View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Rumor Mill 

Post Rumor Mill
So, a bunch of girls living together in a private school with the constant threat of rape and rampant lesbianism. It feels like there'd be a whole lot of gossip going around, right? So I figured we'd get it in one place, basically a way for players to keep everyone up to date with what their characters are going up to, and seeding threads for recurring plot.

- There's been a rash of recent thefts and vandalisms all around campus. Usually, these are accompanied by graffiti tagging the territory with the mysterious name Les Invisibles. Like everything at Shokushu, these bouts of insurrection are quickly cleaned up and taken care of, but all it takes is one student to see them to get the gossip rolling.

- Sometimes related, sometimes not, are rumors of a secret and shadowy group on campus, the intents and goals of which are unknown. Consider it the Skull and Crossbones of Shokushu. The exact purpose of the group, or whether it exists or not (and if it does exist, whether it's a genuine organization or a couple of girls just trying to get the ball rolling) is up to question, but some girls are linking it to the frenetic bouts of vandalism.

- If you've really put your ear to the grindstone, you've probably heard of an underground contraband operation running out of the dorm of local curmudgeon Elise Renfroe. The school seems to foster this kind of black market to some degree. Supposedly she has everything from rather mundane goods like clothing, electronics, and sex toys scavenged from recent graduates or MIA students, to illegal goods, like cigarettes and bootleg wine.

Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:36 am

Post Re: Rumor Mill
Good to see this sort of thing; curious to see where things may lead for them. Afraid this one has little to contribute to the rumor mill itself; however some students may find things like textbooks going missing sometimes, and occasionally diaries showing signs of having been looked at... :D

Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:47 am
Profile YIM

Location: Already in your cargo hold, stealing to her heart's content
-Rumors of the old stories about monsters have gained a slight edge, as a few students who have never seen one of the creatures before whisper about seeing a strange brown thing in the halls or on the roof. Some believe the thing to be just another monster, while others murmur that she might be the spirit of a student who threw herself from the roof of the building many years ago.

-It's said that someone is attempting to gather the names and allegiance of every student on the island with any fighting ability. Unfortunately, the goal of this gathering is unknown to those who pass the story along, and tracking down whoever is doing this is like chasing shadows.

-As happens intermittently, another rumor of a student who 'disappeared' years ago and recently returned has surfaced. As is common with these rumors, there are mutterings that wherever she disappeared to changed her mind in some terrible way. Those dealing in secrets and such things have loosely connected the rumors of this girl with whispers of the brown apparition.

- A murderer
Miss Steel - An addict
Chris Davis - A rapist

Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:43 am

Sayuri wrote:
-It's said that someone is attempting to gather the names and allegiance of every student on the island with any fighting ability. Unfortunately, the goal of this gathering is unknown to those who pass the story along, and tracking down whoever is doing this is like chasing shadows.

MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:42 am

Elise Renfroe wrote:
MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!

Gives new meaning to the phrase..."FINISH HER!"

;)

Dendrite, irresistibly helpful tentacled alien! Message me to move your completed threads.

"You've got to be able to fuck when they can't."
--Jason Carter

As seen on Something Awful!

Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:49 pm

Sayuri wrote:
-As happens intermittently, another rumor of a student who 'disappeared' years ago and recently returned has surfaced. As is common with these rumors, there are mutterings that wherever she disappeared to changed her mind in some terrible way. Those dealing in secrets and such things have loosely connected the rumors of this girl with whispers of the brown apparition.

I hope you didn't put this in for my sake :) if you did I'm thankfull *bows*

Dawn Portman's Bio: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2908&p=48448#p48448
Dawn Portman's Personal Diary (Reading): viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3148

Student Of The Month, May 2004
SHS Cheerleading Squad Captain
SHS Swim Team Captain

Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 am

Thread revived!

