself comfortable at the edge of her social circle. With her natural ability and her mother's training, she had a promising career of professional kendo ahead of her. That was, of course, until fate decided to rip the veneer she'd built around herself aside. One night, walking home from a late training session, she was accosted by a group of men with darkest intent for her. The district attorney reluctantly called the resulting slaughter self-defense. Unfortunately, the taste of blood had intoxicated and called to the young woman, and her mother sensed the change it was promising to have on her. A long boat ride later, Sayuri was somewhere she could never draw another sword until her temper had been cooled.

Early Campus Life: Sayuri's first months at the campus went as they normally do for the students unlucky enough to be tagged as 'available'. She found solace in the arms of a lover, built up a continual supply of rage to feed those creatures that could appreciate it, and hated her own weakness. It was that last trait that drove her into the woods. She spent months away from classes, the other girls, and all things normal while she solidified her rage into a cold contempt and trained herself thoroughly in the use of crudely-fashioned flint throwing-blades. When she returned the first time, she bought a few minor victories by holding fast where other students would yield. In the end, though, the creatures were still beyond her ability to subdue. In desperation, she decided she needed to train further and in a harsher environment.

Underground: For over two years, Sayuri lived willingly in the basement of the school. At first, she felt her training reach another level with the constant pressure she was under. Her mind was sharpening despite the defeats, and her body was hardening to match it. As she pressed on, though, that edge began to cut back. Her sanity sheared away so smoothly that she never noticed its fading. The continual defeat, rape, and brutality she was subjected to crushed her psychological defenses and left her strange and shattered. She was considering, in a horribly depressing moment of lucidity, abandoning her list and jumping to the end result early when Miss Steel discovered her hidden away in the back of an empty room. The horrors visited upon her during their brief time together, compounded by the monster's belief that Sayuri was somehow her father, convinced the young woman that she had to complete the list, no matter the cost, before she could take her final rest.

Sayuri in her cloak:

- A murderer
Miss Steel - An addict
Chris Davis - A rapist

Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:14 am

Post Re: Sayuri the Mad
Gone mad eh? Mmm, maybe the King in Yellow could make use of her. Insanity is a requirement to be in the play.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:18 am
Profile YIM

and it looks like Evy's job has just gotten hard then again I think she likes it like that way

Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:26 am

*pounces Evy* Oh, hey, look, a thread.

Oh, and Him Who Must Not Be Named, I'll only accept a role in the play if I get to keep my bones. None of that melting stuff. It makes the stabbing hard.

- A murderer
Miss Steel - An addict
Chris Davis - A rapist

Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:40 am

::Bows:: But of course...a token such as her is not one to be spent lightly, no, you'd be given a valuable part in the Blasphemous Play.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:42 am
Profile YIM

Hey there, Sayuri! Great to have you back on the boards again! :D It's been a long time since I've seen you around. I hope the two of us get a chance to RP together sometime soon.

"The best thing to do would be to designate everywhere as clothing optional, and we could leave little fenced in areas for the prudes to prance around in. Call them "Prudist Camps." They could peer out of their fences and indulge in their offensive "I'm offended" behavior whenever they saw a natural person walk by, without bothering the rest of us."--Anon

Bio

Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:21 am

Glad to be back and see so many of the other old-timers are still around. Feel free to drop me a PM, Sondra, if you want to get something going with the crazy girl or my more monstrous character.

- A murderer
Miss Steel - An addict
Chris Davis - A rapist

Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:36 am

Not nearly enough old-timers, imo. I'm still waiting for Carmen, Paws, and Trixie (among many others) to return. I know Keahi was back, very briefly, before vanishing again.

And I will most certainly send you a PM. Wouldn't mind RPing with both characters.

"The best thing to do would be to designate everywhere as clothing optional, and we could leave little fenced in areas for the prudes to prance around in. Call them "Prudist Camps." They could peer out of their fences and indulge in their offensive "I'm offended" behavior whenever they saw a natural person walk by, without bothering the rest of us."--Anon

Bio

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]