- Fliers have been showing up around campus, littered across the quad, spread through the residence halls and common rooms, and tucked under doors. While the ever-vigilant administration manages to dispose of them before anyone takes notice and a large number are thrown away in the trash by confused students, hopefully a handful still manage to find themselves into circulation. They're hand-written, on standard stock paper purloined from the art supply room. A smear of a red hand print marks the head of each page.

A Call to Sisters.

You know who you are. They have violated you in ever way conceivable. They have ripped away not just your clothes but your body, your mind, your soul, your very will to power.

Don't be afraid. Know that the others like you are legion. We are everywhere. The tips of our fingers touch ever corner of this island. We feel its pulse. They may have convinced you they are invulnerable. They are not. We outweigh them in numbers and in intellect.

You may have convinced yourself to endure the torture, to accept four years of Hell. But there is in no after. They have no designs to return you to your home or your life. If you accept this as your fate, it will be your life for the rest of your life, as short as it may be. If you came here a virgin, you will know only rape for the rest of your existence.

Fight back. Those that fight are our allies, those that flee or hide, our enemies.

Fear not the threat of discipline, for it is merely the weak illusion they cast to insure our obedience. Fear not death, for it is merely salvation from slavery.

Those that are cunning and strong in the face of this yoke, will find us. Those that don't, at least, will know their fates.

In the past few months, this red hand has become a recurring symbol through the school, whether it be graffitied on the walls of the various faciliity beings, slapped in textbooks or splashed along walls.

(Mad props go to the first person who can identify the reference point for "The Red Right Hand" without looking it up)

Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:36 am

It was a couple of months after the fliers had been first being distributed. The buzz and rumor of the Red Right Hand was still present, though the initial surprise had long since worn off. That's when 'it' appeared... a copycat, a rebuttal, or something else entirely? There was no message with it, no explanation. It showed up once, at first.

With the next red hand graffiti to appear, painted onto a chalkboard at the head of one room, something else had accompanied it before it had been discovered by students and staff. The Red Right Hand that had appeared again had an accompanying symbol sketched out above it in white chalk.

A strange layered mandala, set with some sort of expanding flower design... layered petals like that of a rose, ending in six points. It was a simple pattern, drawn precisely and crisply above the raw-looking graffiti below. No identification, nor explanation... it had simply appeared in the same night as the symbol of the hand, drawn perhaps at the same time or hours later, but long before the morning sun had brought with it the eyes of those who hadn't seen it before.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:32 am
Profile YIM

I'm saddened this never took off!

Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:34 am

Well most of the rumors fell dead for various reasons and Im horrible with gossip XP. Think most active people are just in their own little plots which are probably not well known by the generall student population *shrugs*.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:40 am

Well, I can't say for everyone, but I myself have a couple student characters who might fit into this pretty well, most notably my Sondra character. If there is enough interest to get something going here, I'd love to get involved in this plot in some way or another.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:28 am
Profile WWW

Katrina Young wrote:
Well, I can't say for everyone, but I myself have a couple student characters who might fit into this pretty well, most notably my Sondra character. If there is enough interest to get something going here, I'd love to get involved in this plot in some way or another.

Well, the plot itself is dead. I sent Elise off into space and I don't think any of the other RRH members are even around anymore.

Besides, I suspect Elise would have detested Sondra. ;)

I was more talking the general idea of a rumor mill thread, you know, to foster continuity.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:36 am

Aye. I miss this plot too.

Especially since ultimately Ico would have been very pleased to see Elise in space... assuming she was finally able to outwit him~!

To good games and good ideas!

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:54 am
Profile YIM

I really liked the idea of rumors providing a framework for a more cohesive inter-RP narrative. I actually would have loved to participate in one of these but my posting rate is slowish and I have several threads that STILL aren't finished.

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:54 pm
Profile YIM

Even if Elise's master plot is dead, can we still use this thread (or a new one like it) if we can think of a juicy rumour that might inspire someone to make a thread.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:20 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next